The 2013 Black Friday thread

Yeah, import deposits aren't refunded instantly nowadays, but they do get refunded after 60 days. I normally get 40-50% back depending on the customs.
OTOH, Amazon and DHL mucked up 2 of my shipments. Both were on expedited shipping, with pre-paid import deposit, but the local BlueDart guy said since customs have been charged (that too 200-300 INR more than what Amazon charged me per shipment), I'll have to pay upfront and only then will he hand over the shipment.
After a long and exhausting chat with both Amazon and DHL CSAs (separately of course), did DHL finally agree to deliver it by tomorrow, with the shipper paying for the customs.
Never ever had such issues with Aramex (Free AmazonGlobal Shipping).
Aramex is shit only in India domestic services.

My package from amazon free global saver shipping left in December 2 and reached me on December 6.

They are just making a fool of the customers by adding expedited shipping option. Aramex is the best internationally..

My other shipment from Amazon is showing this since 5th December:

Shipment History
Location Date Activity
New York,United States 12/5/2013 12:41:00 PM Data received.
New York,United States 12/5/2013 12:41:00 PM Record Created

I don't know whats wrong with Aramex.

Shipment History
Location Date Activity

Same with my order shipped on 5th. I thought I was the only one with this issue.

Shipment History
Location Date Activity

Same thing for me, it will show that for 3-4 days.. And then suddenly it will be delivered.

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB back at $129.99 in amazon. EDIT: Deal over. 149.99$ now
To get extra 5$ off:-
Amazon offers $5 off Orders $35 or More when you follow the instructions below. Thanks venetia

Note, credit expires at 11:59 PM PST on 12/15/13. Excludes Kindle devices, digital downloads and gift card purchases. Offer is only valid for items sold by Amazon.com
  1. Click here and select a Wish List or create one to share on Facebook
  2. Answer a question on the page and click on the 'Share & Claim' button to share your answer on Facebook
  3. A $5 off $35 or more promotional credit will be automatically applied to your account.
Source: SD

Last edited:
They replied this today.
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that your request # 390904XXXX has been sent to the concerned team to assist you with your inquiry at the earliest time possible.

Best Regards,
Aramex Team

I see. A friend was able to get the BOE this way in 24 hours and even got the amazon refund processed the same day. Once processed, I don't think it would take more than 2 or 3 days to reflect in the card. I was expecting 60 days as everyone else mentioned.

^ I called up Mumbai Aramex Customer Care , got BOE in 5 minutes , had paid 1400 as Customs Deposit,actual charged = 564.

And how did he contact amazon to get the refund ?

Got this in the mail now.

Hello,

I understand your concern.

Whenever the actual import fee deposit collected is less than we estimated, we'll issue a refund for the difference. However as one of my colleague mentioned the process takes 60 days from the shipment date.

However, as a one time exception I've requested a refund of $20.33(1246 INR) to your Visa card. You'll see the refund on your credit card statement in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll also be able to see the refund request in your order details.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Dheepika B.

LOL, they refunded entire customs deposit.

I love you Dheepika. ;)

^ I called up Mumbai Aramex Customer Care , got BOE in 5 minutes , had paid 1400 as Customs Deposit,actual charged = 564.

And how did he contact amazon to get the refund ?

When you say you 'got' it, does that mean they emailed a copy to you? Or just told you over the phone about how much the customs amount was? Going to call Aramex tomorrow myself.

Back