Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

But y u gave honeymoon 0/10 ? I m planning to watch it ... is it dat bad ?

Yeah, I do think it is that bad.... atleast I did nt waste too much money on it, watched it on a dvd....

better avoid it... but then just my 2 cents...

Saw Ringu yesterday night..its the jap original Ringu which was copied into 'the ring'... must say, its scarier than the english cover but i still like the cursed video of the english version more than the jap one...;) Tht one's really spooky n weird but the jap one is kinda meek..

^^ Ryan, if you liked the Jap flick, try some of Takashi Miike's work..Odishon & Koroshiya 1 are must watchs..

Last movie seen: Turistas : 4/10

Starts well but tapers off within half an hour..And though Turistas has been touted as "better" than Hostel, I'd strongly disagree..Hostel may have been the height of gore to some, it was just okay for me. Turistas, compared to it,is so lame...The movie had some cheap scares but gore..No way! :no:

aka911 said:
Khosla ka ghosla: 9.5/10

they shud have sent Khosla ka Ghosla as official entry to oscars ( ).... do watch it if u can, it's a brilliant work....
Seriously, one of the best Hindi movies ever made. Perfectly captures the north Indian psych, specifically the Delhi-Haryanvi side.

The best black comedy since Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron. No more of the retarded loud haha-huhu crap which has become the Bollywood definition of comedy.

^ Yeah and d best part is it does not have any superstars , probably dats d reason it has been so well made coz it has real actors instead of stars !!

AMD4Life said:
^^ Ryan, if you liked the Jap flick, try some of Takashi Miike's work..Odishon & Koroshiya 1 are must watchs..

Though i'm not a big fan of jap movies, i watched Ringu, Ju-on(the grudge) and Darkwater(jap version) just for the spook factor..;) Btw, i must say tht after watching Ringu properly start to end..i'm having second thoughts..its apparently not as scary as ppl think..it has achieved a cult status but i really didnt see anything tht spooked me out of my skin... I think Gore Verbinski did a much better job with the cover...for first time, it really was scary to say the least.. i didnt get the same feeling watching the original..

Gore did much better job with the deformed faces, boo moments and special effects.. the horse ranch angle to the story was much more realistic than the soothsayer story of the jap version...

I find Ju-on to be better on boo-factor, but it isnt one the most brilliant examples of story telling..;) Infact it has a very poor story to back up the spooks..

Darkwater (jap version, dont know the jap name of the movie) was better than these two in story department and had a few brilliant spook scenes..

Of these three, i'd rate them as follows..
1. Ju-on - 8/10 spooks.. 3/10 story
2. Darkwater - 7/10 spooks... 6/10 story
3. Ringu - 4/10 spooks... 5/10 story

Btw, i'll definitely take a look at Odishon n Koroshiya.. Odishon seems to have an interesting story..;)

AMD4Life said:
^^ It sure has and by the end of the movie, when the credits start rolling you'll just be lost in your thoughts..Brilliant!

Hey btw, i heard tht there are a few animal cruelty scenes (related to a dog) in Odishon..is it true..?? Cos if it is, i'll have to skip this flick.. a hardcore animal lover at heart, its really hard for me to even see a fake and staged scene of cruelty done to animals on screen.. it sends a very wrong message to ppl.. all tht and more when there is already so much cruelty done to animals around the world.. :no: Dont care much about the human body count on screen,though..:p

The other day i heard of this gruesome horror flick called Cannibal Holocaust directed by an Italian guy...the movie was released in 1980 and still no other movie has come even remotely close to it in gore, carnage and viscera. It has some very disturbing scenes of actual gruesome killings of animals shot on tape.. (and not to mention creative ways if maiming and killings humans) ..

the director was arrested soon after for the visceral scenes in the movie which was hard to digest for even the most cold hearted.. but the movie soon achieved the cult status among undergrounders...and to this date is actively discussed on many gore lovers' forums...

I was stunned to see the number of seeds and leechers for this movie on torrent sites..these ppl are sick fncks..really..:no:

Saw 3 : 8.6/10

Goriest.Movie.Ever.

At least in Mainstream Hollywood, don't see it if you are grossed easily.

300 : 10/10.

have seen it twice in theaters now.

The Green Mile : 10/10.

Coming from the makers of Shawshank Redemption, this isn't a surprise, and Tom Hanks was wonderful.

Private Ryan said:
Hey btw, i heard tht there are a few animal cruelty scenes (related to a dog) in Odishon..is it true..??

The other day i heard of this gruesome horror flick called Cannibal Holocaust..

Yes Odishon has the dog torture scene..So if its a cause for concern, don't watch it! But ya its like way towards the end..

Have seen both Canibal Holocaust & Cannibal Ferox back-to-back..Liked the second one more..No seriously!!

Params7 said:
Saw 3 : 8.6/10

Goriest.Movie.Ever.

If I may pls be allowed to change your mind on that : Watch Hei tai yang 731 (Men Behind the Sun)

Ryan, This one's also not for you! There's a "cat" scene here!

Back