Seagate Goflex Net Discussion

Well it ain't paid, but to be able to activate a free account you need to register a working credit card

Well, thats the last option for me. Giving CC info is too risky for me, though I know they are very reputed but still.....

Anyways how about no-ip.com ?

Will they serve the purpose ?

Need some help here please..

Was trying to install Debian using this

Connected the GoFlex Net to the router. Enabled SSH in pogo page.

Green light on the Flex indicator is on.
<

Realized the ip is dynamic. So changed in the router (Tomato firmware) to assign static ip to the pogo mac.

Green light still on.
<

Did everything till (using an usb drive) :

Code:
./dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh

Here it asked that pogo service will interrupt something and anyways wont be used, so I disabled.

It continued..but post a few initial validations all the packages said:

W: so & so.deb was corrupt

W: Couldn't download package so & so

Back to # prompt. For some reason I rebooted it.

Orange light blinking now..
<

Shows as the same static ip on the router monitor screen (after rebooting the router too)

But cannot putty/telnet to that ip now..

Orange light still blinking like crazy..
<

I realized people having same issues here and the suggestion was to use the mirror site, but no one seems to have connecting issues. The pogo url still opens and detects the device, but the option to enable SSH is gone.

I am lost....Request assistance to get back on track..

So i actually read the complete post and apparently people have faced the issue..

Solution is something to do with changing eth0 to eth1 (I think its on the router)..Will go home and try that too..

Well i use DDNS on my goflexnet itself.

I installed ddclient and configured it for NO-IP. It works with almost any DDNS service.

If you are familiar with linux. Which i guess you will be using a Goflexnet check these links for help.

http://machine-cycle.blogspot.com/2010/11/update-no-ipcom-and-dyndnscom-dynamic.html

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Dynamic_DNS (this is for Gentoo linux but similar procedures for all distros)

BTW i use debian dunno if ddclient package is available for ArchLinux or not

varkey dinjo 6pack thatsashok amul_capri honest1 & others..
Guys I need some help in my Goflex NET (with Goflex 500GB portable mounted). I wont be home for next 4-5 months. Going HYD in 2 days. Debian and plug computer stuffs is totally over my head. I got the debian and all the software packages installed in my NET by varkey (Thanks buddy :)).
The problem now is that even when I got the tough part done by varkey, i still dont know the basics of how to operate debian.
These are the few things I want:
1. I need to control my goflex remotely over internet. How to do that? DynDNS? All I need is transmission (for torrents) and pyload (best for DDL? I will be downloading mainly from zippyshare)
2. I have Netgear WNDR3700v2 Gigabit router. Bought it mainly for NAS purpose. Wont be needing NAS for now. Should I flash ddwrt into it? Will it give more stability?
3. I can access Transmission on my home network (IP:9091) but dont know how to setup it to download to a specific location. Debian is installed on a 2GB linux partition in the Goflex 500GB portable mounted on NET. So the downloads goes to that puny linux partition (var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads). How do I assign the download location to the remaining ntfs partition of the 500Gb portable?
4. I cant access PyLoad via IP:8000, even though its already installed.

I don't know why you got the device if you didn't wanted to do things on our own
1. DDNS, http downloads are not worth with the device.
2. DD WRT is definitely better firmware for it
3. Preferences
4. Is it running ?

I don't know why you got the device if you didn't wanted to do things on our own
1. DDNS, http downloads are not worth with the device.
2. DD WRT is definitely better firmware for it
3. Preferences
4. Is it running ?
As I said, I got the device for setting up a NAS+download rig. Yeah its a shame I couldnt set it up myself. I tried 2-3 weeks on researching before asking for Varkey's help. Any site where I can read more about these is greatly welcomed.
1. Can you please elaborate the steps. [Noob alert]
2. Will do.
3. Under preference, I did find option to change download location. Just dont know whats the location of this ntfs partition of my 500GB portable.
4. Oh how to check that? [Noob alert again :p]

If you're using debian you need to install ntfs3g to be able to write to ntfs partitions. the 500gb portable will be named sde or similar. just put a volume name on the drive in windows to help you find it better.
use debian command to view a list of running processes. if you find pyload with a pid, its running.
Code:
ps aux

are you comfortable flashing roms to a router? asking cause you're not comfortable with linux commands like me. I'm just taking it slowly and doing things with varkey's and dinjo's help when i get confused. i saw the process for flashing ddwrt on my linksys router and i thought sticking with stock firmware was a better option than bricking it.
atleast the wiki for pogoplug goflex is maintained well, the wiki for ddwrt isn't there for many routers. and people dont even answer questions of noobs like us in ddwrt forums.

Ok, so off late I am having issues with updating time on Goflex and I believe that its happening because the scrip runs before the internet is activated. This happens particularly when power goes off and comes back.
Any help @dinjo @varkey and other members?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back