Queries related to passport

Why did you gave 2 different address ? IF they found the address are not same they will cancel it and you would have to pay a penalty for it and submit the application again

I repeat .... at no stage did I ever give any other address (say the Borivali one) or submit any document to substantiate the same at the PSK.

I remember checking very carefully all the data fields that were entered at the PSK - and all were correct including my Andheri address.

The Ration Card (which has the Borivali Address) was submitted to the Police Thana only because they asked for it & I presume it was for reasons to indicate how long were we residents of Mumbai + to establish the fact that Me + my wife + my daughter were one family & Nothing else. Again for address proof to the Police we submitted the same documents that were submitted to the PSK - Reliance Energy Electric Bill (having both mine & wifes name) and MTNL Landline Bill - these have the Andheri Address!!!

So why does your Ratio Card has different address ?

The Ration Card is the oldest proof of mine & my families existence in Mumbai from 1968 (although my Mom's historical roots in Mumbai go back to 1835 :rolleyes:)- The Borivali flat belongs to my parents (both of whom have passed away); the flat still exists. I moved out from that flat in 2005-6 to Andheri. The said Ration Card was last updated in 2002 (after my daughter was born).
We have not cancelled or got that old Ration card's address changed. At no point did I submit the Ration Card as 'proof of address' - as I have enough documents to show about my current address at Andheri. I also do not have 'Domicile Certificate' ....... I am sure that no one in their right-frame of mind would even consider using the ration-card address as my 'current address' - especially when adequate and most recent (including a year back - bills and docs were submitted ) for address proof.

Does anyone have any experience from getting more detailed information from the PSK Call Center Toll Free number - I called them only once and they were pathetic. I would like to know 'what address is actually printed on my passport'.

I am now worried about my daughter's & wife's passports.

THE PSK WEBSITE UPDATE IS NOT ACCURATE AT ALL [expecially after your passport goes for printing] - I have submitted proof [Speedpost tracking] that mine was sent for despatch already. I still have not received that 'sms with the tracking' information. I am so bloody confused.[DOUBLEPOST=1376031697][/DOUBLEPOST]UPDATE - I JUST SPOKE TO MY BROTHER ....... HE IS NOT SURE WHAT the speedpost intimation letter contains ..... So mebbe he goofed up :banghead::coldfeet::mad: @dinjo
There is a possibility that it is my passport OR

some other 'document'...... :sour:

So I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I have no clue whatsoever - as no mails at all of mine go to the Borivali Address.

Last edited:
@dinjo Not everyone has every document which states their present address. My permanent address is in Pondicherry, but for the past 7 years I have been just visiting there occasionally. For over 4 years, I was in Indore, and then for the last 2 years I am working in a place near Erode in TN. So I have submitted my current telephone bill and bank account statements as proof of address. If someone asks my ration card, or voter id card or aadhaar card, they will all reflect my permanent address only. I believe @terence_fdes is facing the same issue. However, what is not understandable is that he has specifically given the same address as current and permanent addresses. In that case, how did the passport office manage to send the passport to the old address, which he says he has never mentioned in his application form?

@dinjo ....I believe @terence_fdes is facing the same issue. However, what is not understandable is that he has specifically given the same address as current and permanent addresses. In that case, how did the passport office manage to send the passport to the old address, which he says he has never mentioned in his application form?

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, there might be an error of judgement by my brother & me too and I 'jumped the gun' - the speedpost intimation note 'just could' be wrong and this is not the passport that has gone to my old address. I am further handicapped that today being a National Holiday - nothing ever - the status of which will be updated.
- The speedpost could be anything else
- And yet - in the past 5 years or more I have NOT RECEIVED ANY such mail/parcel at my old address AT ALL.

This is a mystery to me which I hope to resolve by tomorrow morning 10 am.

@terence_fdes sad to see such events happening. wt would you tell a case where even after the passport being delivered at a correct address at borivali after 15 solid days working days. Passport website status still mentioned as not dispatched!
Point 7; why the second thought ; the address that you would have verified at the counter A by the TCS people only will be printed, please note it will not be your permanent address but your present address only. As I faced the similar situation. Will update as mine is processed.

Live Update from Malad PSK

Cleared counter A almost immediately after all the biometrics and verification of data. Now sitting for counter B.
Things are appearing to be smooth at present.
If your reporting time is not up don't bother showing up at the PSK. You won't be allowed inside.

Out of PSK in flat 30 minutes. My turns at counter and A and C came very fast. For B I had to wait.
But now I have concerns about 2 things

1. The lady at counter C wrote with her pen "Reissue, same day" and something else. My old passport has been stamped cancelled and retuned. I hope the validity is increased.

2. The verification mode for police verification is POST which means verification will happen after the passport had been issued. Does this actually happen ? I had hoped that no police verification will happen. :(

@logistopath @terence_fdes

Just checked my passport application on the MEAIndia app on my phone and it says

Police Verification has been initiated on Post PV basis to SP Office, District Mumbai. Printing of your passport is in progress at the Passport office.

Last edited by a moderator:
While applying for USA H1B dependent visa does the dependent passport needs to have his/her Spouse name and Spouse residence address.

In my case my wife passport is having her fathers address and our both passport doesn't have each others spouse name.

So please suggest should I update my wife passport with my residence address and my name in Spouse section.

While applying for USA H1B dependent visa does the dependent passport needs to have his/her Spouse name and Spouse residence address.

In my case my wife passport is having her fathers address and our both passport doesn't have each others spouse name.

So please suggest should I update my wife passport with my residence address and my name in Spouse section.

Nothing like that needed. Her passport was made before marriage and has all her before marriage details. Still i was able to apply the H4 fine without any issues.

Now my passport status reads
Code:
Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/email once the passport is dispatched.

My application's status changed to

Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/email once the passport is dispatched.

How much time before i actually receive the SMS ?

Final Update :

Apologies to all TE folks as I had not updated things around here.... @raksrules ; @logistopath et al....

I finally received my passport yesterday (after 46 days from the start of the whole process). Application accepted at PSK 02/07/2013 - Passport Recd 16/08/2013
A Chronology of the last few events
1] A speedpost intimation at my Borivli (old) address received 2 weeks ago was something else [I never ended up claiming it].
2] Send for printing 03/08/2013
3] Printed 07/08/2013 & "sent for despatch - you will receive an sms/email when despatched"

I was extremely frustrated at the final stage "sent for despatch" as nothing progressed for more than 8 days. Calls at the Helpline daily were useless as they keep barking the same answer (the status of which is available online). Note it takes a good 20-25 minutes of holding on to the helpline before some operator takes your call.

4] Despatched status updated online on 16/08/2013 maybe at 8:00am with "Passport No & Speedpost Tracking No Available" .... I saw this update at 10:45 am. At 12:30 noon the same day it was delivered at home - 4 hours later.
Note: I had notified my local PO & Postman of the urgency of my pp earlier.
Scanned & Uploaded my pp details to Malaysia in 15 mins. [I have already lost out by a 8-10 days reporting to duty owing to the crazy delay in receiving my pp]

5] The final Irony
SMS and Email about My Passport Despatch received at 10:02 pm with speedpost tracking no :banghead: (I had already received my pp 10 hours earlier)

However I am relieved.

Terry

P.S: I guess my wife's and daughter's pp would be delivered by next Thursday.

Finally @terence_fdes can breathe "one" sigh of relief. My passport is still being dispatched. Given I am in Pune, not sure how lethargic the PSK people will be to dispatch my PP via speed post. Waiting anxiously !!

@djmykey ; @raksrules ; @logistopath ..... Further unsolvable mysteries about PSK's functioning continue to boggle me :banghead::rolleyes:

My wife received her pp this afternoon - just 3 days after her last status

Of course - none of the above sms/email has been received)
My wife's police verification etc was done 6 days after my own. So it goes to say that no one can predict the precise number of days for a fresh pp job to be completed.

Daughters is pending.

EDIT - FURTHER BLOOPERS (just checked status online) !!!!!!!!!

MY WIFE'S ONLINE STATUS IS STILL SHOWING

Whereas - we have received her passport !!!!!!

Ok so the online status is pretty bogus after it changes to "passport is printed.....". Do the speedpost guys leave a slip or something if no one is at home ?

.....Do the speedpost guys leave a slip or something if no one is at home ?

Yes... they always do that. Usually they do not make a second attempt at delivery.

However you are then expected to go to your local Post Office (this will be mentioned in the Speedpost Intimation note) and collect your pp within the stipulated days (15).

Back