Car & Bike Please suggest family hatchback under 5L

Of course, grand is better in many ways but the best price that was offered to me in Pune was 5.55L for magna. Still I'll visit other showrooms and check with them.
bro negotiate hard and check other showrooms ! or il get u a grand for 4.85 - registration cost and you just get it transported there to pune for like 10-15k. can u post how much grand costs to register there ? here in delhi i paid approx 25k for registration , 15k for insurance and rest cost of car. total 4.88.

You got the grand i10 magna variant for 4.88? I knew Pune prices were higher but this is huge. When did you get this?
Isnt it adding up close to 5.5 on road that you are already looking into? (minus the hassle of getting it shipped and completing the registration formalities etc all by yourself)

You got the grand i10 magna variant for 4.88? I knew Pune prices were higher but this is huge. When did you get this?
oct 2015, in dec my frnd bought as well at 4.85[DOUBLEPOST=1454485050][/DOUBLEPOST]
Isnt it adding up close to 5.5 on road that you are already looking into? (minus the hassle of getting it shipped and completing the registration formalities etc all by yourself)
my 4.88 price is on road only . nothing extra paid.

my 4.88 price is on road only . nothing extra paid.
If so, cant you get it unregistered and transport it reducing the cost on both road tax and registration fees there? I donno if this is possible.

Otherwise the OP is spending the equivalent amount if not more for what was already quoted to him by re-registering and paying the road tax in Pune.

If so, cant you get it unregistered and transport it reducing the cost on both road tax and registration fees there? I donno if this is possible.

Otherwise the OP is spending the equivalent amount if not more for what was already quoted to him by re-registering and paying the road tax in Pune.
yes of course. you wont deregister it . What one will do is not register it in the first place and just get a Temp number .

yes of course. you wont deregister it . What one will do is not register it in the first place and just get a Temp number .
Thanks for the offer but that's too much hassle I guess.
Even considering they jacked up the prices this year, the difference is quite big. I'm assuming the dealers have a lot of margin then. I guess I'll just go ahead and try to negotiate.

Dude.. Any vehicle when bought new will include the registration amount for that state in the on road price. Which also means the dealer will process your registration of the vehicle on your behalf. Now if you want to use that vehicle in a different state, ideally you are supposed to get an NOC from RTA of the currently registered state, transport the vehicle and re-register in the new state and also pay the full life time road tax.

Now my question is, will they except the registration cost and the road taxes and give you the vehicle if you tell them you will get it registered? Also, the op will have to check the procedure to transport an unregistered vehicle. :)

Also, the op will have to check the procedure to transport an unregistered vehicle. :)
Not thinking on this line mate.
But what's possible is that I try to negotiate the price by vising various dealers. Just called up another Hyundai dealer and he quoted a slightly higher price even after discount compared to the earlier one. I'll just try to negotiate face-to-face.

Dude.. Any vehicle when bought new will include the registration amount for that state in the on road price. Which also means the dealer will process your registration of the vehicle on your behalf. Now if you want to use that vehicle in a different state, ideally you are supposed to get an NOC from RTA of the currently registered state, transport the vehicle and re-register in the new state and also pay the full life time road tax.

Now my question is, will they except the registration cost and the road taxes and give you the vehicle if you tell them you will get it registered? Also, the op will have to check the procedure to transport an unregistered vehicle. :)
Not at all . you can get any car without paying any registration fees or even insurance. what you will need is just a temp registration which dealer charge 1000-1500 to run it on road.

This especially happens with people buying bmw's etc from their fav dealer in delhi or whichever city they live and then go register the car in state with cheapest registration and save a few lakhs.

Not thinking on this line mate.
But what's possible is that I try to negotiate the price by vising various dealers. Just called up another Hyundai dealer and he quoted a slightly higher price even after discount compared to the earlier one. I'll just try to negotiate face-to-face.
Thats what I thought too :)

Nope, it is not compulsory for the dealer to get your car registered and insured, you can get delivery on temporary plates and later register in your own state. But all this hassle is worth it only for expensive cars where you can save few lakhs not a small hatchback

Negotiated with couple of more Hyundai dealers. Offered me Grand i10 magna for 5.16L. I think this is what I'll finalize as everyone in family likes it. Thanks Mr India for making me realize that the dealers actually have a big margin.
one more thing , some dealers charge a handling charge like 6-7k that they might have mentioned in price breakup. Get that removed by telling dealer its not to be done , if he refuses call and email hyundai corporate customer care. you may save 6-7 k more. also check VIN of ur car ( its mentioned under driver seat near the mat) to get manufacturing month and year . also dont buy any car manufactured before oct 2015 or ask discount double to 10-20k more. dealers keep new cars dumped in their stockyards and if too old then they start getting rust etc.in underbody etc , also risk of rats making engine bay a home and chewing up wires due to standing all day and no use as cars are kept uncovered in dusty places. once u decide a car then only pay. 5.16 for magna seems ok for pune as tax i heard is lil higher there , u can confirm this.

Last edited:
check VIN of ur car ( its mentioned under driver seat near the mat) to get manufacturing month and year . also dont buy any car manufactured before oct 2015
He mentioned the date as Dec 2015, which I guess makes it a good buy. Still, I'll tag some friend along and visit the warehouse and then finalize the car, if that's possible. I'll keep the other stuff in mind. Thanks for the heads-up.

He mentioned the date as Dec 2015, which I guess makes it a good buy. Still, I'll tag some friend along and visit the warehouse and then finalize the car, if that's possible. I'll keep the other stuff in mind. Thanks for the heads-up.
dont trust the dealer till u see the VIN of the car in stockyard urself. its under the mat just below front driver seat. its a 16 digit alphanumeric code. www.vindecoderz.com/EN/HYUNDAI use this link or search on google if it dsnt work.

Will book the grand i10 magna twilight blue today. Thank you everyone for their inputs and patience with my queries.
Time to pick the accessories. The dealer gave me this list.
Music system: 14-18k - will opt for this later
3D floor mats or lamination: 3.5-4.5k - found these cheaper online
Seat covers: 5-8k - opting for this
Clear Shields for bumper and doors: 1k
3M (paint protection, underside rust protection, engine lamination): 7k - is this really needed? How helpful is this?

8k will get you rexin seat covers. They are horrible in the long run. Please avoid. Either buy proper leather or keep using the fabric seats. Rexin doesn't breathe and can get horrible in the summer heat.

As for the 3m stuff, only thing useful is 3m paint protection and sealant. However you are better off doing it outside in the aftermarket. There are much better options than 3m for this.

the 3d mats and protection both are overpriced. i bought 3d mats for 1.4k recently for my grand. also engine not to be laminated or anything. u can get paint protection and rusting protection done directly from 3m dealer later and it shud be cheaper, dealer charge their on added commission. go for rusting protect underbody spray only if u stay near sea or in place with high mosture/rains.

clear shield and covers ur call since u have seen quality with ur eyes. If u enjoy music get a music system from outside only, il suggest u the models.

Between mats and lamination, use mats.Make sure you get those carpet mats from your dealer and add after market mats on it (the transparent types over your carpet mats)
Anti Rust is a must, pls get it done the day you get the car. I suggest the 3M treatment. I stay sea-side and they have served me well.
Leather covers are 20k upwards. Considering how hot pune gets, cloth covers are a better option for you in my opinion. Artificial leather is a good option around 8k, but incase you intend to park in the open, they will get really hot.
Check for warranty issues incase you are getting after market installments. eg: Honda is lenient but VW straight out voids warranty. Dunno about Hyundai.
Congratulations :)

Back