Missed call from a strange no starting with +37*********

recently got calls from no starting with +96, i picked but the call, but there was no voice from the other end. didn't call back :p

I used to get calls from Pakistan. I ignored them..
Googling up told that these are scam deducing your balance. and due to fear of balance I sometimes ignored my aunt call too from london :p

Try to memorized Country code & NEVER ignore your aunt call ... may be you miss next IMPORTED gift :p
Googling up told that these are scam deducing your balance. and due to fear of balance I sometimes ignored my aunt call too from london :p

So far, what I gather is that you'll bleed money if you call back. No one has reported losing balance for picking up the call.

got a call today while sleeping from +923049088396.As always they missed me.

From what my friend told me, if you pick up they just disconnect. Then call again and again disconnect as you pick up.

So unsuspecting preys , out of ignorance and curiosity, call back and loose balance.

again started getting missed calls from no +22478222329 and+22478222330 today and yesterday i got call from +923247441501.Didnt bothered to pick the call or call bak :)

These days i am getting a call from some kind of toll free number. Its like 1409303976. If i pickup there's no voice but when i turn on the handsfree, a recorded female voice says "GOODBYE" and it disconnects. Freaked me out the first time, i ducked in my chair to avoid any snipers taking a shot. :bleh:

These days i am getting a call from some kind of toll free number. Its like 1409303976. If i pickup there's no voice but when i turn on the handsfree, a recorded female voice says "GOODBYE" and it disconnects. Freaked me out the first time, i ducked in my chair to avoid any snipers taking a shot. :bleh:
Thank god Ur phone didnt blew up after hanging up :p

Not all calls can be scam. I recd a call today from my friend in UAE from number +376xxxx.
They use VoIP cards there which uses such numbers.

Scam by the company to reduce your balance , increase your bills etc . Will give miss call from a unknown number and expect you to call back and then slap you with hundreds of rupees for calling ISD , or someone else might tell you to do things like press hash etc to steal your IMEI number , so that they can misuse it in other place , all firms use their own database , there should be a universal database which puts an entry of an IMEI number so that no one else in the world can use it , dreaming :bleh:. Both ways our loss . You might be charged for even picking up the call . So beware .

One guy called me from such a number and asking to press hash , I said no , then he was like I ll cut your phone , this is a criminal offense . I told him to stop watching movies , they way he was talking made me fall out of my seat laughing . I was thinking I foiled the guy's plan but then on my next bill there was a Rs 100 for one single ISD call .
Had to give an ultimatum of porting out for which they later agreed it was me who received a call , and talked less than 2 minutes . For 2 minutes Rs 100 . Which country is so expensive to call ? .

I have even received call showing " unknown number " , obviously I cut it .

Last few days regularly I'm getting calls from the following numbers...
+91 1409 281 102
+91 1409 281 101
+91 1400xxxxxx
Since I'm in international roaming, I'm not attending the calls, but it's irritating to receive 2 or 3 calls daily :( I've never received a call from these numbers when i was India.

Any idea about these numbers?

Back