PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

@varkey & @dinjo I gave up trying with pogo plug... simply don`t know the installing and the linux code..

Sincere request - It will be so helpful if any one can do it for me, I stay in Pune. If required I can ship to your door step and pay the returning charges too...

Else I don`t have any option but to put it in FS section.

Please guys help me out.

Calling all "Pune" members for help...
What exact help do you want ? Its pretty straight forward you just drop the tarball in your usb and boot debian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Migrating to debian :-

1. Download the debian tarball from here - http://pogoplug.cwsurf.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15 the filehost is really slow but you have to live with it.
2. Extract in ubuntu or any other linux distro make sure you do sudo su - and then extract - tar -zxvf filename
3. Add the mac address in /etc/network/interfaces
4. Re-generate the keys - http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-regenerate-openssh-host-keys/
5. apt-update will download the update and then apt-upgrade

I did not have a single issue with debian so far every package i have tried to install works flawlessly you may not get the latest version but you can always compile it but you need to make a effort on reading the docs.

username - root
password - root

If you still can't get it working let me know but atleast try first.

There is a workaround to install even latest versions on Debian. I tried that with transmission and it worked. You need to do something in app update list or something.

Guys I am really confused as to which one to buy. I want the the following - 1. Ability to download via torrents directly to connected HDD 2. Ability to stream content over wi-fi to my PS3 3. Can I access HDD contents from anywhere over the Internet? 4. Use a Linux version with small footprint, and somewhat easy to use Thats basically what I want from the device. Should I get the Pogoplug POGO-P21 or Pogoplug POGO-V4-A1-01 Mobile for iPhone/iPad And Android Devices or Pogoplug Series 4? Or should I just get a Raspberry Pi?

@varkey It's for 3499 a pop. Agreed that would be easier but then the most expensive Pogo model is coming to 1800 a pop for me. And someone's getting it for me from the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back