Queries related to passport

Its been 20 days since they processed my application at PSK, now status says "Pending physical verification at your respective Thana" ... How much more time it should take ??

Shouldn't we make a note of all bribe-askers (from policemen to post-office men) at ipaidabribe.com

The website would KRASH maan :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1377623001][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its been 20 days since they processed my application at PSK, now status says "Pending physical verification at your respective Thana" ... How much more time it should take ??

Visit you local thana and enquire about your file (they are taking their own sweet time)

:) Exactly one month since my appointment with the passport office, my status today shows as "despatched via Speed Post". Should receive it probably by tomorrow or the day after.

Is changing address in passport require to reapply? Its chargable? I got passport recently-3 months back.

Yes you will have to make a new application and pay up 1500 Rs and also your passport number will change when you get your new passport. And since it is change in address, police verification will happen.

.. And since it is change in address, police verification will happen.
This cursing me, not paying money again. I'm residing in rented home in X city & wish to enrol for home in Y city (hometown) which is vacant at present. Thnking to opt changing address for daughter medical admission in LOCAL quota in HOMETOWN.

I guess the "happy money" part depends on person to person basis. But I think the rule is the passport isn't handed over to anyone except the person to whom it belongs.
Again location to location these things might vary and also depends on people. We can just hope for the best !!

Exactly. When I had reapplied for my passport when it had expired, I went with my father to meet the postman of my area who delivers the passport. He was a young man of maybe my age and I politely requested him to deliver the passport to my father and he happily obliged without issues. The passport was delivered, no questions asked.

During the police verification however, since I wasn't at my hometown at that time, my father had to go to the station, he called me from his cellphone and handed it over to the cop with the application who then asked me some random vague questions like why are you at Surat now, what do you do there, have you committed any crimes before (WTF!), we shall see if this passport has to be renewed or not and hung up! Must be for formality sake.

Folks,
A colleague of mine has this weird issue.
He is not a native resident of Chennai, lives in a rented apartment, and has been working here for the past 2 years.

Now, he doesn't have a passport yet, but wants to apply for one.
He is from a small village in Bihar, and there's no-one back home for him. Parents died or something, I didn't ask.
He does have a sister who is studying in some college in Delhi.

Now, how does a person like him go about applying for a passport?
Can he apply from Chennai? If yes, what all documents will he be needing as residence proof? Any ideas?

Any pointers will be most appreciated fellas. Feel free to post any questions related to this issue and I shall clarify.
Thanks & Cheers!

@Sourav

Your friend can apply from Chennai. Give the rented apartment as address for the passport. For proof, he needs to submit the agreement copy, most probably notarized, check the passport website for details on that. For id proof he can give anything like PAN Card etc.

@Sourav

Your friend can apply from Chennai. Give the rented apartment as address for the passport. For proof, he needs to submit the agreement copy, most probably notarized, check the passport website for details on that. For id proof he can give anything like PAN Card etc.
For a Rented Apartment i guess one will need to take a NOC from the owner or the landlord of the Property..

@Sourav , A letter from the employer too would be helpful, hope he is with a MNC.
First ask in what mode he plans to apply, Normal or Tatkal; even if you apply in chennai in normal mode passport gets dispatched in 20days. I have the examples as myself, though i had to make some documents. Also ask his dob!

Tell him to put it through normal mode. he has to have either a driving license or Voters ID card, a year telephone bills, a year bank account statements for the same address based in Chennai, please take note the PSK at Saligramam does not accept PAN card as a proof.
As rakrules and destiny pointed out, you should have a NOC intact from your house owner, and make sure that he has lived in one address at least for a whole year

Yes the 1 year living in that rented flat is important. Forgot to mention that.
He can get his address changed in bank account to this rented flat and then take a bank statement of 1 year also as address proof. More documents the better.

Yes the 1 year living in that rented flat is important. Forgot to mention that.
He can get his address changed in bank account to this rented flat and then take a bank statement of 1 year also as address proof. More documents the better.
I GUESS THE BANK THESE DAYS DONT CHANGE ADDRESS IN PASSBOOK IF PEOPLE ARE LIVING ON A RENTED APARTMENT....
RENT AGREEMENT PAPERS ARE NOT REGISTERED SO THEY DONT STAND AS LEGAL PROOF
THEY JUST STAND AS NORMAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES

But if the rental agreement is a registered one then ? I think it costs something like 4-5k to make a registered rental agreement.
Even mine is not registered but on a 500 Rs stamp paper. But earlier i have done registered one as well.

But if the rental agreement is a registered one then ? I think it costs something like 4-5k to make a registered rental agreement.
Even mine is not registered but on a 500 Rs stamp paper. But earlier i have done registered one as well.
If registered then it stands as a Valid Document..
If its not registered the 500 rs stamp paper has no value like the 100 Rs Stamp paper.
Its like a Mutual understanding between the buyer and seller and stands as a formality that we have done some paper work..

If u are taken a flat for rental in mahda or any Government Apartment the document is made as CARETAKER.

Back