Resident Evil 6 - Discussion Thread

quan chi

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Yes the textures are weird but if you are not paying attention they are not much of an issue.Lighting makes up for it as far as leon's campaign is concerned.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
No wonder it left me with a bad taste. So much of cutscenes and QTE. And there is this annoying portion where the devs. got the controls wrong!

After destroying the Buddha statue using the tank, Jake and Sherry has to run from it on a long corridor. Once the camera pans towards us with Jake and Sherry facing us, we would expect to use 'S' to run ahead. But these stupid fcuking devs. has made it W! I was dying and dying not knowing what was wrong. Then, someone on the Steam forums advised to press 'W' and it worked! How lame. And that snowy area, I couldn't see a thing when the zombies were spawning left, right and centre.

Sherry looks cute though. :hungry:

quan chi

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Fov can be changed from the menu its inside options> camera.
Btw played for more than an hour and i am liking the leon's campaign but it surely fails to keep the player interested like RE4 or RE5.

quan chi

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Really the game is boring.After completing chapter 1 of chris i havent touched it yet. I would say even RE5 was far better than this.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Finally, after a month I finally wrapped up the most retarded game I have played in a long time now. :facepalm:

Save for Leon and Chris' campaigns, the rest were extremely boring. And what bull crap voice acting and dialogues! Classic instance, Leon and Helena enters the sewers in one of the chapters. Leon asks her, "Not a fan of sewers?"! I meant what rubbish is this? Anyhow, some of the enemy designs were pretty decent. Boss battles were sucky and most of them were shoot-the-glowing-thing to take it down types. Crapcom could have dropped two campaigns and focused on the other two to improve the overall game. Instead they chose to give four campaigns to narrate the story from each character's perspective and ruined the entire title!

Not attempting another RE title for some time. At least not until it has been received well by the community and critics.

sharktale1212

Skilled
May 27, 2008
Finally, after a month I finally wrapped up the most retarded game I have played in a long time now. :facepalm:

Save for Leon and Chris' campaigns, the rest were extremely boring. And what bull crap voice acting and dialogues! Classic instance, Leon and Helena enters the sewers in one of the chapters. Leon asks her, "Not a fan of sewers?"! I meant what rubbish is this? Anyhow, some of the enemy designs were pretty decent. Boss battles were sucky and most of them were shoot-the-glowing-thing to take it down types. Crapcom could have dropped two campaigns and focused on the other two to improve the overall game. Instead they chose to give four campaigns to narrate the story from each character's perspective and ruined the entire title!

Not attempting another RE title for some time. At least not until it has been received well by the community and critics.
You forgot the ample amount of QTEs for no reason. I call the game QTEvil.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Oh yeah ridiculous amount of QTE in the game. Cutscene, QTE, cutscene, QTE, cutscene and so forth. And the worst part was I was attempting the game using the keyboard and mouse. The controls were mapped horribly! Mashing buttons like crazy. Add to it, the summer heat - everything was a mess! I am so glad I got done with the title. I can concentrate on something else - watching some movie, continuing with some serial.

quan chi

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Disjointed story and technical problems apart surprisingly i am finding jakes chapter more interesting. Almost towards the end of the story. For me most of the chris's chapters were damn boring.

quan chi

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Finally completed this game. Compared to other games it is just average. But compared to its previous titles it is the worst in the series. It's damn boring. I was liking the jake's chapter but they completely ruined it towards the end. Had they focused on a single character and on the story then it could have been a better game.