MTNL Mumbai reduces 1 mbps UL Tariffs to 999

vahss_11 said:
Changed to 999Ul plan today, they are saying that at any time, the plan might change, so need to keep looking on their site every day :)

AFAIK MTNL only changes plans after current month
So they telling you that it may change any time is bit :S

vahss_11 said:
Changed to 999Ul plan today, they are saying that at any time, the plan might change, so need to keep looking on their site every day :)

dont believe them at all, it occurs only at start of new month

MTNL doubles speed of most of the broadband unlimited plans

MTNL Mumbai Newsletter February 16, 2010
MTNL doubles speed of most of the broadband unlimited plans

Dear Customer,

MTNL is the Number One and most popular Broadband service provider in Mumbai. In its endeavor to provide world class broadband service at most affordable rates, MTNL has been introducing many attractive plans to the customers.

In order to provide comfort and high speed broadband without increasing the charges, MTNL has once again decided to double the speed of most of the unlimited plans. These customers will now be able to enjoy net connectivity at double the speed without paying anything extra. The new plans effective from 16th Feb '2010 along with their revised upgraded speeds are as below.

Sl Plan Existing Speed Upgraded Speed from 16th Feb 2010

1 Rs. 599 256Kbps 512Kbps
2 Rs. 749 384Kbps 752Kbps
3 Rs.999 512Kbps 1 Mbps
4 Rs. 1350(with games) 752 Kbps 1.1Mbps

5 Rs. 1599 1Mbps 1.3 Mbps

For unlimited 1MB plans speed is increased by 30%. Unlimited 2MB plan is not covered in this offer presently.

OP could/should change thread title.

Why doesn't MTNL Delhi do anything like this?

I think I read that Mumbai got their speeds of 512k upgraded to 1 Mbps automatically a few months back (I think it was because of 15 August), but Delhi guys kept sleeping :mad:

I'm with 256k & service status still showing 256k, not 512k as said by MTNL which going to effect from Today 16/2/10... may be they plan to go step by step in coming days.

So i got the gist

I need to call them to get 999 for the fees else theyll charge 1599 and will give 1.3mbps speed....And now i m disclosing i m getting more than the speed than what should i get on 1 mbps plan....Raks i think u got it right my speed was unchanged from the one which people used to get earlier

Why people are soo much in hurry, be patient friends...they are giving you double speeds at your previous rental, what else you need ?

btw mtnl plz bring these plans to Delhi fast :p

What ????

They doubled the speed again ?????

Now that is bad news to me :(

Here is the revelation as to why.....i have a 384 kbps plan and i pay 750 bucks for this but i am getting speed of 1.3 Mbps :bleh:

But now this plan change means the same thing that happened on 15th August will happen again, i will get 752 kbps (or whatever) which means that i will be getting half of what i was enjoying till now :cry:

Ya actually I was getting double the speed becoz of Aladins help unintentionally

As u know Earlier they changed the plan for first 15 days flat i was getting old speed

So i pmed Aladin to help me

I guess his dad talked to the authorities and they upgraded my speed at the same time simultaneously got a call from mtnl within an hour asking my problem and i said my speed is not getting upgraded and the lady said within 5 minutes check back and without checking the plan she again upgraded my speed to double :bleh:

and so getting 2mbps right now too...now need a new hdd as my 1.2tb hdd is almost complete

I am letting the secret out is now i am ready for 1mbps speed thats not too bad...and also ill be saving 600 buks now per month a good saving for the nexus 1

^^ But you see people like you and me have now been spoilt from this unintentional high speed goofups from MTNL and now i cannot think of having anything below 1 Mbps :p

So god forbid if my plan speed now drops to 752 kbps then i will probably upgrade to 999 1Mbps plan. But i have full trust on MTNL and i trust the goofups to go my way again. :p

need some replies from those using 512kbps UL,whats the max speed you get while D/L?is there any downtimes?also will i be given free wireless router even if i subscribe to their UL plan?

Back