Suggest 32" LCD TV for around 35k

^^
diffrence is

550 = 3 hdmi port at back + 1 side

& USB port which can be use mounting FAT/FAT32 drive for viewing Picture/playback of mp3 as well as mounting Camera/card reader, but no movie playback as the manual said.

530 = 2 hdmi port at back + 1 side

Where 530 have a usb for only TV software update.

^^^
Googled it, but can't find any solid solution, ppl from AV forum flashing there TV's with different country/regions model to get DLNA stuff.

dissel said:
^^
diffrence is

550 = 3 hdmi port at back + 1 side

& USB port which can be use mounting FAT/FAT32 drive for viewing Picture/playback of mp3 as well as mounting Camera/card reader, but no movie playback as the manual said.

530 = 2 hdmi port at back + 1 side

Where 530 have a usb for only TV software update.

Even 530 can play mp3 and display images from usb drive.

has anybody seen the picture quality of C550 or C650 (2010 models) from Samsung? I haven't had a chance yet. I am getting some special discounted price through a friend of mine in Blore. Not sure whats the market price on these models. If anyone has recently visited some Samsung showrooms, can you please confirm if these are good deals?

32/40c550 - 35280/51240

32/40c650 - 42840/60480

Are C Series got released ?

I booked B550 in 4th April,but my dealer telling me B-Series is old, and keep me waiting for C, If he can't deliver product in the middle of the may,I cancel my order.

So any source...there is no sign in the website.

Samsung C-Series 5 and 6 series appear in the website :) :) , still at the point of posting no MRP there.

In 5 series they still continue 37" inch model, earlier I heard it will discontinue,

There are 4 model from 550 series 32,37,40,46 and 3 model from 650 series 32,40,46.

here is the page... LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG

My dealer is accurate, he told me to wait upto 11th, and he will come up with news.

^Finally Samsung has managed to feature the newer C5Xx series on the web! Thanks for the input.

Waiting for the pricing. :p

Got quote from the dealer in next day, LA40C550J1R is 58k incl all. As I already paid 5k,I need to cough up 53k, No Sun HD or nothing....only Wall Mounting free from Samsung.

Optical Out, .mkv file playback from USB confirmed by dealer personally.

Thanks to Optical Out, I can get a boom-box (Z-5500) later and hook with it easily.

@dissel: If it can play .mkv directly form usb, then it is perhaps a first and the most amazing capability of a TV. :clap: BTW, can it also play the other formats such as mpeg1/2/4, WMV9, mov ( Mpeg4, h.264) mts, Tps, ts etc.?

^^ thats a nice addition, when I bought my sammy LA40B530, I expected videoplayback when they said USB support.. not to be.. then again I thought I could hook up an external HDD :D

Dil will always mange more...

vicks_virgo said:
@dissel: If it can play .mkv directly form usb, then it is perhaps a first and the most amazing capability of a TV. :clap: BTW, can it also play the other formats such as mpeg1/2/4, WMV9, mov ( Mpeg4, h.264) mts, Tps, ts etc.?

Yes, It can play .mkv but it can't replace standalone player like Xtreamer,Playon,WDTV....etc etc. There is no .mov or .mts support.

lets manual talk it self,

After 1.5month of waiting,

My set was deliver at Friday,

Here is the box

Model No:-

Back Panel:-

Side Panel:-

3Kg Stand During Mounting:-

What is in the Box:-

First Boot up Plug'n'Play wizard running:-

TE Forum On It:-

Media Play Screen:-

Playing .mkv (BBC Life) on it from Seagate FreeAgent Go(320GB):-

Black/Blue Color:-

More Sample of Colors:-

All above picture is Set to Standerd Mode...No Enhanchment settings applied

Cable is total BS in this set, after 15-min I disconnected, At present I don't have DTH so can't comment on this,
Currently using as monitor and found the TV have the same function as my 17†Samsung LCD monitor have. There is E.Saving feature which is the same is Samung's One Touch "Magic Tune/Bright" Black-light control feature. So I can use it by sitting less than 4-feet. My Ubuntu D'Load Box connected by VGA cable and Win7 Box was connected by HDMI port using simultaneously. TV Speaker is Good when using S.Mode:- Music,Clear Voice (suitable for News) & Amplify. Don't except any thump from the TV.

About Back panel:-
There is no RCA output Jack (Red,White) for Sound Only 3.5mm out, Those who have Older AV receiver only support RCA input must use 3.5mm to RCA converter cable. Optical out is Available.
AV1 have common video port for Composite Input (Red,White,Yellow) sharing with Component Input 1 (Green,Blue,Red).Green port circled by Yellow and this is not an inconvenience.

@dissel: First of all, MANY CONGRATULATIONs to you man on your great buy. In your earlier post, you had said that you got a quote of Rs. 58000 on this TV, so, what were the final damages? This LCD does a damn good job when it comes to full HD content through USB. So what if it does not support .mov or .mts formats. IMO you have saved yourself 6K-7K Rs by going for this TV as you don't need a digital media player. Please do come up with an elaborate review of this TV and put some light on its other features. KUDOS.

vicks_virgo said:
@dissel: First of all, MANY CONGRATULATIONs to you man on your great buy. In your earlier post, you had said that you got a quote of Rs. 58000 on this TV, so, what were the final damages? This LCD does a damn good job when it comes to full HD content through USB. So what if it does not support .mov or .mts formats. IMO you have saved yourself 6K-7K Rs by going for this TV as you don't need a digital media player. Please do come up with an elaborate review of this TV and put some light on its other features. KUDOS.

Thanks for your word.... :)

Yeah the set cost 58k incl all, There nothing else. Wall-Mounting came free with it (From Samsung). Wall mounting is the fixed one(Can't access back panel when it is in the wall,so u need to insert necessary cable before mount), No forward-backward one.

Dealer is over-whelmed about the purchase As he regularly sold 26" model so he offered me free Dish TV (Hardware+Installation Only) from himself (DTH dealer also) and a Wrist Watch (which he will collect from the upper channel) in the next week. Thats it no more goodies...

I rejected the Dish offer and asked to change it T.Sky/D2H/ADTV but he replied it can't possible. So now I decided to wait till Sept when every DTH player have HD option.

Desecrator said:
Congrats man! Thats a good buy indeed. :)

Thanks.....

I want to thank all those experienced TE members who recommended again 'n' again that Samsung 5 Series is the most VFM (in current time) series in terms of performance and price and they also mentioned 'wait for C' in many posts. I didn't start any thread about my purchase but read each and every single running discussion very carefully and took the advantage.

And choosing Samsung as the brand, coz I use 2 CRT (2001) & 1 LCD (2006) monitor by myself and they are all running perfectly still this time of writing.
(Not a fanboy, I'v nightmare with Sammy's optical drives).
vicks_virgo said:
Please do come up with an elaborate review of this TV and put some light on its other features. KUDOS.

let's try though I'm not good at it.

If I'm not mistaken, Here in TE I am the 1st owner of the Indian C series TV, after "hector19" who bought from Singapore.

Anyhow I found in the TV,

Power cable comes with special L-shaped cable which is exactly the same as Computer Desktop (SMPS) cable. Giving L-Shaped cables means there is no conflict when the TV is wall mounted, So if u lost it anyhow or damage u have heard time find this type of cable where the regular straight one is available in any PC Hardware shop. This problem can be rectified by slightly recessed the power port. I don't know other LCD have the same or not ?

The remote is very well thoughtout by design.Every important feature that u use after familiar with remote just one touch ahead. You never feel/need to dig out the main menu system to search regular most often feature.
Though still they can't assign every feature for a separate key,so they put a Tools key by pressing this it will pop-up sub menu in the right corner where the only those option visible for that sub-sequent mode and it will change which mode the user is in.There is TV & Source key, By pressing user can directly jump the TV Tuner Mode/ Select the Source List no matter where they are. HDMI Key also do directly select the all active HDMI sources which is Guide Key in the Singapore version (Guide is nothing but EPG).

There is Energy Saving Mode which is not available in B-Series (correct me),I think. This is really handy in using as monitor as I wrote earlier my post.
This not the same as the picture mode (standard,movie,dynamic) which is used to tweak picture color where this control back-light amount in one touch (Off,Auto,Low,Medium,High,Picture Off). In Picture Off mode the display is off but TV Speaker is active, Very useful for a long music session if you use the TV-Speaker and no other option around.

This are not the unique feature in the TV, but I liked, so I mentioned.

About the Media Play:-

In the remote Last 2 Row have Pause,Forward,Record(this is the only unused key in the whole remote),Play,Stop for playing Media from USB as well as Samsung AnyNet function.

In the Side panel 2 USB port as USB1 and 2, for HDD's u must use the second one. My 320GB "FreeAgent Go" detect within a sec with 250gb mixed data on it. Inserting USB stick/HDD will automatic pop-up no matter where u are....Asking Firmware update or Media play ?

Media play screen have 3 option Movie,Music,Picture and settings. If u click Music U can't view any thing other than music files, If selected folder contained other 2 type of media or vice versa. At first time of use this gave me a scary shake.

Video playback (Still now only played .mkv :) ) can be forward/back by 3x speed,If u left the movie in the middle it can be resume from last time by using color coded Blue D key.
After pausing the video it need to be resume by pressing play button instead of pause key, this is irritating. To quit the playback need to use Stop Key then it will put you to containing folder,from there on need to press 'Upper Folder' to go to the Root Folder of The Drive(depend on the folder structure of the drive). If u press Exit it will Land you Media Play screen. These are small niggles, but experiencing after 1/2 day most are not bothered.

After 17" LCD Monitor and 25" CRT TV (still it continue the cable) this is visual treat for me...some kind of WOW effect :) :).

These days playing Tom Hank's "The Pacific" (HBO miniseries) in 720p...and yes feeling WOW 40" behemoth.

I knew i should have gone for Samsung 32 instead of LG 32 Jazz that i got.

Spoilt milk i should say..

Lg would never ask for firmware upgrade when inserting Pen drive.

Forget i havent been able to access Service menu all this months no matter how much fiddling or googling. Can't play HD files via usb in LG. :mad:

Best luck and really Value for money deal there in 5 Series.

Now, I think I am seriously interested in this TV as I am deeply impressed with its performance. Anyone having an idea regarding its Best Price in Delhi? I think I will buy me one around this DIWALI :eek:hyeah: (Though I cannot wait for that long :(). Might change my plans (I mean prepone the buy :p) if I get an amazing deal.

congrats dissel.

@others
Ebay as some good deals on sony lcd one can get a 40" BX400 for 41k,making it the cheapest FHD lcd tv one can buy in indian soil.

Back