Renting a server for CS: Source

Blade_Runner

Skilled
I figured since a lot of TE members have CS source we might as well rent a server. I was planning of renting a server from http://www.sgwargames.net since i am sure its based in singapore and everyone will get pings of arnd 65-80 which is pretty decent.

The rental is based on the number of player slots. 12 slots for 30$ basic and 50$ for 20 slots. This will be decided when people confirm their readiness to pay a small sum (around 150-200 per head) for the rental.

So those interested please post in here. Only those with steam account will be able to play online on the server.

i am in too.
if u guys wana see how good ur pings will be just play on any of the demo servers or one of many other sgwargames servers online.
pings have ben good for me.
And its preferred bcoz its singapore based and many indian ISPs route through SG so we get better pings than even some indian servers ;)

i am not in for source. cause the game is pretty sad. i just suggested if yall want to start the server in india.

here is the fragshack current cs 1.6 server ip - 202.88.131.139:27015
sgwar cs 1.6 server ip - 203.81.39.56:27022

really sad server u got there rave. i decided to play the crappy game source for tp. got kicked by ur teammate ti virus who has a bad attitude & thinks he is too good cause he has the rcon.

stormblast said:
really sad server u got there rave. i decided to play the crappy game source for tp. got kicked by ur teammate ti virus who has a bad attitude & thinks he is too good cause he has the rcon.
Yaar, storm, i am really sorry about the behaviour of Virus, hes a lame guy with no control over his anger, ill see to it that this dosent happen in the future, and please dont let this affect u in any way, Ti is an aspiring clan, u just had the convo with the wrong person of the clan thats it, please continue to play [play on our server :D :D] and keep rocking :)

am game.. but first need some help..

I did a recent re-install of Win XP on another drive. and now Steam deosnt seem to recognise the CSS installation. Do i have to do a re-install of the game and download all the updates again? or is there another way of doing stuff?

just save ur steamapp folder somewhere,
now install steam, and log in using ur id
now exit steam
go to the valve folder where u installed steam, and replace the steamapp folder with the old one u saved, thats it, it will recognise it :)

Rave said:
just save ur steamapp folder somewhere,

now install steam, and log in using ur id

now exit steam

go to the valve folder where u installed steam, and replace the steamapp folder with the old one u saved, thats it, it will recognise it :)

u meant SteamApps folder? that folder alone is 4.8GB in size :p

if i reinstall the game in the existing folder itself I wud lose all the updated files i suppose.

@ Mask, i think wat Rave says is correct.
Copy ur Steamapps folder to some other location and then reinstall game , after that u can replace the new steamapps folder with the old one. that way u neednt dload the updates all over again.

Back