Mtnl Broadband Frequent Disconnection

I'm not able to connect via MTNL boradband since thrusday evening. All led indicators with modem is glowing OK, telephone line is clear (no humming or dead or any other issue) still.

Complaint lodge with 198 but I know it wont help as the person who handle at ground level is only able to check line & lights with modem, from my past experience, when he will see all ok (telephone line & modem lights) he will blankly blame Prabhadevi Exchange & will said "What we can do when issue at Prabhadevi Exchange- lets wait & watch"?

What to do now?

My connection has been acting up since a whole week. Was facing massive disconnection issue in the last few days. Registered a complaint and no one has showed up till now. Although, it seems to be working fine for now.

Idiots won't contact you till they got all clear message from Prabhadevi Center. I'm still facing issue (posting here now using 3G)

My connection has been acting up since a whole week. Was facing massive disconnection issue in the last few days. Registered a complaint and no one has showed up till now. Although, it seems to be working fine for now.

I had this frequent disconnect problem for the last week, a call to DGMs office fixed it in one day.

Like I mentioned earlier, MTNL works.

Hi,

If MTNL really works than why you need to call DGM office?

Anyway, if you wish, kindly PM me the Number & I will try to Call DGM by Monday

I had this frequent disconnect problem for the last week, a call to DGMs office fixed it in one day.

Like I mentioned earlier, MTNL works.

I'm not able to connect via MTNL boradband since thrusday evening. All led indicators with modem is glowing OK, telephone line is clear (no humming or dead or any other issue) still.

Complaint lodge with 198 but I know it wont help as the person who handle at ground level is only able to check line & lights with modem, from my past experience, when he will see all ok (telephone line & modem lights) he will blankly blame Prabhadevi Exchange & will said "What we can do when issue at Prabhadevi Exchange- lets wait & watch"?

What to do now?

i assume your modem is in always on mode since all LEDs are glowing.take the modem to the exchange and get it configured again after hard reset. use the follwing ip scheme in LAN settings

ip address: 192.168.1.10
subnet mask:255.255.255.0
gateway:192.168.1.1
primary dns:218.248.255.212
alternate dns:218.248.241.2

after running a dns benchmark i found that above bsnl dns perform better than open dns and google dns for mumbai and thane areas

Hi,

If MTNL really works than why you need to call DGM office?

Anyway, if you wish, kindly PM me the Number & I will try to Call DGM by Monday

I wonder which service gives 100% totally uninterrupted uptime. Can you name even one ? I don't seen anyone standing up and speaking up for any of the other service providers, I wonder what their experience has been? The DGM you need to call depends on your area, so call 1504 and ask, and they will give it gladly.

I have said this endlessly on this site several times, show me another company which can offer what MTNL/BSNL do. I have not done any research lately, but I wonder does anyone other then MTNL/BSNL offer REAL unlimited data download at speeds like 2Mbps or even higher speeds at equivalent costs?

Did anyone faced downtime yesterday? it was down whole day...!!
my net was down all the time...even 1504 didn't connect...once connected...before i could say anything..lady says they have some problems with servers !!

Refer this link to find out your area DGM details i have always solved my problem by contacting them even my connection speed has been increased to exact 2Mbps now after i had a huge argument where they were giving only 1.75Mbps

MTNL Mumbai Information - India Broadband Wiki[DOUBLEPOST=1363618851,1359957277][/DOUBLEPOST]@Ethan_Hunt
I'm getting 4Mbps constant anyone else
FreRwDY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@dinjo
can you please share your configuration? :)
is there any cap because i doubt....my usage pattern was jan (68gb) feb (40gb) dec (20gb)
are they capping my speed because for an instance i get full speed and next i m struggling around 300 kbps !! :mad:

Refer this link to find out your area DGM details i have always solved my problem by contacting them even my connection speed has been increased to exact 2Mbps now after i had a huge argument where they were giving only 1.75Mbps

MTNL Mumbai Information - India Broadband Wiki[DOUBLEPOST=1363618851,1359957277][/DOUBLEPOST]@Ethan_Hunt
I'm getting 4Mbps constant anyone else
FreRwDY.jpg

Can you describe that conversation?
Somehow I see myself having a similar conversation in Delhi

Hey i got 512kbps unlimited.My net is working fine but the disconnects are every 5-10 mins.Cant play dota 2 and cs - my favourite games anymore.Whats wrong with mtnl ?

Hey i got 512kbps unlimited.My net is working fine but the disconnects are every 5-10 mins.Cant play dota 2 and cs - my favourite games anymore.Whats wrong with mtnl ?
Up till now there are only a few things the MTNL people have tried to fix issues like disconnection.
1. Recheck the line
2. Change the splitter
3. Change the port on the server

So it could be any one of these 3 for you

Back