Starcraft II - Discussion Thread

jojothedragon said:
Around 12-14 hrs on normal difficulty
Thank you for the quick response jojo! I think I'll begin this one today then. For an RTS title, that looks ridiculously low!

Waiting for the wireless receiver for the X360 controller to be shipped - will begin Alice: Madness Returns later when it arrives. :p

As much as I loved the first Starcraft game I think I'll wait till all three [strike]episodes[/strike] games come out as a collection to purchase this, especially since we have to pay $$$ to buy it.

Holy crap, this game's fcuking brilliant and darn addictive! Fearing the shitty GPU burning issues, I refrained from playing it all the while but I regret doing that now. :(

Began the SP campaign few hours back and completed 7 out of the 26 odd missions in a single god damn sitting! Honestly speaking, I don't recall much from the first title other than Jim and Sarah - it has been a really long time! Anyhow, each mission seems to be vastly different from one another in terms of the objectives and the type of unique units being rewarded.

I think my weekend is SET! :eek:hyeah:

Gannu said:
Holy crap, this game's fcuking brilliant and darn addictive! Fearing the shitty GPU burning issues, I refrained from playing it all the while but I regret doing that now. :(

Began the SP campaign few hours back and completed 7 out of the 26 odd missions in a single god damn sitting! Honestly speaking, I don't recall much from the first title other than Jim and Sarah - it has been a really long time! Anyhow, each mission seems to be vastly different from one another in terms of the objectives and the type of unique units being rewarded.

I think my weekend is SET! :eek:hyeah:

wasn't the Overheating bug patched up in latest updates to game and Catalyst?

also the bug is not prevalent while gaming, but only when you are in the menu screen (2d mode in game)

funkysourav said:
wasn't the Overheating bug patched up in latest updates to game and Catalyst?

also the bug is not prevalent while gaming, but only when you are in the menu screen (2d mode in game)
Yup I read up on that a bit and the overheating was attributed to the extremely high frame rates during the menu screen which results in the overheating of the GPU. The recent patches resolved it anyhow. :)

Gannu said:
Yup I read up on that a bit and the overheating was attributed to the extremely high frame rates during the menu screen which results in the overheating of the GPU. The recent patches resolved it anyhow. :)

what SC II patch and Catalyst version are you on Gannu?

also what temps are you experiencing at absolute max for both Proccy and GPU?

^1.3.4 and I suppose 11.5.

Haven't bothered with checking the temperatures TBH. Fired up the game and continued playing it for the next 3 hours. :ashamed:

Nearing the verge of completion of the title - 3 more missions to go and I could predict the outcome already! And I guess ardent fans of Starcraft series would know how addictive this game is. The storyline is one of the best I've come across in an RTS title by far. The voice acting, the pre-rendered cinematics, the new briefing system, the upgrade system, the presentation - I think Blizzard has got everything right in the game. And we've got 2 expansion packs coming up for the other campaigns! :D

The Protoss mini-campaign depicting the flashback of Zeratul's actions was awesome! It was a welcome change from the Terran campaign using the Protoss forces and their units. :p

Dr. Ariel Hanson looked :cupidon:

^^The last level is just crazy man!!...I found it a little hard so I was glued to my PC for hours till I finally completed it.I'm not too much of an RTS player but this game is by far the best I've played.
Can't wait to see how the Zerg are gonna make a comeback now that Char is destroyed.And I think Kerrigan is gonna steal the show from Hanson now that she's human again:D

Aman27deep said:
I completed the game but I've forgot the story already :(
Bugger, don't you have enough backlogs already? :p

Just read up on Wikia about the story. I forgot what the first game, then the expansion Broodwar was all about and read it up on Wikia and understood parts of it. :ashamed:

Gannu said:
Bugger, don't you have enough backlogs already? :p

Just read up on Wikia about the story. I forgot what the first game, then the expansion Broodwar was all about and read it up on Wikia and understood parts of it. :ashamed:
Lol yeah i do, my backlog might be bigger than an elephant (sad joke), but SC II's gameplay was AWESOME, i atleast remember that!

Wiki it is.

Completed the game a while back. The ending was totally epic. Surprisingly the last mission seemed to be a bit easier and lasted barely half an hour, which I suppose is what it takes for the artifact to recharge! Anyhow, clocked 10 hours and 7 minutes on normal difficulty (slightly shorter campaign length for an RTS title? I think LOTR:BFME/BFME II took me at least 20+ hours for completion)and this game gets my personal recommendation for any gamer who loves the RTS genre. It is certainly a pity, I played it a lot later but as they say, better late than never! :)

I chose to play the mission 'Shatter the Sky' prior to the concluding one and got rid of the all the air support units from the Zerg! Tychus got what he deserved. Once a convict - always a convict! I knew this bugger was upto something towards the end after that argument and fight at the cantina.

A 9.5/10 from my end. The lack of LAN play is certainly disappointing for an RTS title but otherwise this is an awesome package! Eagerly waiting for the expansion - Heart of the Swarm. :D

Back