Resident Evil 6 - Discussion Thread

sharktale1212

Skilled
May 27, 2008
Anyone playing this? I started out for 10 mins, its cutscene, walk 5mins, cutscene, walk again. Pissed me off a bit. I am hoping it gets better with playthrough.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Which campaign? I'm about to start tonight with Leon's campaign, then progress with the others. Very curious to see how Ada's campaign plays out.

sharktale1212

Skilled
May 27, 2008
Is there a screen to select campaigns? I thought it by default started out with Leon. Hmm....looks like I pressed through the buttons too quickly.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Is there a screen to select campaigns? I thought it by default started out with Leon. Hmm....looks like I pressed through the buttons too quickly.

I just spent almost 3 hours in the game now. I suppose the initial part was the prologue and hence we get Leon by default. Post that, we have the character select screen.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Oh ok. So hows it?

Decent so far. Took me around 2 hours just to complete the first chapter, and each character has 5 chapters of their own. :dead:

It's certainly better than RE5 and some of the AI is much smarter. The story isn't really compelling. Boss fights are lacking and so is the presence of healing herbs. Melee combat is much better. Upgrades are only available after the completion of a chapter. Nothing can match RE4's charm. No matter how many campaigns they add to this game, it would never be as good as RE4 was, but if nothing else, it would be a decent time killer. Capcom's quality has withered over the years. :(

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
OK, may be I was a bit too quick to judge the game. Second chapter was awesome. Now the game has really picked up it's pace. It's quite challenging too, might I add. The cemetery level was pretty creepy. Boss Fights have also started showing up more frequently. I died quite a lot. Been playing it for 4 hours non-stop now. :D

sharktale1212

Skilled
May 27, 2008
OK, may be I was a bit too quick to judge the game. Second chapter was awesome. Now the game has really picked up it's pace. It's quite challenging too, might I add. The cemetery level was pretty creepy. Boss Fights have also started showing up more frequently. I died quite a lot. Been playing it for 4 hours non-stop now. :D
What about graphics? Any good? I had saved up for a LED Tv but now have to spend it on something else. Still stuck on CRT. :( Couldn't even get the brightness setting right.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
What about graphics? Any good? I had saved up for a LED Tv but now have to spend it on something else. Still stuck on CRT. :( Couldn't even get the brightness setting right.

Brightness is way too low on default. I had to turn it up to 30 for perfection. It really looks amazing, the character animations and lighting effect specifically. Don't murder it by playing it on a CRT. It's look really good on an LED.

sharktale1212

Skilled
May 27, 2008
Brightness is way too low on default. I had to turn it up to 30 for perfection. It really looks amazing, the character animations and lighting effect specifically. Don't murder it by playing it on a CRT. It's look really good on an LED.
Dont have the dough to purchase one, maybe soon enough. Played Leon's campaign for a 2hrs. Though I get QTE when a zombie catches you I dont see why did we need over abundance of QTE events. Gets irritating at times, you die and remember next time where to expect QTE. Never liked Asura's wrath because of that.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Done with Leon's campaign yesterday night and what a thrill ride. Loved it. The last boss took me a very long time to defeat. I finally understand how the stories of each characters are inter-connected. I'm moving onto Chris's campaign now.

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai

isn't the 30 too high especially since its a led