TATA docomo going to launch 3G this diwali

delguy19 said:
100% agree with you this fup started because of such missuse. so now everywhere the funda started because as soon as we think of interent we only do one this download bd rips and bla bla
Misuse :S... its rather misuse of the term "Unlimited" by the ISPs.

delguy19 said:
100% agree with you this fup started because of such misuse. so now everywhere the funda started because as soon as we think of interent we only do one this download bd rips and bla bla
theres no other source for us to get such content from locally is there? where do you find unrated/ uncensored / undubbed movies here in the first place? we don't get dvd's so forget about bluray.

check out online stores and you still see vcds everywhere. plus the variety is so small its like fishing in a well.

Seriously, will that be enough. With such blazing speeds will usage on cellphone be limited to normal browsing, checking mail and etc. And no video or audio streaming at all?

Its not adequate by a long mile for me.

I suppose with decent video streaming, a normal user's usage may go up

But it's unlikely a cellphone user's usage is going to exceed 1GB if the connection is indeed being used on a cellphone and not for torrent downloading

Just to verify, I checked my data usage on my phone for this month so far (10 days) and its 70MB (constant pushmail/fair amount of chat/minimal browsing) and 170MB on my ipad (incl both Edge and Wifi usage with reasonable amount of browsing and some video streaming)

Now I am not going to play a saint, my home BB usage last month was 105GB and I hate FUP on my home conenction.

But I think 3g on a cellphone is meant to provide information access on the go at fast speeds and I would hate it if my on-the-go speeds are impacted by folks who intend to use a 3G sim as their primary Internet connectivity mode.

6pack said:
theres no other source for us to get such content from locally is there? where do you find unrated/ uncensored / undubbed movies here in the first place? we don't get dvd's so forget about bluray.
check out online stores and you still see vcds everywhere. plus the variety is so small its like fishing in a well.
good keep on doing that and enjoy amazing fup which even hinder normal use nice keep it up

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

arjpillai said:
Misuse :S... its rather misuse of the term "Unlimited" by the ISPs.
they did misuse that in broadband and doing fup in 3g because of user misuse that form of connection so keep doing it and enjoy fup which is now going to be forever

delguy19 said:
good keep on doing that and enjoy amazing fup which even hinder normal use nice keep it up

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

they did misuse that in broadband and doing fup in 3g because of user misuse that form of connection so keep doing it and enjoy fup which is now going to be forever
Stop acting elitist man! This isnt stoneage! so what if people download by the shitloads! Their networks are easily capable of handling more, this is just a parallel of hoarding in food grains, Artificial deficiency helps them earn more with the same client base.

Supra said:
Well all I understand is that these tariffs are to protect the huge base of Tata Photon customers. There are almost 1-2 Lakh corporate connections of Tata Photon+ in Bangalore....so only if Aircel/Reliance responds with good tariff then only will Docomo change its stance...for now I am sure the TTSL guys gave a whip to protect its Photon+ customers.

I dont know how 200GB is fine....I would have taken if they promised full speed upto 21 Mbps 2GB plan at Rs 500. Cmon 1GB costs just Rs 7-10 for TATA guys !
I am sure that Aircel will bring the best offers for unlimited downloads, hope they launch it soon.

^^ Well said.

Its like saying make voice calls @ Rs 5 per minute so that there is no congestion and the so called elitist can make calls without any network busy errors :p

Btw there is no need to fight Reliance ( Mukesh Ambani one) will shake up and whoop everybody's ass :rofl:...they are the real turners of the game who screwed Airtel bigtime with CDMA. Remember DAPO Offer :D...they know how to capture 50% market in 6 months. Bharti wants to sell vegetables(read Retail) and resell their bandwidth to ISP and corporates.

For just the tip of it....1GB of data costs around RS 7-10 for the big ISPs even ones not having their own submarine cables. And ya I saw in some site average spectrum costs come to rs 35-30 per month per user considering telcos get a 3G subscriber base of only 5-10% of 2G base ! That also to recover the investment in 4-5 years. (License is for 20 years)

Its like saying make voice calls @ Rs 5 per minute so that there is no congestion and the so called elitist can make calls without any network busy errors

That analogy is ireelevant Supra..

If the base plans were priced at 2000 a month , perhaps so..

3G plans for a cellphone are meant for usage on mobile devices... and although all of us would have been happier if the price slabs were lower (e.g. 100 for 2GB like as on current Edge plans), I don't see why a 1-2GB cap on the basic plans for a mobile device plan is a huge issue

superczar said:

3G plans for a cellphone are meant for usage on mobile devices... and although all of us would have been happier if the price slabs were lower (e.g. 100 for 2GB like as on current Edge plans), I don't see why a 1-2GB cap on the basic plans for a mobile device plan is a huge issue

yea as what if they offer unlimited at 21mbps for 2000rs a month everyone will go for it and make it work for 24 hrs a day which might make more odd and sad use for someone making video call as network is so stuck due to 24x7 download lol so use the thing which it is ment for.

I think you are right, Mukesh Ambani group will be rolling out the 4G Wimax services very soon, I heard that tests are going on as we speak, maybe this yearend or next year we will have Wimax and be happy. I agree with your other points too but could you clarify the costs calculation parts.
Supra said:
^^ Well said.

Its like saying make voice calls @ Rs 5 per minute so that there is no congestion and the so called elitist can make calls without any network busy errors :p
Btw there is no need to fight Reliance ( Mukesh Ambani one) will shake up and whoop everybody's ass :rofl:...they are the real turners of the game who screwed Airtel bigtime with CDMA. Remember DAPO Offer :D...they know how to capture 50% market in 6 months. Bharti wants to sell vegetables(read Retail) and resell their bandwidth to ISP and corporates.

For just the tip of it....1GB of data costs around RS 7-10 for the big ISPs even ones not having their own submarine cables. And ya I saw in some site average spectrum costs come to rs 35-30 per month per user considering telcos get a 3G subscriber base of only 5-10% of 2G base ! That also to recover the investment in 4-5 years. (License is for 20 years)

My only problem is how do they come out with a cost structure ...5GB for Rs 1000 @ 3.6 Mbps after that 128 kbps ! Rs 650 for 500MB of usage. Cmon if u have 2G plans of rs 95 for 6GB is the 3G delivery so expensive considering the data cost is more or less same. (3G is more spectrum and bandwidth efficient). Is the spectrum cost so much that you can justify Rs 650 for 500MB usage. isn't it daylight robbery ?

And I dunno what you guys use on phone...even my 2G usage on Vodafone Live unlimited plan goes upto 1.5GB or so per month with no tethering at at all (not supported on Vodafone Live anyway)...what I see as good pricing is sometime like 4-5 times the price of current edge GPRS plans. So if I go with 3G I will have to pay almost 1000 bucks on 3G data whereas I am paying 99 bucks now....and with speed being 10-20 times more nw....I am sure I will end up at a figure of 3 GB per month. I would have gone for it if it was like 5-6GB of 3G data at Rs 399 per month. (compared to 99 on current 2G tariffs)

Btw BSNL has added the largest no of GSM customers continuously for the last 3 or so months...I hope they can get their act together more in coming months so that the private operators think twice before forming a 3G high price cartel. I have high hopes only on BSNL and Mukeh Ambani's Reliance BWA

i dont know why people are justifying FUP on any broadband plans (wired or wireless, it does not matter). User is buying bandwidth in UL plan and its his basic right to get it, no matter how many terabytes he is downloading. That much BD should be reserved for that user.

With FUP funda, its like selling same property to multiple people. Justifying tel co's unethical stance is not expected at least on TE.

I have yet to check TD 3G plans but till now with their prices made me fan of theirs. And looking at you guys' replies, i am feeling like we should make a hatred page for docomo 3G on FB just like futurebazaar episode :D to send company msg.

Btw so now as the tariff is out, one cant use recharge of 48/-, 96/- and switch to umts network to get amazing speeds with 2GB, 6GB dl limit? If that is the case, it sucks. I shall better stay back to 2G+ (giving decent speeds)

And I dunno why we compare to US for broadband....why not to Japan , Korea and singapore ? There are some ppl who dont have the time to download much stuff and wants that the price be high but the QOS should be good when they want to stream that 1080p video :rofl:...they curse the 24X7 downloaders u know :p

Supra said:
And I dunno why we compare to US for broadband....why not to Japan , Korea and singapore ? There are some ppl who dont have the time to download much stuff and wants that the price be high but the QOS should be good when they want to stream that 1080p video :rofl:...they curse the 24X7 downloaders u know :p
US is comparable in size to India...Japan, Korea and Singapore are smaller in size and users are concentrated in few areas.

^^ But India has very good mobile density who is the audience for this mobile broadband....anyways good for ppl who are satisfied with Docomo Plans :p

I'd heard (read/one or the other :p) that BSNL was offering 'unlimited' 3G for a fixed amount of 1499/- or thereabouts - does anyone know if it's true and whether it's *real* ? :)

Back