PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

I'm not sure which version you were previously using, but mine was a very neanderthal version of miltiMAN which I had installed during my Kmeaw phase. So for me, it was a giant leap when I got the latest bunch of updates. Most notable change is the interface which looks really amazing and is absolutely smooth. Besides that the discless compatibility has increased, accessing NTFS partition is much easier through file manager, games which require firmware above 4.30 can be patched directly at launch, temperatures can now be monitored, PSX games can be loaded and yes, from the recent change-log, it does seems like you can switch Blu-Ray region coding too. So yes, it's miles better than what it was before. I almost have a hard time catching up with it's updates.
great!! will check out tonight n update here!! thanks ethan hunt!!

edit:Done with installing 4.20 multiman..its amazing and BD region change missing from previous version is now available!!

Curious to ask this from PS3 JB experts.I got a PS3 from a friend and its a PHAT VERSION.Came with 3.42 OFW and he upgraded to 3.72. Currently the hard drive is 80GB and i am planning to upgrade it to a 750GB. Its a JB that i should do and then upgrade the hard drive or should i upgrade the hard drive first and then revert to 3.55 CFW using the flasher. Please help .

Okay,so i upgrade the hard drive after talking a back up of everything on it.Then which FW do i need to update to,3.72 or higher .. ?

Post your hard drive update, you can either install the same firmware, which existed prior to the upgrade, or a higher one (if connected to the Internet). So it's your choice really. If you still have the 3.72 update PUP file with you, then you can stay on that firmware, else connected to the Internet and download the latest one; 4.40.

Rogero CFW4.40 v1.02

v1.00 (initial build)
v1.01 (private beta build)
This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver: 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40
Added the Cinavia Patched Video Player to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content.
Added the needed patches for the Original "*Install Package Files" Credits to Szalay and "hidden Man".
HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW will re-install without any problem.
Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support.
Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support.
QA Flag enabled by default to allow for easier downgrading using Recovery Menu.
RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won't fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current "passphrase" still the same but it's not recommended.
It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.40 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed.
The CFW can be used directly for Downgrading with Hardware flashers using the new tool "PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher v0.04".

Im still on 3.55 cfw, playing games using patches but find it troublesome to use those fixes and all.

So shall I update to 4.40 rogero? or 4.30?
Anyone updated to 4.40 please guide me.

Also, will I be able to play legitimate games requiring 4.30 after this?

Yep. Just install it from the XMB's system update. You don't need to install QA toggle, if you're console hasn't been downgraded.

Just connect to the Internet directly? Now that you're firmware is in sync with the latest update on PSN, you should ideally be able to log-in directly. However, keep in mind, that the chances of getting your console banned is extremely high.

Played fifa 13 online on psn, very smooth , much much better than that on PC using origins :/

But keeping my console wifi off for now, as I play legit games too, might get banned.

Played fifa 13 online on psn, very smooth , much much better than that on PC using origins :/

But keeping my console wifi off for now, as I play legit games too, might get banned.
Its a huge risk man...once the console id is banned only thing one can do is buy a new console to play online. Or am i wrong? Is there way to change/hide our original console id n replace it with random one n play online whenever we want to? :p

Sent from Nexus 4 :p

I dunno man, been off the scene for too long.
Its a risk no doubt.
But I had to play a match with one of my twitter mate who kept on bragging abt how good he was.

Even Getting Banned after beating him 6-3 on Fifa.
TOTALLY WORTH IT :D

Just connect to the Internet directly? Now that you're firmware is in sync with the latest update on PSN, you should ideally be able to log-in directly. However, keep in mind, that the chances of getting your console banned is extremely high.
Is there any other way with no banning risk??
What is reactpsn??
And someone saying we can play in rebug 4.30
It spoofs psn id

Is there any other way with no banning risk??
What is reactpsn??
And someone saying we can play in rebug 4.30
It spoofs psn id

There is no risk-free way of going online. You'll always be a soft-target if you're on CFW and this shouldn't come as a surprise.

ReactPSN, from what I understand, is a tool which allows you to activate the license of the PSN content on your PS3 for offline play, which would otherwise require PSN to be validated.

I have no experience in the spoofing area, never tried it, never plan to either. Why would you want to go through a spoof when there is a CFW which matches the latest official Sony firmware?

Back