Mtnl Broadband Frequent Disconnection

Hey i got 512kbps unlimited.My net is working fine but the disconnects are every 5-10 mins.Cant play dota 2 and cs - my favourite games anymore.Whats wrong with mtnl ?
check if your adsl line is steady and if not then it has to be line issue....get your lineman to check it somehow !!

btw what servers you are using for CS and what pings you are getting? mine varies for 85~110 ms for indian servers :mad:

I get 30-50 ping :p but it disconnects every 10-15 mins.Its like I am spectating a 5v5 cs game and my turns come to play and I am going to own someone and my net disconnects.Feels like banging the modem and breaking it.Btw I destroyed my previous modem after a dota game disconnect.But my dad had already ordered the wifi router so no issues. Ok now back to my problem.The mtnl guy has come few times at my place to fix things up but my bad luck - internet is makkan when the guy comes :/ when he leaves its back to frequent disconnects.So now when I call him I need to ask him to check the line,splitter and the server port right ?.I guess my problem is with the dns server or something.

@gunnerwholelife
yeah you should ask him to check but before that check if your ADSL light is steady because then it could be line or something else !!

now i think i have to see about pings !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm not really having disconnections.. but my page load times and pings are really screwed for the last 3 days! And that's even with Google DNS set in the router...

anyone has any clues on what's going on with MTNL? Who's got the latest best MTNL DNS's to use?

Hey,

Facing same problem since 3-4 days. Must be a central line problem as opposed to a local line problem since so many people are facing the same problem.

Well I'm not really having disconnections.. but my page load times and pings are really screwed for the last 3 days! And that's even with Google DNS set in the router...

anyone has any clues on what's going on with MTNL? Who's got the latest best MTNL DNS's to use?
Hey,

Facing same problem since 3-4 days. Must be a central line problem as opposed to a local line problem since so many people are facing the same problem.
I was having facing the same issue since last 1.5 weeks...made indefinite calls to finally get a number of prabhadevi exchange saying 'server has some issues and we are working on it'......!!

since last two days it is working fine !! here is the number 022-022-24363181

@swapyworld where do you stay bro ? Also did you fire them or anything ? My dad used to fire them when things like these used to happen and I used to get smooth net speed for months and now this shit has started again.Its been like this for last 1 month.No matter how much my dad scolds them they cant fix it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is from server side and it has effect on almost everyone hold on your horses would be fixed in next 2 days

Yeah I am in Delhi and mine is totally screwed too. Most of the websites take forever to open up. Youtube videos are literally unplayable. Havent even bothered checking to see what kinda pings I am getting. :(

Yeah I am in Delhi and mine is totally screwed too. Most of the websites take forever to open up. Youtube videos are literally unplayable. Havent even bothered checking to see what kinda pings I am getting. :(
I've joined your league. Net is down except that there is nothing wrong anywhere. Pings to DNS server are good. Signal strength is good

Dunno what's wrong :(

I have started to get dial up download speeds.....its like I pay 650/- for 7kb download speed(originally 90 kbps) . Im from mumbai near kandivali telephone exchange. anyone in this area facing similar problem ?

Back