OC & Modding *Official* TE SuperPi ScoreBoard !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harshal said:
Congrats... time to dust off my rusty hands soon.. I am not giving up that easy ;)
But not sure why you guys stopped after breaking my record?? Should've pushed a lil bit more man :D
To the spirit of keep pushing!!!

Amazing was just thinking when will you be back, :).....competition just getting tougher for you man, :hap2:

And amazing score there appo......keep pushing, I guess I will have to bring out my E8600 from the closet as well........

Appo... and backups?? Well whatever suits you. I am still finding a place to bench man... its tough to get a big enough room for LN2 benching. Home is out of question.. parents will kick me out :D

@ Banik, do you think so.. guys just got to where I was almost a year ago. May be I will get another E8600 just to beat his score as mine is running out of steam @ -107*c ;)

[hwbot] 17.300 sec-Phenom II X2 550 @ 4017 Mhz [206*19.5]- Sunbeam CCF - Biostar TA 790GXB A2+ - 4GB GSkill DDR2 @ 1098 5-5-5-15 - all air[/hwbot]

muc010.jpg

Don't forget to cool the vrm's on that board of ure going above 1.5 v on the cpu. The board adjusts cpu nb along with cpu volts automatically. So be careful.

im afraid bout the pwm area. itrs getting pretty hot during such OCs. The NB wont heatup coz ive connected twin 40mm fans to the heatsink. proccy temps didnt get past 48c even at 4Ghz+.

Get good quality heatsinks for the pwm and u will not regret it. U will see a lot of blown pwm's on mobos with passive or active cooling.

dOm1naTOr said:
[hwbot] 17.300 sec-Phenom II X2 550 @ 4017 Mhz [206*19.5]- Sunbeam CCF - Biostar TA 790GXB A2+ - 4GB GSkill DDR2 @ 1098 5-5-5-15 - all air[/hwbot]

nice one :)

but still room for improvement

[hwbot] 16.906s - Phenom II x2 550 @ 4147mhz - 237x17.5 - Biostar TA790GX A3+ - Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer - G.Skill PC10600 9-9-9 @ 791Mhz 1:1 7-8-7-20-1T [/hwbot]

^Surprisingly not a single score with the TRUE! I'm sure the TRUE might take it to just another level. And dominator, keep a high CFM fan blowing directly onto the PWM heatsink.

Having seen appo's bench setup, I can vouch for the phrase 'everything on AIR'. Lol that surely was!

^ Thanks, I reached 16.7s after getting some ideas from aditya ( apollyon ).. Actually, according to someone who shouldnt be named, I was running my NB at a very .. um.. "chindhi" voltage. In the BIOS, instead of auto, I set the CPU-NB VID to +.04 and the NB-VID to 1.1750v. not sure what both did, but just boosted them for stability.

Also, my NB and SB are still on passive.. with my RAM being actively cooled by an old P5WDH SB cooler that I had lying around.

Whats your bios ? Got the same board
monkee said:
^ Thanks, I reached 16.7s after getting some ideas from aditya ( apollyon ).. Actually, according to someone who shouldnt be named, I was running my NB at a very .. um.. "chindhi" voltage. In the BIOS, instead of auto, I set the CPU-NB VID to +.04 and the NB-VID to 1.1750v. not sure what both did, but just boosted them for stability.

Also, my NB and SB are still on passive.. with my RAM being actively cooled by an old P5WDH SB cooler that I had lying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back