The Fitness Thread !

^^ growth hormones are released only when we sleep, irrespective of whether we go to gym or not. that's why babies (need to) sleep a lot and older people don't.

you need to sleep/rest more only if you feel that you need it (i.e., if you sluggish, sleepy etc.). some people can manage with just 4 hrs of sleep and some need 10. try to find your balance.

What are some good places for martial arts training in various disciplines? What's the scene like in India? Any good places for any particular martial arts around Delhi? Has there been a list made for this purpose?

What are some good places for martial arts training in various disciplines? What's the scene like in India? Any good places for any particular martial arts around Delhi? Has there been a list made for this purpose?

i don't have much knowledge about Delhi, but alteast can tell this, that, since Sifu Kanishka Sharma is based there, you should look no further!

i think he has his hands in quite some other things too, including training film stars, liasoning with Pekiti Tirsia Kali instructors and conducting training-sessions for the forces-personnel, etc. in any case, he must be frequenting Delhi often, and his basic/primary classes must be handled by senior students/instructors in his absence.

Update on swimming: Now able to swim effortlessly . Its ironical that if you exert more effort during swimming, youll be able to swim less and less. Instead ,focusing on keeping upper body relaxed, coordinated breathing and using your leg movement as propellor/rudder is the key. I am now able to do 20-25 laps at a stretch with a break of 5-10 secs after each lap. I never thought i could do this after 3 years of sedentary life (For others, it might not be a big deal). Im not missing a single day.

Trying to be one of those persons who will be running marathons at 80 as opposed to complaining about ill health at that age.

great to know that! yes, everyone comes to realise later or sooner not to fight against water, but try to be one with it & absorb a part of its nature ('fluidity'). some good things that water teaches are grace, rhythm, breath-regulation, among others. i esp. liked how well you have increased your endurance. keep it up!

on the belt's right side in the 2nd pic, is the green coloured cable that of Belkin? and that bright orange cleaning-cloth on the left, i thought its to be found selling only at shops/stores & traffic-signals in Mumbai and the adjacent areas.
sorry for ruining your post's intent. :D

on the belt's right side in the 2nd pic, is the green coloured cable that of Belkin? and that bright orange cleaning-cloth on the left, i thought its to be found selling only at shops/stores & traffic-signals in Mumbai and the adjacent areas.

That cable looks like a Razer headphone cable and that orange cleaning cloth is available all over India easily.

Guys need some help with supplements. I bought creatine for pre workout and undecided about post workout. Should I go for whey protein or something like hydrobuilder from ON? I do some cardio and only have dumbells for exercise. would buy a bench with some rods n stuff later.

Guys need some help with supplements. I bought creatine for pre workout and undecided about post workout. Should I go for whey protein or something like hydrobuilder from ON? I do some cardio and only have dumbells for exercise. would buy a bench with some rods n stuff later.
No need for hydrobuilder imo, have your diet in check and eat good food, supplement your diet with a good whey protein post workout.

I can't able to find ON Gold whey...Please suggest where can I find online OR Suggest other brand....
Try healthkart.com, healthgenie.in, snapdeal(make sure to see seller rating), or nutritionshoppe (ebay link).
You can buy dymatize 10 lb for 10400 at nutritionshoppe's ebay store and reduce it further using coupons. You can also consider S.A.N pure platinum, musclepharm combat powder, B.S.N syntha 6 , Myofusion elite, universal nutrition etc. All depends on the nutritional profile that you prefer and your budget.

Last edited:

bodybuilders lift so much that their body demands enormous amounts of food (energy), which translates to kilos of meat/veggies. it's impractical to eat that much amount of food and hence they look toward supplements.

you need to look past dumbbells to be able to utilize costly supplements. BTW, what are you trying to achieve with creatine and cardio?

Yes Belkin and that cloth can be found anywhere. Needess to say U missed the point of my post.
Nah Belkin.
That cable looks like a Razer headphone cable and that orange cleaning cloth is available all over India easily.

Last edited:
bodybuilders lift so much that their body demands enormous amounts of food (energy), which translates to kilos of meat/veggies. it's impractical to eat that much amount of food and hence they look toward supplements.

you need to look past dumbbells to be able to utilize costly supplements. BTW, what are you trying to achieve with creatine and cardio?
I m looking forward to fitness and increase in physical strength. Planning to bench in Jan.

^^ then leave aside creatine for a while... you can start taking it when you'll start lifting heavy. it's going to bloat you otherwise... and will make you do more cardio.

take whey protein shake post workout. also, you can take it before/during the workout if you feel less energetic during your workouts.

Effective and very pocket friendly supp!
Do you guys use pre workouts? I workout early morning and sometimes I feel the need for some extra energy and focus to keep me going. Was thinking of caffeine initially, but now thinking about a pre workout like neurocore, jack3d micro etc. Costly though :(

Effective and very pocket friendly supp!
Do you guys use pre workouts? I workout early morning and sometimes I feel the need for some extra energy and focus to keep me going. Was thinking of caffeine initially, but now thinking about a pre workout like neurocore, jack3d micro etc. Costly though :(
Eat bananas :)

Back