Starcraft II - Discussion Thread

Re: Starcraft 2 India Release?

wait for a month or so and buy keys later, i bought frozen throne for 300 rupees around 4 yrs back.. still valid!

Re: Starcraft 2 set to release on July 27th

Damn, no India relase for the retail DVD still. :( Looks like have to go the Digital DL way. :|

So guys, anyone with initial impressions about the game? Blizzard has placed a review embargo so there are no reviews to be found :(

Its sad this isn't releasing here, the Rs. 999 version are always better than their 50$ / 60$ counterparts!

OMFG just got the digital version of this game. IT IS TRULY EPIC! for any PC gamer out there with even a slight interest in the RTS genre, this game CANNOT be missed. the SP is storytelling at its absolute best! You truly feel for Jim Raynor as the game progresses. I still havent finished SP yet obviously, but there seems to be replayability with the single player because of the choices you make with the tech tree and the consequences of your side missions, as well as your options to hire different mercenaries for missions. EDIT: also the achievement system will get pple to play it again (for those who are into achievements) on harder modes as well as several different unique achievements which seem to be pretty hard to get even on normal difficulty.

I still need to dip my toes into the multiplayer, which is where Starcraft truly shines. Blizzard has truly lived up to its name once again. just.... Wow!

PS - I'm guessing that the SEA version is 950 rs more expensive than its US counterpart(2750 vs 3700 i got charged with HDFC) because in a month's time or so, SEA users will be able to play on US servers too. I'd suggest people looking to buy this game to go for the SEA version, definitely.

This game is officially marks the end of my spare time, for a couple of months at least.

How engaging/coherent is the storyline if I start playing SC2 without any idea about what happened in SC1 whatsoever?

^The installer itself has the complete story in a sort of a movie narration :p So yes you will get it :)

hyperknight said:
because in a month's time or so, SEA users will be able to play on US servers too. I'd suggest people looking to buy this game to go for the SEA version, definitely.
blizzard have said it will happen within 60 days, but i'd wager it will take longer than that.

Thinking of buying this. What do u guys suggest, go for the US or SEA version? Coz i may play multiplayer and could be in US for some spells.

Grrr. This is all so confusing!!!!

Get the SEA version. Playing on SEA servers when in India, and US servers when ur there. Just buy this game. Apparently, this morning I was wandering around my house and saying "KEKEKEKE" to birds outside my window. That is how addictive this game is. lol

PhOeNiX said:
^The installer itself has the complete story in a sort of a movie narration :p So yes you will get it :)
Thanks for the info dude. I was thing about the same thing. Now that you've cleared my doubt i'll directly get SC2.

blame activision... they're greedy pricks who somehow think that poor countries can afford to pay the same prices that the western countries do.

Alias said:
Thinking of buying this. What do u guys suggest, go for the US or SEA version? Coz i may play multiplayer and could be in US for some spells.

Grrr. This is all so confusing!!!!
get the sea version if you are interested in mp at all. us version is only good to save money if you have no interest in the mp side of things.

and yea, i agree, this region locking is way too confusing... much more than it ever needed to be.

spindoctor said:
get the sea version if you are interested in mp at all. us version is only good to save money if you have no interest in the mp side of things.

and yea, i agree, this region locking is way too confusing... much more than it ever needed to be.

As per my understanding, with US version, since disk key might have tied up with US region servers you may login and play in US servers. Being US servers, the ping rate might be high from here which might result in poor gaming experience. Will wait for price drop in SEA servers before I buy this game.

The only RTS game i really loved was AoE II, so i dunno, but do PINGS really matter in online RTS games? I dunno if they should, but i'm unaware so can someone tell?

Aman27deep said:
The only RTS game i really loved was AoE II, so i dunno, but do PINGS really matter in online RTS games? I dunno if they should, but i'm unaware so can someone tell?
hell yeah. every single second that lags counts towards your performance. your units are made 1 second later than they should, units start moving 1 second later. it all adds up to you getting pwned. micromanagement of units wins you battles, if not the game i.e- pulling units with low health out of combat in the middle of an intense battle, so that you don't lose the unit, instead just heal it and get it back to the action etc. with bad lag, you can be rest assured that ur units not gonna move in time out of the battle and you will lose the unit.

plus, the battle.net multiplayer of this game is quite brutal. Starcraft 1 has dedicated TV channels showing pro-gamers playing each other live till today (12 years after the game's release) so you can understand the fact that people consider this game almost like a religion. It is the ultimate competitive RTS game. although that doesn't mean new players will get slaughtered every single time. the first time you start online multiplayer you have to play a 5 match seeding session, where the matchmaking system determines your skill level and then matches u up with people with similar skill. There has not been an RTS game with the balanced out and ultra competitive multiplayer gameplay of this caliber since Warcraft 3.

Back