Mtnl Broadband Frequent Disconnection

hi guys ....I'm new here....I live in Mahim area in Mumbai and have Mtnl broadband with 395 ul plan......my net is getting dced very frequently ....every 2-5 mins.....can't play even a round in cs ....the Mtnl personnel knows nothing (I feel so...) I have a dlink 502t modem .....what maybe the fault ?? I've done the setting change of Adsl in router page ...still in vain

One more thing to look out for is parallel lines... read the previous posts in this thread for more info...
<

From last one month frequent disconnection with MTNL line. Linemen change cable & connection point too but no use, some time all is ok & went smooth for hours but next day frequent disconnections? Any one experiencing same?

Mine was disconnecting like crazy for the past 3 weeks, until I had about enough and decided to call the lineman. He dropped by that very evening and replaced the ADSL line filter box. He said that my old one was clogged with dust and hence caused a disruption in the service. It's working perfectly now. :)

Getting frequent disconnections anyone else also it took me 3 tries to reboot the router and get connected

My trick (Temporary Solution)

I face same problem and here's what i do..
Pick up the phone receiver and wait for the ADSL light to glow fully. Then keep the receiver down. It works many times. :lol: :bigok:
But some times i have to keep the phone engaged all of the time when i use broadband.

ALSO, using the below wiring and using 2 splitters i can get the mtnl BB to work in parallel. I cant guarantee this for everyone.
MTNL.png

I think!!

MTNL running some systematic CHEATING plan for Mumbai Residence.

few days (30/45 days) I had same problem with every 2-3 months interval.

When ever I lodge complaints & reach from ground to top level step by step finally I come to know that there is some SERVER up-gradation.

I don't understand that WHAT KIND OF SERVER MTNL owned that it need up-gradation by every 2-3 months.

If they are giving whooping connections & thus need to upgrade server by every 2-3 months than why they post loss from last 2-3 years.

sooo finally I came on conclusion ... GOL MAAL HAI BAHI SAB GOL MAAL HAI ... somebody need to file RTI for this .... don't advice me for same :p

You need to send a email to your area DGM they usually look at the problem if he can't you can escalate to Central Officer

Been using mtnl since 2007. As far as connectivity goes it's been really good for me. Very very few disconnections. But in general the quality has gone down gradually. When I got the connection, pings were amazing and streaming was a breeze. Nowadays except youtube, most video sites buffer at one point or another. Download speed is never full 230KBps or so unless I used a download manager. Streaming is damn annoying. Other than that, gaming is okay for me as reliability wise, it's been pretty good.

According to CC, they are having issues with their servers.

Disconnections have become random and very frequent.

Its a government organization, so don't expect a resolution soon.

And which private one even listens to you? Name Just one. Try calling Tata / Airtel or any of the wired service providers and ask for a connection. I would love to see the response you get.

IMO MTNL responds just fine and resolves problems too,

I have no splitters directly into modem , i got to know the problem was with their DNS server which is fixed now

Same disconnection since i moved back, was adviced to get the line replaced but after repeated persual nothing happened. While reactivating the BB plan i was told it will be replaced and lineman says he hasn't been provided by new line.

I have this strange issue that if i am using Utorrent for downloading torrents i can not surf net, does anyone face the issue? i am having Dlink GLB 802C and guys who got their line replaced, could you please guide how to go with procedure?

I am having direct line into the splitter from their to modem and one land-line instrument that's all.

I have this strange issue that if i am using Utorrent for downloading torrents i can not surf net, does anyone face the issue? i am having Dlink GLB 802C and guys who got their line replaced, could you please guide how to go with procedure?

What is strange about all the bandwidth being sucked by torrents leaving nothing for anything else. Try curbing the torrent DL speeds to about 50k less than your max if you want to surf simultaneously.

BTW I am a TOTALLY satisfied MTNL user, frequent disconnects is also a problem of the modem.

Same disconnection since i moved back, was adviced to get the line replaced but after repeated persual nothing happened. While reactivating the BB plan i was told it will be replaced and lineman says he hasn't been provided by new line.

I am having direct line into the splitter from their to modem and one land-line instrument that's all.

Refer to QOS in router to allow surfing while downloading torrents

Refer to QOS in router to allow surfing while downloading torrents
I am using basic GLB 802c modem ...i don't think it has QoS, please correct me if am wrong

What is strange about all the bandwidth being sucked by torrents leaving nothing for anything else. Try curbing the torrent DL speeds to about 50k less than your max if you want to surf simultaneously.

BTW I am a TOTALLY satisfied MTNL user, frequent disconnects is also a problem of the modem.
Dude, torrents by itself minimizes speed if you surfing and i have tried downgrading the speed but no use. and that too at night maintained speed to 60Kbps from 118 kbps odd which i was getting, still couldn't !!

Finally my connection have gone stable after repeated complaints...touchwood....but DNS servers don't respond some of the times...espeically at night....any suggestions for DNS servers guys?

Facing a regular problem with MTNL 3G since the last 2-3 months. Every couple of days ALL the Google sites will stop responding (including Google, Gmail, Greader etc). My DNS is already set to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 (Google's) but the problem still happens. Gets resolved for some time after restarting the 3G router.

Back