Starcraft II - Discussion Thread

Re: Hot Starcraft II is Frying Graphics Cards - Blizzard Issues Temporary Fix

saumilsingh said:
^ Try playing Titan Quest on a modern GPU without v-sync, it will raise your GPU temperatures atleast 15C over what other games heat it to.

It's not a case of the game being too demanding or the hardware being glitchy. It's the game's fault for trying to draw an unrealistic number of frames per second.
And the reason that scenes with less detail actually aggravate the issue is because those scenes are less strenuous on your GPU resulting in the unhindered drawing of those high frames per second.

Even a simple 3D cube can fry your GPU if you let it render at 1000fps.
Yupp...well said.....

I played the whole game and my GPU seems fine... i even left it on the menu screen for 9-10 hours while i was at work... i also read tht this only happens in the case of cases with bad airflow :p

leviathan said:
Yupp...well said.....
Oh. So do all games have a cap set, and this one does not.?

No matter how many frames the game draws, even if it is a flaw in the game, isn't the GPU supposed to shut itself down when it reaches a certain threshold? Also, how is this any more demanding than running furmark, or for that matter any game which uses GPU almost a 100% like Crysis?

Infected said:
...imagine gaming companies adding this to their Required Specs to play.
th_Suicide.gif

Maybe we should using starcraft 2 as the replacement for Furmark for GPU stressing! :)

Re: Starcraft 2 India Release?

Does anyone know how to buy the North American version of SC2 ?

I have an american debit card but whenever I try to buy digital download (NA) it I get "an error has occurred processing your request".

I sent an email to blizzard and they told me (amongst other reasons):
"Any credit card used must be from within the supported North American region (the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia or Thailand). Any credit card with a billing address residing outside of this region will be rejected from our system, regardless of your current geographical location. In addition, the billing address of the credit card should match that of the World of Warcraft account."

I actually only recently changed the billing address on my card to my Indian address.

Is there any way whatsoever to get the north american SC2 in India ? Also btw I live in Kolkata.

I was lurking around in Battle.net, sadly looking at the price tag, when I got this

Startcraft.jpg

Does this mean it is heading this way in retail, or a cruel joke by Blizzard ??

no, game region warning is just telling you that you are trying to select a region (north america) that does not match what they believe is the best region for your geographical region.

I am interested in the Startcraft II retail package. Also, I own almost all retail packages of Blizzard, except the WOW series. Any idea about when the retail package is gonna launch in India?

I'm on the NA servers; the lag doesn't really seem to be an issue like it is in, say, WoW or an fps. No idea about SEA servers since I haven't played on them.

spindoctor said:
sea customers can now play with na players as well. na has a whole bunch of more popular custom games.
Wat about the ping/lag? Is it better or worse than the SEA server?

both are kinda the same for me. im on reliance 2mbps from bombay. you'll meet only terran players on us server though. sea ull at least bump into the occassional zerg and protoss. T_T

No need of wasting money on SEA version. You wouldn't get many users on SEA server. I bought digital version of Starcraft 2 (North America version) for 60$ (2650 Rs) from website using a credit card with US billing address. If anyone doesn't have a US credit card, I can help you guys. I will charge you only 2800 Rs (cheaper than eBay) - my profit 150Rs.

Back