Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

Hi to all, guys, for days I have been searching for an offline wikipedia app which has update functionality. No matter how big is the dump size, 10 GB or 3 GB. Can you guys suggest me the best one as I will download the one which is best only, I have internet restrictions.

My phone has become patheticly slow :|

Hangs now an then and becomes really frustrating. Should I flash some rom , haven't yet rooted !
Keep a watch on the processes running in the background and RAM usage, some unwanted processes may be causing the lag.

Try a factory reset before opting for Custom ROM.

Custom ROM. Not there sadly. Hopefully next release does. Is coming up soon. Loving it.

Won't unlock bootloader yet. Waiting for official Jelly Bean and Sony to officially renounce future updates for this model before I go all out! (dying to try MIUI ROM)

Battery calibration does nothing except delete the batterystats.bin file which automatically takes place every time you unplug your charger. It won't magically increase your battery life. Battery optimised kernels and CPU governors along with optimum use of data/Wifi and display brightness are the only things that really save your battery.

I haven't used that feature anyway till date because I am satisfied with my battery life really.
I feel Sony has done really a great job with ICS when it comes to battery and smoothness but I feel they can up the overall performance, especially when it comes to launching apps.

Battery calibration does nothing except delete the batterystats.bin file which automatically takes place every time you unplug your charger. It won't magically increase your battery life. Battery optimised kernels and CPU governors along with optimum use of data/Wifi and display brightness are the only things that really save your battery.

It just did. Full charge to 100%, battery stats deleted, use till discharge to 1%, then uninterrupted charging to 100% and now I lose only about 2% battery in 6 hours of idling. Did the trick!

Okay, my Xperia SOLA takes 2 and half HOURS to FULL CHARGE. That is TOOO LONG. Is the USB to WALL Socket converter low rating one? Should I buy a higher rating socket to USB transformer? Will that help me charge? Ideally it should take 1 to 1 and half hours to charge I believe.

Back