Tomb Raider - Discussion Thread

The saves are really clever - although most camps which are outside in an open area permit Lara to do fast travel, those that are inside caves and other closed areas do not. Only the upgrades and skill points menu show up!

I haven't touched the game since my Sunday night playthrough. Was terribly tired yesterday night and crashed early. Need to assemble a new system for the boss and will be busy this evening. I hope to get some free time after that.

Completed the game yesterday at around 4 am.. it was that intriguing.. loved every bit of it.. the most awesome part was the story line.. it kept me begging for more.. 10/10 from me.. :D

@Gannu
did u manage to discover the queens mansion during your path to the distress signal (the blue flame) by the pilot 2??

By the way i reached the shanty village and cleared the first wave and uncovered all the loot around. Got my bow upgraded (long before reaching here) and also the assault rifle (in shanty village). But I think the bow and the weapons can be upgraded even further as they show only 50% upgrade. How many times did u upgrade your bow? (I am not talking about the attachments, but finding the missing parts)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gannu
did u manage to discover the queens mansion during your path to the distress signal (the blue flame) by the pilot 2??

By the way i reached the shanty village and cleared the first wave and uncovered all the loot around. Got my bow upgraded (long before reaching here) and also the assault rifle (in shanty village). But I think the bow and the weapons can be upgraded even further as they show only 50% upgrade. How many times did u upgrade your bow? (I am not talking about the attachments, but finding the missing parts)

Queen's Mansion? I don't think so. What is the name of the chapter? Let me check my progress there. Does it reveal anything? As in any trophy or something?

As for upgrades, yes there are plenty more to do. Wait for it. :)

Holy crap, my GOW: Ascension copy has been shipped yesterday. If it reaches today evening, I am done for! I will have to pause Tomb Raider gameplay. :(

Queen's Mansion? I don't think so. What is the name of the chapter? Let me check my progress there. Does it reveal anything? As in any trophy or something?

As for upgrades, yes there are plenty more to do. Wait for it. :)

@Gannu
Ok the mansion is in your way towards the blue flame. Its just after parting with the marine (Roth) saying you are gonna save the pilot and not leave him there.

There is a way towards the left which is a cave entrance.. You need to pass through to find this mansion. And you will find some upgrade material there and the map gets unlocked. You have a save point just after crossing the cave in front of the mansion.

Check it if you have not already :)

Holy crap, my GOW: Ascension copy has been shipped yesterday. If it reaches today evening, I am done for! I will have to pause Tomb Raider gameplay. :(
I would say complete TR for the fragile LC before becoming the God Of War yourself.

The fagile needs the attention and not the gods :p

@rakesh_ic - I've done all the tombs until now. So if this one is a part of tomb exploration, I might have completed that. Anyways, will take a look.

The copy should arrive tomorrow positively. Since it takes a whole day to arrive from Pune to Surat. I have time to complete TR today. :)

@rakesh_ic - I've done all the tombs until now. So if this one is a part of tomb exploration, I might have completed that. Anyways, will take a look.

The copy should arrive tomorrow positively. Since it takes a whole day to arrive from Pune to Surat. I have time to complete TR today. :)

Sigh.. I cant play the Gods.. hope they release for poor pc users (I stopped pirating 3 years back so y cant they give me the good ones :()

I will never buy a console though

I will never buy a console though

You should! At least now, the PS3 super slim is cheap and the last of the slims are quickly vanishing from the stocks. There are at least a dozen exclusive titles, most of them which are now being sold as the low-priced Platinum editions. As low as 1400 Rs. a title!

/OT

You should! At least now, the PS3 super slim is cheap and the last of the slims are quickly vanishing from the stocks. There are at least a dozen exclusive titles, most of them which are now being sold as the low-priced Platinum editions. As low as 1400 Rs. a title!

/OT
Offtopic:: I wont be buying Ps3 for 2 reasons -
1) I am an ardent fan and a pc gamer + i dont like playing with joysticks.
2) If I occupy my tv as well, then my wife might say 3 simple words to me (ask me for those simple words if u dont understand what it is :p)

^^ I played it with a mouse n KB combo.. what actually did i miss :S

Maybe the vibrations. But yeah, I guess other than that this game can be played using a KB and mouse quite well. My friend casually did a playthrough last Sunday using the keyboard and mouse, and he was breezing through most parts.

Maybe the vibrations. But yeah, I guess other than that this game can be played using a KB and mouse quite well. My friend casually did a playthrough last Sunday using the keyboard and mouse, and he was breezing through most parts.
Actually i prefer a mouse + kb combo while playing an FPS/TPS.. not that I have other option, but i am used to it :p

FPS - no two thoughts about that, the KB and mouse wins hands down. But different people have got themselves adapted to different devices. A friend I know of during the college days used to be a pro using the laptop's touchpad and the WASD! He pwns other pros in a match of CS and UT! :p

Back