TATA docomo going to launch 3G this diwali

I am getting very confused now, why were 3G auctions hyped so much if they planned to end up users with previous speeds of 128kbits and that too with shitty limits. Is it just the show off of greater speeds?

DIE!

Speed limits on 3G is not a new thing. Operators have been doing that in the US since long. Also, the plans that Tata have announced are as per expectations. 200 bucks for 200 MB Data, 500 for 650 MB! I would have loved if they were around 20-25% cheaper, but considering the price the operators have paid to get the 3G spectrum, these rates were expected.

Pat said:
Speed limits on 3G is not a new thing. Operators have been doing that in the US since long. Also, the plans that Tata have announced are as per expectations. 200 bucks for 200 MB Data, 500 for 650 MB! I would have loved if they were around 20-25% cheaper, but considering the price the operators have paid to get the 3G spectrum, these rates were expected.
What would happen with 20-20% cheaper as long as FUP is there in every plan with ridiculous 128 kbps speed after emptying data buckets of 5GB, 10 GB, 15GB at 1000Rs 1250Rs 1500RS 2000Rs.

but one thing is sure if docomo gave such tariff and i sure airtel will be 20 to 20 % higher then docomo as they have paid way higher fee for 3g lol

lol. i feel like a fool now. i bought a docomo sim yesterday and was going to buy a usb modem today. seems its best to throw away the sim or let it expire without recharging it.

atleast i saved money by not buying a modem. back to plain and cheap adsl landline then. :lol:

maybe its our fault for expecting too much from our indian companies in the first place. :|

No plan to make a kill for. I had better expectations from DoCoMo but considering the amount of money paid to get the spectrum; I dont think private operators can match BSNL/MTNL. Maybe in a year or two they can bring prices down. Not much to expect from any other operators as DoCoMo had the best GPRS plan in India ( If I'm not mistaken-98/= for 6 Gbs )

Other operators should place their price bands slightly above DoCoMo.

The most ironical part was 128 kbps part. WTF !!! Thats way too low for a 3G connection. Maybe they can spruce up the lower end to make some sense out of otherwise not so special plans.

I, for one, don't mind FUP on 3G plans! It is supposed to be a mobile connection FFS and not to download HD/blueray rips through torrents! I would rather get good speeds on capped plans rather than poor speeds because some chaps are choking the bandwidth by dowloading tons of data!

i had higher expectation frm docomo..but never thought it would end up like this.. btw when r they going to announce the tariff details on their website??

superczar said:
The plans look good to me at least.

250/- for 500MB is adequate for cellphone usage which is what 3g is meant for anyway
But you see 3G was always promoted gives faster access so that people can access rich multimedia features and download at blazing speeds on their mobiles but with data volume capped, all this is something that people wont be able to enjoy.

superczar said:

250/- for 500MB is adequate for cellphone usage which is what 3g is meant for anyway
Seriously, will that be enough. With such blazing speeds will usage on cellphone be limited to normal browsing, checking mail and etc. And no video or audio streaming at all?

Its not adequate by a long mile for me.

Well all I understand is that these tariffs are to protect the huge base of Tata Photon customers. There are almost 1-2 Lakh corporate connections of Tata Photon+ in Bangalore....so only if Aircel/Reliance responds with good tariff then only will Docomo change its stance...for now I am sure the TTSL guys gave a whip to protect its Photon+ customers.

I dont know how 200GB is fine....I would have taken if they promised full speed upto 21 Mbps 2GB plan at Rs 500. Cmon 1GB costs just Rs 7-10 for TATA guys !

superczar said:

LOL Just my monthly twitter use on gravity will exceed that!!

On 3g It'l be finished before u know it, experience those speeds, once you hit the button things download in a jiffy, your limit exhausts very quickly!

Pat said:
I, for one, don't mind FUP on 3G plans! It is supposed to be a mobile connection FFS and not to download HD/blueray rips through torrents! I would rather get good speeds on capped plans rather than poor speeds because some chaps are choking the bandwidth by dowloading tons of data!
100% agree with you this fup started because of such misuse. so now everywhere the funda started because as soon as we think of interent we only do one this download bd rips and bla bla

Back