Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

It doesn't help your battery life per se. The pulse charging/discharging recommended by most battery calibration apps help in getting rid of wakelocks on a temporary basis. However, if these wakelocks are caused due to rogue apps, they shall return. BetterBatteryStats (free on XDA, paid on Play Store) will help in determining the cause of these wakelocks.

Wakelocks can be a bigger hog than display, Wifi and GPS since it almost never lets the phone get into its deep sleep state.

Ooh. Well I didn't delete any apps before or after doing the calibration to be frank. Nothing. No change.

I have the BetterBatteryStats app from XDA. Will use it to find out how I can optimize my battery further. Freezing apps that prevent deep sleep state WORKS right?

My phone is rooted, so what's the BEST APP that will allow me to FREEZE BACKGROUND apps such as FACEBOOK OR WHATSAPP which I don't use at all! (or only sometimes)

Has any one used Usb on the go ? and is it successful for storage requirements as it can be handy for keeping data on pendrive specially for xperia u as internal storage low ?

Well once my friend has tried connecting his Pendrive to my XU and it was detected and displaying its contents, so yea it does work!

Wow. Nice. How much does a micro usb cable cost? Secondly what is the point of connecting a pen driveto the phone? Any benefits?

Wow. Nice. How much does a micro usb cable cost? Secondly what is the point of connecting a pen driveto the phone? Any benefits?
No idea about the cost since that belonged to my friend. But should cost around 150-200 bucks only.
And as comp@ddict said it's On The Go(OTG) solution for devices with limited memory(like XU - 4GB only for media).
Also if you have Pendrive filled with tons of media content and don't want the hassle of transferring it to your phone then USB OTG is what you are looking for.

Okay guys, I am very new to this touchscreen keyboard. I have had a N900 which had an amazing qwerty keyboard and now I am having to type using my XS. I would really like to know if there is a way I can use my Laptop's (G6 2005AX ) keyboard for typing on my XS, using bluetooth or DLNA? Is there any way? Can I use it?

Okay guys, I am very new to this touchscreen keyboard. I have had a N900 which had an amazing qwerty keyboard and now I am having to type using my XS. I would really like to know if there is a way I can use my Laptop's (G6 2005AX ) keyboard for typing on my XS, using bluetooth or DLNA? Is there any way? Can I use it?

Get Swiftkey keyboard from the Market place. Your typing troubles will be over, once and for all.

Just got a new ICS (6.x.x.154) update from Sony - things seems poor now, but battery draining fast with a bit sluggish experience kind of jittery.

I hope sony hires some good ROM developer at their end. No idea of JB their rep at FB/Twitter don't talk and they will hopefully release details about rollout for S/U and P by mid December.

I'll be damned if they leave Sola alone given they have the same hardware as of U and P.

Just got a new ICS (6.x.x.154) update from Sony - things seems poor now, but battery draining fast with a bit sluggish experience kind of jittery.
So were you notified for the update on the phone itself or you checked it by connecting your Sola to PCC?
Also did you factory reset your phone after updating?

Frankly speaking I am in no hurry of JB because -
1. It's hasn't even been two months since we got ICS!
2. Also good to know Sony has released an update to make ICS a bit more stable(we have to see on that)
3. Also we haven't got the "perfect" CM9 yet(but I guess it's just a couple of releases away now) and also the other ICS Custom ROMs have a long way to go.
4. Lastly, only after XS gets JB we have discuss about JB for P/U/Sola/Go.
So rather than waiting for a broken CM10 I would be happy with a fully working CM9 for now.

^^ I don't use Auto Sync on phone much so no update notification on phone. Instead I get notification on PC

Didn't do a factory reset, will do a repair of the phone today.

Back