The 2013 Black Friday thread

So seems like the right thread to ask since almost everybody is here. :p
Dad lost his CDMA mobile somewhere (got the number blocked and all). Recommendations for a new one please with GOSF offers/links (if possible). The only requirement is it should be LOUD (both the earphone and the ringer). Any form of contact syncing will be a boon.
Edit: Looking at budget options. Nothing fancy needed.

Can you please share the contact details of the Aramex centre you called? Hopefully I can catch the same guy tomorrow.

The tracking page for your shipment will have contact details of the place it originated from, and destination. I called the mumbai aramex office customer care, it's on the site. Functional till 6 pm only.

So seems like the right thread to ask since almost everybody is here. :p
Dad lost his CDMA mobile somewhere (got the number blocked and all). Recommendations for a new one please with GOSF offers/links (if possible). The only requirement is it should be LOUD (both the earphone and the ringer). Any form of contact syncing will be a boon.
Edit: Looking at budget options. Nothing fancy needed.

Check out Motorola F3. Basic CDMA phone.

My package is showing as On Hold - Operations facility. Shipped by Aramex :(

New York Office,United States
12/11/2013 3:40:00 PM
On Hold - Operations Facility
New York Office,United States
12/10/2013 11:49:00 AM
Received at Operations Facility
New York,United States
12/7/2013 1:44:00 AM
Data received.
New York,United States
12/7/2013 1:44:00 AM
Record Created

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB back yet again at $129.99 in Amazon.
To get extra $5 off:-
Amazon offers $5 off Orders $35 or More when you follow the instructions below.

Note, credit expires at 11:59 PM PST on 12/15/13. Excludes Kindle devices, digital downloads and gift card purchases. Offer is only valid for items sold by Amazon.com
  1. Click here and select a Wish List or create one to share on Facebook
  2. Answer a question on the page and click on the 'Share & Claim' button to share your answer on Facebook
  3. A $5 off $35 or more promotional credit will be automatically applied to your account.
Source: SD

guys can some one please tell me whether it is ok to buy thermal past from the USA? will there be any problems during customs

I have no direct personal experience with this, but I'd imagine tubes of paste are the stuff of nightmares for airlines. At the very least, don't put it in cabin baggage. Checked baggage might be okay. To be honest though, I'd just buy it locally to save the hassle. I got a tube of Arctic Silver 5 from ITDepot a while back for about 550-600 bucks. That's $10 compared to the $8 you'd pay on Amazon. The savings aren't worth buying it abroad.

Will have to add something unwanted because 124.99 will not make it eligible for free shipping. Right ?

Nope.

TE.JPG

@raksrules Yeah , Length is one main reason plus the quality seems much better from the reviews.

I have heard these local cables from ebay disconnect the external hard disk every once in a while . anyone using these? how's the connectivity?

Cleanly took out 4TB HDD from Seagate Backup Plus and made it internal for my NAS with help of this video. It can again be put back in case one needs to avail warranty.

Yeah. Great. That's the beauty of the backup plus. I'm holding back from purchasing the 4TB. Ordered couple of 3TB Toshiba cause it has better GB/price ratio. But at the price of no international warranty (???) and lack of versatility.

Yeah. Great. That's the beauty of the backup plus. I'm holding back from purchasing the 4TB. Ordered couple of 3TB Toshiba cause it has better GB/price ratio. But at the price of no international warranty (???) and lack of versatility.

I think warranty is valid in India. Someone checked that and put screenshot on TE when 3TB drives were bought @99.99 from Amazon.

Edit: Look at this:

http://www.techenclave.com/communit...-external-hard-drive-110.145587/#post-1794553

and

http://www.techenclave.com/communit...xternal-hdd-rs6740.150836/page-3#post-1858986

Last edited:
Back