Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

JB on Galaxy Note, has a huge RAM leak problem. Dunno if its true for other handsets, if you want the most stable experience, generally the rooted/zipaligned stock ROM's are the best.

Buy it now, if you will keep waiting for ICS it can turn out to be a long wait.

Even I am waiting for ICS.
btw howz it? do u faced any kinda problems regrading battery or anything else?(read it somewhere so was wondering)

and u got it from HP18 as well or some other local/online dealer?

btw howz it? do u faced any kinda problems regrading battery or anything else?(read it somewhere so was wondering)

and u got it from HP18 as well or some other local/online dealer?

I got the XPERIA gO from the local SONY Centre. There are very rare occasions when the UI lags / stutters a little.

Battery life is good, I get an easy ~2 days+ if I do not use 3G / Wi-Fi, if I do it still gives me close to ~18 hours.

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

Thanks matey
if anybody here has got Sola can he/they tell if there is any sort of lag may be because of only 512 MB ram? If dere is someprobs reagarding some apps..
plz reply asap as HP18 superdeal will start in 37 hours

- - - Updated - - -

why not add a few grands extra and get a nexus .

*warranty* :p

Thanks matey
if anybody here has got Sola can he/they tell if there is any sort of lag may be because of only 512 MB ram? If dere is someprobs reagarding some apps..
plz reply asap as HP18 superdeal will start in 37 hours

- - - Updated - - -

*warranty* :p

sola has higher chances of failing compared to a nexus. moreover, most problems arise after a year of purchase after your warranty period has expired...so its the same

sandeepsachin;1718519[B said:
]sola has higher chances of failing compared to a nexus[/B]. moreover, most problems arise after a year of purchase after your warranty period has expired...so its the same

what are you talking about man? Baseless talks aren't really supported here you know.

Has anyone ever used Connectify to make their laptop a hotspot to share their internet and had a problem with the Sola to maintain that wireless connection.

I am having this problem, my Sola connects to the hotspot and within 2 minutes disconnects. If someone has a solution please let me know.

moreover, most problems arise after a year of purchase after your warranty period has expired...so its the same

Its been less than a year since these particular models have been outed -- XPERIA gO / SOLA / U how can you prove this point, Sire.

Released between early June -->late July this year

And all 3 handsets have the same base components.

comp@ddict

Baseless? LOL . you , my friend have clearly been sleeping all this while. wake up and face the facts

Just head over to gsm arena user reviews and spennd a few min going throug the comments . 5/10 people have copmplained of non responsive touch screen just within weeks or months of their puyrchase.

here's the link - Sony Xperia sola - User opinions and reviews

9/10 people have complained about touch screen not working at all while the phone is charging

complains of volume of in ear piece. below average volume levels., screen flickering and what not...the list goes on and on . i just dont have the patience to point out each issue for you here here.

its not one isolated event . its all across the board. The sony forums are full of user complaints , abuses

you have been bitten by the experia bug and have been suggesting the sola all over the place, not just on forums but in your neighbourhood as well , i am very much sure

show me one such hardware or software issue on the gnex. it is a much superior device . when the op can spend 17 k for a shitty sola, he might as well add 3 to 4k and get a gnex

and btw webgupta will tell you what a tough time he had getting his sola replaced from sony. he will give you his own list of problems which are not mentioned in this post

ALPHA17

read up similar user opinions on the experia go and decide

i would say save your hard earned money and keep clear of the sony series, do yourself a favour and get some other phone.

read up similar user opinions on the experia go and decide

Already bought it so in for the ride, not facing any issues but it has only been ~10 days since I got the phone. Cannot afford the Galaxy Nexus with warranty.

At-least if the phone develops any issues I am covered for this year. Cheerio!

Finding dirt on anything is easy, here I found some issues plaguing the Galaxy Nexus and S III, issues with battery draining like crazy with LTE usage (and there is no way to switch it off as of now) and over certain networks the tethering feature also is pretty useless; so everything is a risk these days you just need to live with it.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/07/23/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-nexus-android-4-1-jelly-bean-gps-issues/ / http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/465494-known-issues-galaxy-nexus.html.

I am not trying to denigrate you, this is just to prove that every phone is fraught with pitfalls and issues that does not mean we simply stick to Nokia 101's now does it OR the iPhone 5.

@sandeepsachin

See buddy, no single phone is perfect. Not even Galaxy Nexus. Google "Galaxy Nexus problems" and hundreds of results will pop up for it as well. Well actually you can replace Galaxy nexus with ANY other phone and it will return similar results. All phones have issues.

But no warranty is quite a risk. Even if a guy faces an issue with the Sola at least he has official warranty to cover it. What about the Galaxy nexus ? What would he do if something goes wrong ? It isn't even sold in India so I doubt even Samsung service center can do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone ever used Connectify to make their laptop a hotspot to share their internet and had a problem with the Sola to maintain that wireless connection.

I am having this problem, my Sola connects to the hotspot and within 2 minutes disconnects. If someone has a solution please let me know.

I have had a similar problem with a wifi adapter (using a different phone though-GS2). It used to disconnect after 2-3 minutes after working perfectly fine. Solved it by changing the encryption method to WEP. Heard its not very secure, but hey it works!

Also, you might want to try Virtual Router instead of Connectify.

Back