TATA docomo going to launch 3G this diwali

vijaycool said:
If you message "FLY" to 53333 you get additional 10 days of free browsing with 250MB data usage.
I am having a tata docomo sim card but when i put my phone in UMTS mode, i still get 2G speeds only. :S

Restart you phone. Select only umts. Couple of mins I couldnt even get google site after trying few sites for 5 mins and a restart it gives me 3 Mbps speed.

I have a docomo 3g ready sim (64kb) will 3G be activated by default? I am located at Pune.

OT: Which is the cheapest 3G phone one can buy, basic phone features and to be used as a modem?

Can anyone tell me why i am not getting 3G speeds on my tata docomo 2GB/48 rs plan ? I am getting full 3.5G signal on my phone and my phone is in UMTS mode.

I know that the plan i am in is not for 3G but for normal GPRS/EDGE but since many people reported that they are getting 3G speeds on this, i thought why i am not getting it :S

Anyone in Pune (Aundh area specifically) report what speed do they get with 3.5G network ?

^^ If you mean small b then you are right because i just read on some other forum that docomo has restricted the speed to 128 kbps (yes small b) for people subscribed to normal 2G GPRS plans and use the phone in UMTS/WCDMA/3G/3.5G Mode :mad::mad:

I kept a direct download on and max i got was like 128-131kbps only :(

PS: Yes all are small b and not B :(

Fastest i have seen is 1.2 MBps in IDM (Transfer rate) while troubleshooting a friend's laptop in the US!

MohitPreet said:
guys finally got a first hand experience of tata docomo 3g , recharged for rs 95 for 6gb for 30days(the normal gprs plan) and connected my e71 with pc suite and my d/l speeds in IDM were about 350-380KBPS, amazing fast but only for 6gb ,

fastest internet speeds i have ever seen :p , i only hope they come up with some UL plans

raksrules said:
Can anyone tell me why i am not getting 3G speeds on my tata docomo 2GB/48 rs plan ? I am getting full 3.5G signal on my phone and my phone is in UMTS mode.
I know that the plan i am in is not for 3G but for normal GPRS/EDGE but since many people reported that they are getting 3G speeds on this, i thought why i am not getting it :S
Anyone in Pune (Aundh area specifically) report what speed do they get with 3.5G network ?
Ya, even I can see the 3.5G symbol in my phone but I'm getting EDGE speeds in reality coz I've recharged it for Rs. 48. Don't except 3G speed on EDGE plan! :p

@raksrules yes I meant small b. But even then, for Rs. 48 it is a steal compared to what we have been getting up till now from Airtel / Vodafone. There speeds are 120-150 Kbps only in the wee hours of the morning. So, having constant 128Kbps on mobile for just 48 bucks is not bad at all. Atleast for now.

@junk_qwe tata docomo gives 250MB at 3G speeds for first time users iirc. Check once the first 250MB are over. I stay in Bangalore and I get 128Kbps.

@Deepak: I have used close to 100Mb till now.. I only use the connection for mobile and do not connect it to a PC.. Will have to see what'd be the speed after 250Mb d/led. I activated the Rs 48 GPRS pack on 22nd..

Just got a docomo sim for blore. pre paid. can someone help me out with what I need to do. The website has some 100mb programs only.....

Recharge with Rs. 48 for 2GB if you want 2G GPRS. 3G GPRS programs are all like how you mentioned right now. Maybe with competition things will improve.

I think docomo and BSNL are pushing hard to make me believe that my Nokia 5230 is NOT 3G enabled. I know i am acting weird but with what is happening with me i feel so :mad:

I sent the SMS FLY to 53333 to avail the tata docomo 250MB trial at 3G speeds and i get return message saying

We are unable to process ur request!Ur handset may not be 3G supported or u are not in our 3G coverage area.If u have changed ur handset pls try after 6 hrs

Similar thing had happened with BSNL when i contacted them about 3G speed issues and they told that my phone is not 3G enabled :-[

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

In addition to that, with my phone in Dual mode i am getting max 128kbps (+-10%) but the positive thing at least for my case is that, i am ok with constant 128kbps rather than getting really up and down speeds in normal GSM mode.

Back