[Spoilers] Game of Thrones (ASOIAF) thread

S04E09 - Most boring episode,i thought some main characters gonna die but disappointment.
Look at all the seasons E09,
S01E09 - Ned Stark
S02E09 - Epic Battle
S03E09 - Red Wedding
S04E09 - mehhh....
Did we watch the same episode?

This was clearly one of the best episodes. One of those rare events that even book readers would enjoy watching. The action choreography along with the cinematography was splendid. One could really feel the chaos of the action going on. It easily rivals Blackwater episode (S02E09) in its scale and scope. No wonder they chose the same director to film this episode too.

I expected them to rush through this battle and finish with as many surprises as possible. I was quite surprised for them to have taken this long and detailed route.

If they are going to show all the main plot elements of the third book in this season itself, then the finale will have at least 3 major reveals. They are going to end with a blast. They have 66 minutes to do all of that; hope they deliver.

Last edited:
S04E09 - Most boring episode,i thought some main characters gonna die but disappointment.
Look at all the seasons E09,
S01E09 - Ned Stark
S02E09 - Epic Battle
S03E09 - Red Wedding
S04E09 - mehhh....
This is an epic battle and its not over yet. This is a major turning point.
This was in no way a boring episode.....and killing a good character in every episode is not funny. Okay.
What were you thinking...getting John killed ??

Don't worry much about it. You will know what it means after the finale.

Waiting eagerly to know more!

This was in no way a boring episode.....and killing a good character in every episode is not funny. Okay.

Not really a major character but I did wish to see more of it.
Too bad it had to be killed off!

Did we watch the same episode?

This was clearly one of the best episodes. One of those rare events that even book readers would enjoy watching. The action choreography along with the cinematography was splendid. One could really feel the chaos of the action going on. It easily rivals Blackwater episode (S02E09) in its scale and scope. No wonder they chose the same director to film this episode too.

I expected them to rush through this battle and finish with as many surprises as possible. I was quite surprised for them to have taken this long and detailed route.

If they are going to show all the main plot elements of the third book in this season itself, then the finale will have at least 3 major reveals. They are going to end with a blast. They have 66 minutes to do all of that; hope they deliver.

+1 to this and the best part of it is they dint really compromise on the length and extent of the fight. Besides, I was longing for more and I found myself losing an hr without even noticing that the war actually lasted a full episode.

Congo to the well hatched out plan of putting lannisters to the finale (the hype created so far is worth the wait)

By the way the story has been evolving, I thought its the last episode that we see John Snow. But the kid (infact Sam) turned it around.
The best scene of the entire episode is
that arrow from the troll that pierced the guy throwing him right into the middle of castle black fight :p

Many character
^^They're giants, not trolls :D

Have you seen this?

Episode 10 spoiler
xLwd1su.jpg

I don't want to see Brienne vs The Hound. :(

Oh boy !!
What an episode. In my opinion S04E10 is the best episode by far. So many things happened in a single hour. Even though I have read the book, this took me away.

The episode was pretty intense. Aptly named The Children. The next generation are taking the charge now. Right from Stannis' arrival to Arya's departure I was at the edge of my seat.

They left one thing out though. I was waiting for a Marvel like after-credits ending, but I guess they'll pick it up next season.

With Tywins death, lannisters are reduced to perishable numbers and I am hoping for their extinction soon (while the Imp should survive all odds). Arya Starc has a long way to go. What led Stannis to the wall is something I'm unsure of. Did I miss anything or was the intention never clear?

With Tywins death, lannisters are reduced to perishable numbers and I am hoping for their extinction soon (while the Imp should survive all odds). Arya Starc has a long way to go. What led Stannis to the wall is something I'm unsure of. Did I miss anything or was the intention never clear?

His real battle as a follower of the Lord of Light was to fight the Lord of Dark and his followers (others). Melisandre explicitly makes it clear at the end of the last season (S03E10) that he needs to go North to fight the growing power there.

His real battle as a follower of the Lord of Light was to fight the Lord of Dark and his followers (others). Melisandre explicitly makes it clear at the end of the last season (S03E10) that he needs to go North to fight the growing power there.
Thanks for the clarification :)

Back