TATA docomo going to launch 3G this diwali

Wow...so I got the sim last evening and its still not activated. The company says4 hrs and the retail guy said 1 hr. But after more than 12 hours they ask me to go back to the retailer and ask them to resend the sms. Crap man.

Anyway any docomo shop near MG road, would rather just get a new card.

Revolution said:
TATA DOCOMO 2G speed really sucks.

I have recharge with Rs. 48 for 2GB.

It seems after launching 3G they have bottle-necked the 2G speeds and artificially forcing consumers to go to 3G plans.

Btw it seems you are using your phone in 3G mode and hence getting around 128kbps and that is what the max you can expect, try putting your phone in normal GSM mode and you MAY get better speeds. I dont get through :no:

raksrules said:
Btw it seems you are using your phone in 3G mode and hence getting around 128kbps and that is what the max you can expect, try putting your phone in normal GSM mode and you MAY get better speeds. I dont get through :no:
Nope,I got Nokia 2700C & 2G SIM...

raksrules said:
It seems after launching 3G they have bottle-necked the 2G speeds and artificially forcing consumers to go to 3G plans.

when i do a speed test on my BSNL 3G i get the exact same result... so that speedtest isnt worth anything!!

Yes the speedtest is not a benchmark for speedtesting for 3G anymore.
In MTNL In mumbai speedtest gives 0.15Mbps as my speed but my max speed can be reached upto 300KB/SEC.

But any reason why speed test is not a reliable parameter ?

Asking this since someone has posted a thread with video in IBF forum about Airtel 3G experience zone and its speed test results went till 2.5 Mbps types.

Maybe since some of the 3G operators are using shared IP address. The speed maybe capped for each connection.
I.e 150Kbit per connection.
So when i use IDM with 16 simultaneous connections i get speeds in excess of 200KB/SEC.

^^thats not the joke, Read the Fair usage clause, they are not satisfied even after imposing that 10kbps speed :rofl:

sumatrix said:
did anyone notice speed level 3?? upto 10kbps :lol::lol::lol::lol:.is he actually playing a practical joke on us??:2guns::bshit:
This is insane.. What in the world can a person do with 10kbps? Absolutely ridiculous. They would better disconnect if they have to rather.

Chote log chote figures . is this the only joke or are we going to see much bigger ones from the other operators in the coming months??

Tata is busy with his petitions with blocking the leak of tapes with coorporate leaks on 2G scam.
Heard that vodafone is going to launch their 3G with no FUP no capping.
If that happens then the life of this thread with docomo are numbered with the current set of plans.

Its not Japan's NTT Docomo anymore.....Tata's(TTSL) CEO Anil Saradana is 50 years old and has to make money to pay for his salary for 3 crores :p

Good that no-one i staking their plans anyway

ggt said:
Tata is busy with his petitions with blocking the leak of tapes with coorporate leaks on 2G scam.

Heard that vodafone is going to launch their 3G with no FUP no capping.

If that happens then the life of this thread with docomo are numbered with the current set of plans.
May i know from where you got the info about Vodafone? Coz from what i know Airtel and Vodafone both will launch same crap useless plans.

BTW Vodafone is launching 3G in Bangalore(Karnataka Circle) in partnership with Airtel...by this month end or by the start of Jan :)

Back