Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Transcedence : 7/10
3000 Miles to Graceland (Amazing to see Russell / Costner / Slater : share screen time) : 8/10
Filmistaan : 8/10

Mary Kom : 6/10 : too much emotional drama, boxing matches are too unreal. But yeah, PC's acting is good, and so are others.
(you'd miss nothing if you skip this :D)

Mary Kom - 5/10 (The marks are only for PC, her coach and the boxing federation head honcho)

Having watched Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Mary Kom would be depressed after seeing her biopic. A living legend deserves something much much better.
Too much emotional drama.

Honestly did felt after watching the trailer, that what could have Mary Kom done about the movie, if she thought it was poor/masala in nature.
She'd be happy that something has come up which depicts her and tells about her hardships. Maybe not too much of a movie connoisseur, she might have missed out the intricacies, or even if she felt that people latched onto the project to bask in her reflected glory, she wouldnt have been able to object.
Indian movie industry needs to seriously pull its socks up. Already the top athletes are driven by motivation and are without proper support.. and bad movies will only hurt their cause. Movie people being movie people.. will only care about their silver screen.

X Men 2014 - 8.3/10
This one was good! Last few minutes were very impressive.

The Secret In their eyes - 7.7/10
Good watch.

Revanche - 7.7/10
Slow, but worth it. Ending's arrival was unexpected, but very aptly done.

God Of Gamblers - 7.7/10
Nice HK drama. Chow Yun Fat was genuinely impressive.

Bandit Queen - 7.6/10
Seema Biswas and Mangal Pandey steal the show. Movie could have been a bit better.

Last edited:
The Possession of Michael King - 7/10 . Strong in parts but a bit slow. The actor is brilliant as most of the movie is just him. good effort.

Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - wtf/10
Excruciating watch. The runtime of ~150 Minutes seems almost never ending.

Ek Thi Daayan - 6/10
The build up was good. But the last 15 minutes ruined the movie.

Guardians of the galaxy ;- 8/10

A typical marvel flick, enjoyable without unnecessary heavy handed "dark and gritty"-ness, also Andy Dwyer arguing with a raccoon in space is always welcome. Here's hoping we get to see the parks department of Xandar in the sequel.

Finding Fanny: 8.5/10

Has its flaws but did not feel like I was watching a movie made in India. The camera angles are artistic and someone who loves the romance genre would love it. Although, it's not a movie for the masses and will not be appealing to majority of the crowd.

Yes, Deepika is trying to reveal of whatever she has, but fails to even draw a cleavage line. :p Although the beauty of her skin is mesmerizing!

All in all, the acting is awesome. The seniors steal the limelight in acting. Go for it with an open mind and enjoy the way Karma plays. :)

Finally got time to watch some movies this weekend

Edge of Tomorrow : 8.5/10
Best movie this season hands down, went in with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Although the concept isn't anything new it's the tight screenplay, Emily Blunt and a ragdoll Tom Cruise that makes it a must watch for sci-fi fans.
Transformers - Age of Extinction : 2/10
If EoT was a rollercoaster ride this felt like one in a rickshaw on a pothole ridden road. Michael Bay is literally mocking the viewers and laughing all the way to the bank. The usual bimbo in distress, mindless explosions, cringeworthy humor, intolerable personalities (that soldier autobot and the ceo), recycled graphics (After one point of time all transformer movies turn into the same display of flying 'bhangaar'). This has turned into the Call of Duty of hollywood, mediocre at best and still goes onto make a bazillion dollars. I heard he's outdone himself with TMNT, i'll still watch it though to see how he's ruining these old cartoons.
How To Train Your Dragon 2 : 7.5/10
One of the better animated movies in recent years, I'm really terrible with remembering movie details but I still enjoyed watching this. The colors, textures and lighting are all great.
The Inbetweeners 2 : 5.5/10
Second movie based on a show i used to watch. Nothing special just tp.

The Maze Runner - 8/10 . A great watch. A simple no nonsense action thriller sci fi. Good change from the usual.

Maze Runner : 8/10.. Definitely a good watch. Just a little dissappointed with the end.
Daawat-e-Ishq - 7/10... One time watch. Average Flick. Nothing about food.

Coherence : 8.5/10... Really good movie. Starts slowly but soon becomes a thriller and gripper. You can't stop watching until end. End was apt but wanted to see little more..

Back