Seedbox sharing !

@ a_k_s_h_a_y --> add me into list, however, I can't setup linux installation + client installation. I'm good if somebody set that up for me :(

zanderzone said:
@ a_k_s_h_a_y --> add me into list, however, I can't setup linux installation + client installation. I'm good if somebody set that up for me :(

No worries, I will teach you Administration ! its pretty easy, thanks to Google.
Added you to the list.

At the rate that there is interest in this, I assume we should be ready with our payments by tomorrow :eek:hyeah:

Really looking forward to this!

Akshay, I have a doubt. Will each user be allotted a unique ip address? If not, wont there be a problem with trackers which don't allow multiple users with the same ip address?

I hope that we are done by a day or two.

About savvyseed.net

You have to be a member of ThePirateSociety, else you can't sign up. Again TPS is full of guys from what.cd (according to filesharefreak) !

And you have to attend a interview on IRC to get into TPS

Akshay, I have a doubt. Will each user be allotted a unique ip address? If not, wont there be a problem with trackers which don't allow multiple users with the same ip address?

I can arrange TPS for you if you want.Savvyseed are just resellers though, I don't think they allow sharing the seedbox slot they provide.

its best to buy the dedicated server with unmetered 100mbit connection and install linux and wine+utorrent\rtorrent yourself(its not easy tbh,:p).

you gonna have to tell staff about your arrangement, I know that bitme and a few others allow that, but I am not sure about all. You gonna have to ask in the irc channels(recommended) or PM mods\staff.

SumitB said:

Its not an issue at most of the sites, and most cheap seedboxes already put more then 20 users on same box !

I think you get banned ONLY if you login to the website/forum via multiple IPs at the same time.

Actually, VPS is much preferred these days. All server resources are sliced to 5-6 users, this includes cpu, memory and harddisk. The advantage with VPS is that everybody is getting their dedicated resources and say if there is a problem with client of one person and client hogs all memory, other users are not affected. Each user have it's own IP address. I don't know how this thing is setup but it's the preferred thing these days over shared seedboxes...

just my 2 cents..

vishals said:
Actually, VPS is much preferred these days. All server resources are sliced to 5-6 users, this includes cpu, memory and harddisk. The advantage with VPS is that everybody is getting their dedicated resources and say if there is a problem with client of one person and client hogs all memory, other users are not affected. Each user have it's own IP address. I don't know how this thing is setup but it's the preferred thing these days over shared seedboxes...

just my 2 cents..

Agreed about VPS concept, but such a stiff and exact rules on resources sharing is not necessary for us on a seedbox ! and on a seedbox only bandwidth sharing and hdd space counts !!
RAM and CPU time is last thing to worry about. If you get your assured bandwidth and disk, its settled.

Dividing a server into VPS is not all that difficult, but with with a few tries you should get it right.
The difficult part is network connections :p

I used a VPS for ~2months(Jan-Feb 09) and paid ~$30/month...

Hey askhay...iam in if you can send me one HD torrent invite..i already have IPT...

@PhotostarSR: You mean hd-bits.ro or hd-torrents.org?

If its hd-bits, it should not be difficult to sign up as they are opening their registration on a daily basis nowadays.

PhotostarSR, consider that done ! i have a solution that may work ! use my hd-bits.ro account ! i haven't started using it. and am not in a hurry at all.

my last seedbox was a very hopeless 6$ seedbox which gave me abouve ~90GB upload! that was good enough for me to start off.

Dude first off torrentflux is not the way to go if u want proper administration over the seedbox .. You wont be able to crosseed properly and the UI will be very laggy .. The only advantage is that its easier ot resell .. Also Speed and efficiency wise its really sucks .. The speeds are useles on torrebt flux ..
I suggest u buy a dedicated from any reseller and tell him to set up the box for you ...
IF u are in ScT/CN i knw a couple of guys who can do it .. go to the IRC channel of these sites and find out more ..

apextwin146 said:
Dude first off torrentflux is not the way to go if u want proper administration over the seedbox .. You wont be able to crosseed properly and the UI will be very laggy .. The only advantage is that its easier ot resell .. Also Speed and efficiency wise its really sucks .. The speeds are useles on torrebt flux ..

I suggest u buy a dedicated from any reseller and tell him to set up the box for you ...

IF u are in ScT/CN i knw a couple of guys who can do it .. go to the IRC channel of these sites and find out more ..

That's debatable about torrentflux not being good for us. I am not a re-seller.

And setting up uTorrent on wine is not an issue

Torrentflux-b4rt is only a frontend, not the torrent client itself, we can bittornado or transmission at the back. And I guess our expert user manu1991 recommends and also uses b4rt at fastsh.it

Dividing the server into 6 Virtual machines is an issue. It means 6+1 machines to administer ! This is not happening, since am not re-seller, we are just few guys trying to share disk space and bandwidth equally, remember ?

besides we can even share our downloads via FTP... if we have a simple setup. :hap2:

Back