[Spoilers] Game of Thrones (ASOIAF) thread

His real battle as a follower of the Lord of Light was to fight the Lord of Dark and his followers (others). Melisandre explicitly makes it clear at the end of the last season (S03E10) that he needs to go North to fight the growing power there.
More than Melisandre it is Ser Davos who urged Stannis to go North. The Nights Watch sent letters to all the claimants of the Iron Throne, and Davos thinks that only a true king will heed their call and protect the Seven Kingdoms. Melisandre's revelation only comes later, though it very much confirms where Stannis would be heading.

S04E10 - Awesome,best episode of the whole series,covered almost all the characters esp Stannis the Mannis....superb.
But i am finding Deanerys part little bit boring,sitting there and doing nothing.
Very excited about next season.

Guys still quite haven't figured out the meaning of that stone heart pic shared by Lena Heady!
Am I reading too much into it meaning was it just a metaphor?

I really liked the very last scene of this episode. I think season 5 is going to be my favorite after the 1st. Arya's plot will get more focused and more interesting. I'm curious about Bran and Tyrion's plot too. And thankfully Kings Landing will get less time .

Damn it now,i gotta wait till April 2015 for the next season . Why dont they do it in Fall . This last episode ended on a high note for me unlike the finale of previous seasons. There will be new friendships in the next season,Kings Landing will have a major turmoil and people die when you dont expect them to. This is the best and the worst part of GOT.

I don't know why did they change the conversation between Jamie and Tyrion during their escape. This has turned it from sour/hateful parting in the books to a brotherly token of love parting in the series.

I don't know why did they change the conversation between Jamie and Tyrion during their escape. This has turned it from sour/hateful parting in the books to a brotherly token of love parting in the series.

I actually wasn't expecting that at all. Show is going very much in kinda different direction compared to the books, everyone knows that. The coversation you were expecting , it had some plot development in books before. And then it comes in the conversation when tyrion was leaving Kings Landing. Now, no plot - no storyline.[DOUBLEPOST=1403087276][/DOUBLEPOST]
^^ no it was as literal as it gets.

hardly anything epic left to spoil tbh.

Can think of many epic Upcoming moments ;) Hope they don't mess it up. They are screwed with the 3 eyed raven. He looks like a joker in the scene. The best thing GoT crew has even done is the makeup of White Walkers. Now, that's called perfection.

I liked the beetles discussion. imo events leading to Tyrion having to leave King's Landing and Sansa's role in this season have been the two deviations from the books that were pulled off well.

so if I to read the books now to continue the story, from which book (provide me chapter details also if possible) should I start with? I am not much into reading books. But GOT is pushing me for it.

so if I to read the books now to continue the story, from which book (provide me chapter details also if possible) should I start with? I am not much into reading books. But GOT is pushing me for it.
Start from the beginning. You will be lost if you start somewhere in the middle. The show has deviated significantly from the books and it will be hard for you to understand what's happening. Moreover, the TV series isn't following the books in order since they're written in a non-chronological order. Some parts of third book have been left out, whereas some parts of the fifth book have already been shown.

Start from the beginning. You will be lost if you start somewhere in the middle. The show has deviated significantly from the books and it will be hard for you to understand what's happening. Moreover, the TV series is following a different timeline than what the books followed. Some parts of third book have been left out, whereas some parts of the fifth book have already been shown.
makes sense.. TY

Or you if you can better wait for the TV series.
Book readers are waiting for the 6th book for last 3 years (and its not coming before 2015).

Back