Suggestions for good anime/manga

Yeah watching it too, seems decent so far

This season picked up - Kurukos Basket, Accel World , Polar Bear Cafe, Eureka 7 Ao

OT: Just read the manga Yotsubato and it's bloody brilliant. Have never been a fan of slice of life genre, but loved this one.

http://myanimelist.n...anga.php?id=104

Highly recommended !!!

PS: Just now ordered the manga off amazon on a whim
ohyeah.gif

So, Magi is easily the best anime of the current season. Reminds me of stuff like Fate/Zero and FMA:Brotherhood but in a lighter setting. Its kinda deceptively generic and yet surprising and unique at the same time.

I don't know if I am late to post but for the guys who do not know "Attack On Titan" is the anime you should not miss at all, currently 10 episodes have been aired and all are awesome.

Been through 153 episodes of DragonBall and gotta say it is so much better than DragonBall Z.
The series had a ton of slap stick humor and a lot of action. The best thing about the fights were that characters didn't go on powering up for episodes and then make just 1 move (Piccolo Junior is a bit guilty for doing that but nothing compared to the torture in Z).

There were a lot of moves that I wish Piccolo Junior and Tien had retained in 'Z'. Did Tien use 4 arms in 'Z'?

Why do a lot of people call Yamcha as bada$$ and Krillin as the guy who always gets pwned? Sure Krillin lost to Baba's Vampire Kick Boxer but apart from that he really did well.

Krillin was not very helpful in DragonBall but was more than useful in 'Z'. Yamcha was useless in both.

If anyone deserves to be called a bada$$ apart from Goku then that guy is Tien.

I have 'Z' seen upto the point were Future Trunks buffs up and Vegeta get's creamed by Cell. Will continue from there. I will skip GT for obvious reasons.

I don't know if I am late to post but for the guys who do not know "Attack On Titan" is the anime you should not miss at all, currently 10 episodes have been aired and all are awesome.
What a warped out storyline for an anime

...and i'm thoroughly enjoying it!!! :woot:

The manga is even more brutal and awesome.

... and Magi gets better and better. Anyone who likes anime needs to check this out.

I am upto date with its manga. How does the anime compare to it??

Currently only following selective animes as have been more into manga for the past few years.

Any good new anime from this year ?

I've not read the manga but from what I've read in myanimelist forums, the last couple of eps deviate from the manga a bit. A second season is also planned for next year and I really enjoyed the show throughout.

The manga is even more brutal and awesome.

Currently only following selective animes as have been more into manga for the past few years.

Any good new anime from this year ?
Attack on Titan - I felt the pace of intial episodes was a bit too quick for the manga. They might just catch up/provide false ending to the anime for the sake of it.

Magi - They have progressed too far too quickly for the manga, hence now episodes need to have fillers.
@prabs - I am not sure if you have seen the new re-edited Z. Gawd, even that is painful to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back