The Fitness Thread !

Want to lose weight without losing the small amounts of muscles I have in shoulders, near the neck. Just want to get rid of the extra 5kg. Im 76kg now. Height is around 6ft. How much will I have to work out to preserve the muscles? No supplements.

Also, any ideas to get thicker arms? Right from the elbow, mine get thinner.

Want to lose weight without losing the small amounts of muscles I have in shoulders, near the neck. Just want to get rid of the extra 5kg. Im 76kg now. Height is around 6ft. How much will I have to work out to preserve the muscles? No supplements.

At your height you should be looking to gain another 5-10 kg in muscles than lose weight.

Strengthen your muscles instead. Losing and gaining weight is what newbs get stuck in, and they never seem to get rid of that mindset. Moreover, you are also talking about localised fat loss, which is impossible.

Have only one goal in mind: increasing strength (which also involves gaining muscles).

Strengthen your muscles instead. Losing and gaining weight is what newbs get stuck in, and they never seem to get rid of that mindset. Moreover, you are also talking about localised fat loss, which is impossible.

Have only one goal in mind: increasing strength (which also involves gaining muscles).
Guys I know the drill, but im not looking for localized loss. More like localized gain in the arms :p
Also I packed on the last 5 kg in the last year and most of it is in the beer belly. So i'm assuming, first in will be first out :p

I love my shoulders, any bigger or smaller will just spoil the look :p That is why I was asking if Something simple like
> a negative calorie diet minus 300-400 carbs with a -
> body weight work out targeting back, shoulders and traps to maintain the look while rest of the places fat along with some muscle is lost.

Cant afford the time for a gym right now nor the headache that comes with it. (idiotic trainers that don't know shit.) Right now, if I can lose a pant size and retain the shoulders etc, it'l be awesome.

Push-ups and pull-ups is all you need for building your upper body like you want to. And obviously cardio to lose fat.
I cant do pull ups. Pushups, I can, around 10 before I totally fizzle out. But I suppose in 2-3 weeks I can make it 2-3 sets of 1-15 pushups. Question is how do I progressively increase the resistance? Like you increase weights with dumbells.

I cant do pull ups. Pushups, I can, around 10 before I totally fizzle out. But I suppose in 2-3 weeks I can make it 2-3 sets of 1-15 pushups. Question is how do I progressively increase the resistance? Like you increase weights with dumbells.

First increase the reps. When we used to train for cricket, we used to do at least 5 sets of 10 pushups and 3 sets of 25 crunches, just to warm up.
Once you can easily do at least 50 pushups in sets of 10 each should you look to increase the weight for which you can buy weight belts/bags.
Also once you become comfortable with pushups try and move on to pull-ups. There are different types of pull-ups and are the best exercise to develop your lats and other back muscles.

What's a good solution for pull-ups at home? I've seen those bars that you attach in the doorway... do they work? Don't they come off easily? Do they work for tall people? Do they make pull ups feel crampy because you're in that limited doorway space?
Is there a better home solution?

What's a good solution for pull-ups at home? I've seen those bars that you attach in the doorway... do they work? Don't they come off easily? Do they work for tall people? Do they make pull ups feel crampy because you're in that limited doorway space?
Is there a better home solution?
No they dont come out easily. I have one since 1 year.[DOUBLEPOST=1385356888][/DOUBLEPOST]
Rice is just bad for health when you are loosing weight or gaining muscles. Thats all
To grow stronger you need to eat more. especially when you are trying to gain weight.

http://jasonferruggia.com/how-to-get-more-calories-in/
http://jasonferruggia.com/muscle-building-nutrition-tips/
http://holisticsquid.com/is-white-rice-bad-for-you/

Well i avoided rice, it worked for me well. so does the scientific world thinks the same. Will go with rice is bad then :)

Rice is just bad for health when you are loosing weight or gaining muscles. Thats all
I can see it being beneficial from a fat loss point of view, but gaining muscles? That's bullshit. Adding rice to your diet is a great way to reach the calories you require. Check out the diet patterns of any bodybuilder, powerlifter, or serious athlete; they usually eat rice 2-3 days a week.

Hi guys is improper sleeping/waking up schedule the reason I am not gaining weight?
I eat more than a 70 kg person, since last one year I am eating more than ever still I gained only 3 kg and I am 60kg and 6.05 feet.
I don't have a daily sleeping or waking time. So is that the problem for low gain of weight?

Hello! good sleep is just as important as good eating in a proper physical discipline. your roster should include the required no. of hours of it, to be followed properly. its i suppose the time when your body enagages in repair, growth, rejuvenation; so try not to skimp on that.

Hello! good sleep is just as important as good eating in a proper physical discipline. your roster should include the required no. of hours of it, to be followed properly. its i suppose the time when your body enagages in repair, growth, rejuvenation; so try not to skimp on that.
Ya I thought it would be my sleep only, the sleep hours can be any between 5-9 hrs, so I will need to make it a proper schedule.

Back