Seedbox sharing !

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
besides we can even share our downloads via FTP... if we have a simple setup. :hap2:

This would be really great. We can avoid downloading duplicates and really add to the value of the investment. :clap:

Just 1 more user required. I will have my payment ready. PM me your account details. SBI preferred.

SumitB said:
This would be really great. We can avoid downloading duplicates and really add to the value of the investment. :clap:

Just 1 more user required. I will have my payment ready. PM me your account details. SBI preferred.

As soon as its 6 people, I will contact everybody tomorrow at 3 Noon via PM with details about how to proceed and start collecting cash! And then go for the order! And setup!
We shall also have a seperate discussion group/forum/channel for ourselves ! :hap5:

PhotostarSR said:
So which one are u guys taking? And did u count me in?

yes, you are counted !! and its 5 now.

and taking what ?

tomorrow noon is final call, and 5 people are in, so we can go ahead and setup with 5 people then post screenshots, and there shall be a long list of interested dudes for that vacant 6 slot. :tongue:

And add extra 2 Euro late coming fees for that late dude for 1st month.

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
Torrentflux-b4rt is only a frontend, not the torrent client itself, we can bittornado or transmission at the back. And I guess our expert user manu1991 recommends and also uses b4rt at fastsh.it

Thanks but im no expert :bleh: and neither do i use tflux , as ApexTwin mentioned , it is resource hungry

For me rTorrent + wTorrent/rtGUI or Deluge + WebUI both work fine

Just a query , why are you guys going through such a hassle , fastsh.it has 15$ 100 GB spots on a shared AMD Dual Core with 6 gig RAM , its full SSH access , has unrar and mktorrent also installed so you can create your own torrents too

manu1991 said:
Thanks but im no expert :bleh: and neither do i use tflux , as ApexTwin mentioned , it is resource hungry

Just a query , why are you guys going through such a hassle , fastsh.it has 15$ 100 GB spots on a shared AMD Dual Core with 6 gig RAM , its full SSH access , has unrar and mktorrent also installed so you can create your own torrents too

Website says its "Coming Soon" :no:

^ goto fastsh.it/forum , the payment details are there , the website has been under construction since half an year

manu1991 said:
^ goto fastsh.it/forum , the payment details are there , the website has been under construction since half an year

I will go with Akshay's offer as I am getting close to 170GB. For 15$ I will only get 100GB with fastsh.it and it will not be enough for me. I already download torrents which are close to 150GB which I won't be able to download with fastsh.it.

^^hey akshay can i join.....

but i have no clue about the technicalities of this.Also i have few of questions

1. Each user will get around 170GB HDD Space. right?

2. The bandwidth is unlimited

3. I can download files from seedbox to my local pc using ftp right ?

3. any other method to download and is that download resumable?

4. I dont know any setup and am looking for a straighforward option

a. Download torrent file

b. upload to seedbox

c. actual file is downloaded

d. i ftp / download file to local pc

Please let me know the feasibility.

raksrules

Sure, you can join in, i will add your name after answering your question. now am leaving to college, will be back at noon and ready to go.

If raksrules joins in, we have the required 6 people. :happy:

We can have our payments ready. Akshay, pm me you account details once you get back. SBI is preferred.

^^SUMITB it seems akshay has left for college. Can you answer me the questions i have raised in post# 53 ??

For me ICICI bank is preferred. But plz have a little patience with the payment as i am in Shanghai and my cell phone (as in local sim card) is in Mumbai at my home. I will need to register the new payee and get the confirmation code by calling my brother who will switch on the cell phone and msg me the code and then only i can make the transfer. Let me know if you guys trust me and are fine with it. :)

manu1991 said:

Deluge is banned at a host of sites like BitMeTV and all .. I doubt how the slice will work for them with tflux with 6 users accessing it .. Even on a kimsufi 3 simultaneous connections cause lot of glitches .. Not to mention there will be a limit on the number of concurrent connections and the files open ..

raksrules said:
^^hey akshay can i join.....
but i have no clue about the technicalities of this.Also i have few of questions

1. Each user will get around 170GB HDD Space. right?
Close to 170GB (1TB/6), but since it is not allotted by the server, this can be flexible if we can come to an understanding. We can also share our downloads and avoid downloading duplicates. This will maximize the value of this seedbox. This is possible if we come to an agreement about it and all are comfortable in sharing the downloads.

2. The bandwidth is unlimited
As far as I know, yes. Akshay will confirm though.

3. I can download files from seedbox to my local pc using ftp right ?
Yes. You can use VNC or FTP. Download resumes should not be a problem.

3. any other method to download and is that download resumable?
Answered above.
4. I dont know any setup and am looking for a straighforward option
a. Download torrent file
b. upload to seedbox
c. actual file is downloaded
d. i ftp / download file to local pc
Yes. You can probably use the webui interface to add torrents.

Please let me know the feasibility.

raksrules said:
^^SUMITB it seems akshay has left for college. Can you answer me the questions i have raised in post# 53 ??

For me ICICI bank is preferred. But plz have a little patience with the payment as i am in Shanghai and my cell phone (as in local sim card) is in Mumbai at my home. I will need to register the new payee and get the confirmation code by calling my brother who will switch on the cell phone and msg me the code and then only i can make the transfer. Let me know if you guys trust me and are fine with it. :)

This, Akshay should answer as its his initiative and he will handle the payments.

Also as apextwin146 has pointed out about potential issues, we need to ensure that these setups should not crop up after we have paid the money to that company.

Also is there any binding period ?

I mean what if someone wants to back out after say a month.

Back