Renting a server for CS: Source

Well i for one format every month or so... What i do with CSs is simple...

backup using the inbuilt backup steam utility...(Use the DVD option)

now format your PC...

After the fresh installation go to www.steampowered.com and download steam(approx 600 KB)

Now update the staem application....

After its updated close steam and apply your backup file...

After the restoratrion staem will take approx 2 mins to completely update.... It will not download anything but will just verify files which can take anywhere from 2 to 15 mins depending on your speed...

You are all done...

Hope this helped...

For further queries go to www.steampowered.com forums section...
P.S. The steam backup utility saves all the downloaded offcial updates but be warned no gamesaves/server addresses/mods will be backed up...

^ ^
Instead of that, just burn the steamapp folder and restore it after a fresh install man, it restores everything including custom maps, custom sounds and server favs that u might have saved..

stormblast said:
really sad server u got there rave. i decided to play the crappy game source for tp. got kicked by ur teammate ti virus who has a bad attitude & thinks he is too good cause he has the rcon.

play in FART server you will never get kicked
maybe not rave but some admin in TI server fools around. one time when defusing some admin teleport me somewhere else.

IceFusion said:
i would have loved to join in....but my pings to sgwars have been screwed up since a month....i get over 400 ping there...:(

hehe...i get 400+ pings too
but i'm hoping that I would get a different connection by this month end and then maybe i'll get better pings.

@sandeep - where is this FART server? ip?

Last edited by a moderator:
So how many finally confirmed...

Blade_runner
Tifosi
Funky
Storm
Switch
Mask
Rave(Yes u r in)
Who else... What do rest of the lamers do with there fancy uber Gfx cards... Rocky,Nikhil,Bottle,Darky,Apo come on guys... Be game for it...

Few guys at Ti think they are too good... And yes about the teleportation and cheating lot of the admins even do that at times...

I wish i had good pings there... BTW if you ever see LagMan playing there... its me...

Lets not get started on the guys @ Ti (rave not included ;)) ;) Lets stick to the topic :p

I was chatting with funky since a lot of guys arent comfortable with sgwargames. So we could pay the money to funky and ask him to host the server for us.

Welll no offense meant to funky but servers at SG would be more realible cause they are pro's at it... Also the bandwidth cost here in india is a lot more then in SG not to mention the cool features(Ranks/Mods) we can have at SG. And last but the most importantly funky will have to put a 24/7 dedicated machine which i dont think is practically possible... I know funky is a great guy and he will go miles to see that it operates somoothly but i dont think its practicle... Just my thought...

But in anycase i am with you guys on any decision... Even if you choose to go the funky's way i am still game for it...

And Funky... No offences meant to you mate... I hope you will understand my concerens :)

tifôsi said:
hehe...i get 400+ pings too
but i'm hoping that I would get a different connection by this month end and then maybe i'll get better pings.

@sandeep - where is this FART server? ip?
check your PM :cool2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Food for thought.. I can get BSNL dataone 384 KBps plan at my home...Should i go in for it or not... Will it be good enough for online paying... I cant gtmy hands on Airtel or sify in my area...

OT: I was just playing on Ti server and the admin teleported me when i was diffusing... When i called him lame he abused me and asked me to leave... I did left the game but only after kicking him in butt... Killing him twice in a row... I will not be visiting the Ti Server anymore... Vunami as he calls him... a big lamer...

Anyways... back on to the topic... Guys do confirm soon if you are serious abt renting a server... I am very much interested in it now...

Switch said:
So how many finally confirmed...

Blade_runner
Tifosi
Funky
Storm
Switch
Mask
Rave(Yes u r in)
Who else... What do rest of the lamers do with there fancy uber Gfx cards... Rocky,Nikhil,Bottle,Darky,Apo come on guys... Be game for it...

Sorry dude.....

I SUCK at CS. Maybe later once I polish up my skills a little bit. And I mean, I really suck.

And when you say a fee of 150-200 Rs, do you mean per month or what??

I get a pocketmoney of 400 a month. so, you see, paying 200 or so a month is not justified. I will spend 90% of the time dead and just being a spectator. and will not have enough for the month.

yes...

400 Per month... Nikhil i used to get that 10 years ago... Should be more like 1000 now... And nobody is great at CS...

Switch said:
OT: I was just playing on Ti server and the admin teleported me when i was diffusing... When i called him lame he abused me and asked me to leave... I did left the game but only after kicking him in butt... Killing him twice in a row... I will not be visiting the Ti Server anymore... Vunami as he calls him... a big lamer...

Anyways... back on to the topic... Guys do confirm soon if you are serious abt renting a server... I am very much interested in it now...

OT: bola tha baba, other admins sometimes do that for fun but these people always do that. I also never play in TI server. yes Vunami he always uses awp. thinks he is god.
hehe
remember when I kicked virus around back then he was with clan CC.

Nikhil said:
Sorry dude.....

I SUCK at CS. Maybe later once I polish up my skills a little bit. And I mean, I really suck.

People play for fun dude :)
Doesnt matter whether u r good or bad.
believe me, I suck at CSS too (blade can confimr that :p).
but then if pocket money is an issue , then its ok:)

I wouldn't mind paying if I could.... actually 200 bucks or so a month for is pretty reasonable. but as you say
but then if pocket money is an issue , then its ok

It is. It is an issue. And if I could afford it, I would pay just to have fun. I will certainly improve my game that way

Back