Putting CCTV Signal in an residential complex for owners to see CCTV feed

The output of the cctv will be attached to the cable wire using a modulator ( that's what I think it is called, costing 2.5 k or so) and the frequency is to be set for a channel, say for example no. 3. Now behind the stb there is one cable out that needs to go in your tv like we used to connect before stb. Now when you wanna watch the cctv feed you shall switch to channel no. 3 and for your cable you will be using AV.
Tried to explain, hope it helps.
Have tried to arrange modulator lying with someone, shall upload the pics if possible.

The output of the cctv will be attached to the cable wire using a modulator ( that's what I think it is called, costing 2.5 k or so) and the frequency is to be set for a channel, say for example no. 3. Now behind the stb there is one cable out that needs to go in your tv like we used to connect before stb. Now when you wanna watch the cctv feed you shall switch to channel no. 3 and for your cable you will be using AV.
Tried to explain, hope it helps.
Have tried to arrange modulator lying with someone, shall upload the pics if possible.

DVRs are chain connected DVR2 to DVR1 to PC
So the cable coming from DVR1 is to be connected to to the modulator or the output that I am getting from my PC to be displayed on the TV has to be connected to the Modulator ?
Thanks for advising

Why not just stream your cctv footage to a password/key secured website on the internet, and let people log into the the site to view the feeds at their own cost?
It'll reduce your initial costs, decrease the amount of maintenance you need to do, lower your monthly power bills, and keep your points of failures down to a reasonable number.

^why should he do all that when they were already streaming it through cable as a channel?
He will save lot more money and headaches if he can utilize the cable lines in his building. Also possibly they are already familiar with maintaining cable feed. No need to run after other technology which will do same thing in a roundabout manner.

Why not just stream your cctv footage to a password/key secured website on the internet, and let people log into the the site to view the feeds at their own cost?
It'll reduce your initial costs, decrease the amount of maintenance you need to do, lower your monthly power bills, and keep your points of failures down to a reasonable number.

As I have mentioned earlier, the internet connections have pathetic upload speed and also have a recurring cost.
So If the cable TV works out, there is nothing like it

Our order of preference would be
1. Existing Cable TV network
2. Limited area Wireless network
3. Internet based system

Thanks for advising

Shravan, how is the computer connected to the dvr if the cable guy wants to play a pirated movie? Maybe if you connect your pc in same manner, you can transmit signal unencrypted (no stb required) through existing lines. TV's have tuner which will tune to the frequency automatically when RCA socket is connected.

Shravan, how is the computer connected to the dvr if the cable guy wants to play a pirated movie? Maybe if you connect your pc in same manner, you can transmit signal unencrypted (no stb required) through existing lines. TV's have tuner which will tune to the frequency automatically when RCA socket is connected.

I could not understand your question.
Previously when we did not have the stb system, we had 2 CCTV camera feeds which were streamed into the existing cable tv network using a modulator device
There were 2 dedicated channels for the same, and the residents could see the feeds when they wanted by tuning on those channels
Since the stbs have become compulsory, I think those feeds have stopped
There was a dedicated channel for the pirated movies also which the cable guy used to run from his place, not from our complex

I could not understand your question.
Previously when we did not have the stb system, we had 2 CCTV camera feeds which were streamed into the existing cable tv network using a modulator device
There were 2 dedicated channels for the same, and the residents could see the feeds when they wanted by tuning on those channels
Since the stbs have become compulsory, I think those feeds have stopped
There was a dedicated channel for the pirated movies also which the cable guy used to run from his place, not from our complex

The feeds should be available over the regular tv tuner on the same channel as earlier and all you have to do is put the cable wire from stb to tv tuner.

So you will probably need to connect output from PC to modulator and modulator to whatever transmits signal over cable. Cable guys uses digital stb so his signals are probably encrypted. Your camera signals won't bother his TV signals if the frequency is unused.

Owner of the Cable agency not responding. Busy in transition of customers from Analog to STB, i think
Hoping to hear from him over the weekend
Will post the discussions

The Cable TV owner was out
Has responded yesterday
It is possible to put the thumbnails on the Feed for 4 channels for the owners to see even through STB
We have to isolate 4 channels from the PC and give the feed into the Modulator that he has installed which we want to broadcast.
Is it possible to isolate the 4 channels and also will the output of the pc be the same format as that is required for transmission on CCTV channels ?

Thanks for advising

Back