New AIRTEL Plans coming..

saumilsingh said:
Hmm, most people I know are getting atleast 64KB/s.
And the uTorrent speed graphs plot out as a very satisfying flat curve.

Blokes here are talking about drops to 40KB/s, but the average is around the 75 mark.

Basically they still havent upgraded all the lines out here in Goa so possibly..

techcheat said:
^^ They already have a 256kbps unlimited connection thats 512 kbps at night..... so whats the big deal. On the other hand Airtel offers the lowest speed during the day compared to Sify or MTNL. They avg around 26 KB and Sify used to give me 33 KB and MTNL used to give me 31 KB. Now MTNL gives around 200 KB but not unlimited. I am willing to bet with anyone, Airtel doesnt have a unlimited plan in its sleave and cant take the fight to MTNL/BSNL, probably just match them.

Much like RiO, I'm also willing to take up that bet..Airtel definitely has something coming..Atleast a 512 UL Plan..And No! That is not wishful thinking..
The only question however is..How many more weeks?? :tongue:

My guess is they'll announce it through flyers sent with the next round of invoices, expected next week :) It's marketing - no better time to announce new plans when you're "looking" at your invoice - that way, you'll instantly figure how much savings are involved and chances are you'll pick up the phone and upgrade immediately (if it makes sense to upgrade) ;)

^^Good point but a better marketing strategy would be to introduce it with an ad either as an FPS on a national daily or better yet during the Ind-WI matches going on..(With a note to visit the site for further details..more hits/greater traffic..better chance for cross-promotion :D)

That way, not only your present customers get the news that had been waiting for..A chance to tap the non-Airtel customers too.. :)

Lets Hope it boils down to 26th Jan & no further... :no: :no: Jeez this suspense is killing me....:mad: :mad:

As for any upgrades... The only killer way for AIRTEL to woo more UL customer will be to upgrade the existing plans to 512Kbps which I also believe that they will do.... Hell what are they doing if not innovating & becoming the fastest growing telecom company.... BSNL came to limelight with their 900 UL plan & made huge customer base... AIRTEL which had low infrastructure would want to get to an edge by better speeds & with the bandwidth they have they can atleast upgrade to 512Kbps....

But lets hope we are not proved wrong by some smarta&#s in AIRTEL....:eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

just hope its on the 26th but i doubt so... airtel is gettin on to the nerves 1st download speeds stuck at max 20 . torrents or from http or ftp in the day ... and no new 2mbps ehh

Ok guys I am up for the bet. BTW, my own MTNL is giving me 1300 kbps. Also MTNL has night unlimited plan, which means I can download more on MTNL than Airtel as of now. If I do win the bet, you can rep me :bleh: now dont flame me for begging for reps.... lol :eek:hyeah:

I just saw a Airtel flyer with ad for 512Kbps @ 250 / m. Is this new or was this already there.. Just curious to know if new plans are comming up...

Haha.... keep dreaming. Dates will come and go, minutes would turn into hours, hours would turn into days, days into weeks, weeks into months, but the wishful thinking and the neverending wait shall continue.... Airtel is going nowhere. So many theories have been made, they will increase speed on 31st night, than it was middle of jan, than the new billing cycle, than republic day present, than what not.... now mid feb... haha....

Yup,I bet they wont release new plans for atleast a month (especially in GGaon cos they still havent fixed 256k speeds)

Anyone here can tell me what avg speed i can get in Tata Indicom 256 UL?

don't go for any tata indicom plan , till they come up with wi-max in march april.
at present , they use overhead cables .
though speeds are decent when compared to that of airtel , but every 4-5 th day there is a cable cut (sify men generally involved and also some thieves who cut and sell the copper wires for money) and the link is down or there is a fibre cable cut which again leads to :mad:

i am a victim of same:( and don't want anyone else to be one

Back