Suggest options to earn online while working from home

filmguy

Disciple
Nov 13, 2009
i tried the quiz & got only 2/5 :(

it flashed that since i needed 4/5 they couldnt approve my account but i confirmed my email address & am able to login with that email id. as well as able to click on the 'submit article' link & get the submission form. so will they accept an article from that account or will i have to try re-registering with another email?

Reactions: Arun07

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
A one based on basic grammar. You just need to pay attention to those questions rather than rack your brains and you'll get through!

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Nov 3, 2010
Skynet
@blkrb0t How's it going for you on Constant Content? Made any sales?
No, they kicked me out :)

This was their reply after one of my article was submitted:
==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

We do not accept content with grammar errors, capitalization errors, or other errors. Your submissions do not meet our requirements. Your account has been suspended. We will consider no more of your work.

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

Please take this information into consideration for future submissions. In addition, Submission Guidelines should be followed to avoid repeated rejections:

It was the first review of that article and I was totally dejected after that; I had 6 other articles accepted there already. I sent them an email to look into the suspension and reconsider it, but no replay from their side as of yet. I talked to one of the members in the forums over there and he said that account suspensions are fairly common with CC these days as they just want to have a certain "flavour" of writers in their pool. Their site, their rules; fair enough. I guess I should have stuck to "how-to" and "top X" articles.

I'm writing for an Indian technology blog since a year now, but they're just a start-up and the pay is not much to talk about. Still on the hunt for the best way to earn by freelance writing.

Last edited by a moderator:

ubergeek

Skilled
Jul 10, 2007
Finally signed up as a writer at the site. So now i'm off to churn out some articles,Before i do that that i have few questions.
Can some on please suggest me some good books or site to improve grammar, punctuation?
Before submitting an article i want to make sure it is Perfect.
Anyone care to suggest a topic on which i should base my first article on?.

I'am thinking about writing an article on loosing weight.

mrnikhilsudo

Disciple
Jan 4, 2011
Finally signed up as a writer at the site. So now i'm off to churn out some articles,Before i do that that i have few questions.
Can some on please suggest me some good books or site to improve grammar, punctuation?
Before submitting an article i want to make sure it is Perfect.
Anyone care to suggest a topic on which i should base my first article on?.

I'am thinking about writing an article on loosing weight.

Your first error: "loosing" weight. Its "losing".

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
I'm looking forward to submit my first write-up on that website in a couple of days. Signed-up with them a while ago but haven't used the account since then.
Let's see how things pan out!

mrnikhilsudo

Disciple
Jan 4, 2011
Haha, yeah, that's a common mistake.

Also, "Its" is a possessive pronoun; the contraction you're looking for is "It's". Maybe it's a typo from your side? (no pun intended :D)
Yes indeed, it is a typo. I often ignore the apostrophe while swiping on my phone.

kvikram

Skilled
Nov 16, 2010
@blkrb0t Oh man that's sad. :( I can't imagine what would have led them to suspend your account, especially after six articles of yours had been accepted already.

Do keep us informed though if you find any more writing opportunities. :) The web is huge and vast and needs more and more content every day - I'm sure you'll strike gold somewhere.

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
@blkrb0t Oh man that's sad. :( I can't imagine what would have led them to suspend your account, especially after six articles of yours had been accepted already.

Do keep us informed though if you find any more writing opportunities. :) The web is huge and vast and needs more and more content every day - I'm sure you'll strike gold somewhere.

Whoa! Did I read that right or what?

Can they actually do that? I mean accept your first six articles before rejecting the seventh and subsequently suspending the account in question. That's way too harsh!

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Nov 3, 2010
Skynet
Whoa! Did I read that right or what?

Can they actually do that? I mean accept your first six articles before rejecting the seventh and subsequently suspending the account in question. That's way too harsh!
Yep, they did that. It's fairly common with then. If you don't fit into their "flavour" of writers, you will be kicked out. No chances given or questions answered; direct suspension.

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
Yep, they did that. It's fairly common with then. If you don't fit into their "flavour" of writers, you will be kicked out. No chances given or questions answered; direct suspension.

:(

And what in case any of your earlier accepted articles get picked up by a buyer?
And exactly what type of articles/writers fall in-line with their "flavour"?

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Nov 3, 2010
Skynet
:(

And what in case any of your earlier accepted articles get picked up by a buyer?
And exactly what type of articles/writers fall in-line with their "flavour"?
All the accepted articles are removed from the system after suspension. If they've been bought before suspension, you'll be paid what you're owed, but the articles won't be up for sale again.

The "flavour" is hard to judge. Just take a look around the site and see the kind of articles that are selling. More than the topic though, the way you write and present your article decides whether they keep you in their pool or not.

It's a great site, but not for everyone.