Nexus 7 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think even in India 3G will be dead soon to be overthrown by 4G :p I say this because Airtel recently launched 4G LTE in Pune and I am supposedly getting a demo at home on Thursday morning ! :D

Can nexus 7 be used as phone with 3rd party application and usb modem? I didnt find worthwhile results on google. All were referring to VOIP. I am planning to get huawei 303 usb modem with micro sd slot. And calling functionality would be great with it.

4.2 is now available for nexus 7.

Edit, installed the 4.2 update. Decent amount of new features.

yGNUX.png

xtsfC.png

gVqi3.png

4RvLo.png

I am not able to update my rooted nexus 7 with stock rom and CWM recovery. Where is the system update file downloaded by default? Can the same file be used for installation from CWM or i need to download some different file manually? I didnt face such problem last time for small system update. It started in recovery mode and even asked whether to stick to CWM recovery or restore stock one while updating.

I am not able to update my rooted nexus 7 with stock rom and CWM recovery. Where is the system update file downloaded by default? Can the same file be used for installation from CWM or i need to download some different file manually? I didnt face such problem last time for small system update. It started in recovery mode and even asked whether to stick to CWM recovery or restore stock one while updating.
You could update via adb or force stop google frameworks in apps and search for updates again

While using tab, its already showing updates ready to install. Its just not installing when booted to CWM. May be i am giving wrong zip file to install. For earlier small update i didnt have to do anything extra. It just installed on its own and asked one select anyone of the recovery.

BTW can anyone confirm whether haewai E303 usb modem works with nexus? Is there any mod or plugin which can add calling feature to this tab?

While using tab, its already showing updates ready to install. Its just not installing when booted to CWM. May be i am giving wrong zip file to install. For earlier small update i didnt have to do anything extra. It just installed on its own and asked one select anyone of the recovery.

BTW can anyone confirm whether haewai E303 usb modem works with nexus? Is there any mod or plugin which can add calling feature to this tab?

If you have CWM just flash the zip from google in CWM... no idea regarding the modem though

I can't able to link my paypal account into ebay.com, it says every time "your paypal account is in good standing". I can't able how to resolve this.

Yes

Did anyone here got it from USA? What about customs?

I got Nexus 7 from ibhejo.com. Got it for 15k after Rs 500 discount coupon. Price included custom duty as well.
Delivery was very late took around 17 days.

I had previously owned Allwinner bases NXG X10. ICS was smooth on that tablet but there were few s/w issues.
But Nexus 7 is another level up. Super smooth and very stable.
Asus should have gone 15k for 16GB. It would have a big hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back