Mass Effect 3 - Discussion Thread

The build quality of skyboxes, in Citadel are poor. Some modelling esp. hands etc is poor.

When my femshep puts on a sexy little black dress she should put her knees together while sitting.

I faced some sound and movement glitches yesterday.

I'm 15 hrs into the game, galactic readiness has crossed the threshold. WMD being researched is @50%.

Plot is interesting. The new war assets gathering system is good. You can unlock "Untouchable" achievement by letting the reaper scan get to 100 and then escaping.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, since some of you guys are done. im just installing m,ine as we speak. Advice required :- is it better to use m.e 2 save games and continue me 3 or start fresh?? (M.E 2, all characters survived)

This time around the game is certainly cinematic and atmospheric can you guys tell me the difference between the story mode and the RPG mode?

currently iam playing in the story mode will be missing out on anything?

Sorry to burst your bubble but the second time I called Diana to Shepard's cabin for a short interview, the two successfully entered into a lip-lock. Like I mentioned before, all it takes is a bit of patience.

Not to mention I successfully kissed Ashley right after this happened at the Citadel when I went to meet the Asari councilor at Udina's cabin. Since Liara was standing bang opposite to where Ash was located, she will no longer be interested in entering into a relationship with Shepard after having noticed it and that specific dialog option would be missing. Assuming Traynor is out of the equation now, I am eagerly looking forward to what happens next.

I had a lip lock with Diana in Shephard's cabin, but it didn't unlock the achievement.

Anyways, I am almost 23 hours into the game and nearly completed most of the fetch quests. Most artifacts recovered and although the war assets bar is green with over 85% filled, the galaxy readiness percentage still stands at 50! I am not sure why it doesn't change still. Confronted Kai Leng for a second time at Thessia! Looking forward to complete the game this weekend. The ending better be good with all that time and resources I've spent.
<

As I said in one of my earlier posts, Galactic readiness is a modifier affected only by multiplayer. You can still get the "best ending", but you need to get that war assets near to 100%.

I completed all_possible_quests. Went all Paragon, got maximum assets. I am not sure how to describe my ending, like someone said, I dont think all the previous decisions made any difference at all. The last 10 minutes DID ruin the whole franchiese.

Seriously how the FK can Bioware NOT give us a
boss fight?

I completed all_possible_quests. Went all Paragon, got maximum assets. I am not sure how to describe my ending, like someone said, I dont think all the previous decisions made any difference at all. The last 10 minutes DID ruin the whole franchiese.

Seriously how the FK can Bioware NOT give us a
boss fight?

Exactly what I said in my rant spoiler post.

There was not a single mention of Harbinger, except for the brief cameo where he shows up before you enter the beam.

Just in case it helps.

Hi everyone,

I've seen some posts where there is a bit of confusion about the ability to get the best endings by only playing single-player, because if you don't play multiplayer (or the iOS game, Infiltrator) your Galactic Readiness stays at 50%.

You do NOT have to play multiplayer to get the best single-player endings.

Here's a bit of clarification:

Your ending(s) are determined by your "Effective Military Strength" (let's call it EMS for now) bar. Focus on that bar - that is your indicator of how well you will do in the end-game.

You can maximize your EMS just by collecting War Assets in the single-player game. There is a certain threshhold of these you would need to exceed (I can't get too specific) but I can tell you there are MORE than the required amount that can be gathered in the single-player campaign.

"Galactic Readiness" is a modifier you can improve by playing multiplayer. That is to say, if you play a lot of multiplayer, you will need less War Assets from single-player to fill up your EMS bar (ie it will balance out the requirements to account for you playing in both modes). Single-player game play does not impact that bar.

EMS = success. EMS can be maximized via collecting war assets alone, even if your Galactic Readiness is 50%.

UPDATE: changing post title, "perfect" ending may create confusion. This post indicates how military strength, war assets and galactic readiness affect the endings.

A note about multiplayer in relation to the endings

Just started my renegade (mirrored decisions) playthrough. I gibbed-edited my ME2 save to be level 80, so in ME3 I started out with enough talent points to max out the whole Engineer tree save for the last two upgrades of one skill. I am playing on insanity and its a LOT of fun, enemies are relentless and I love using turrets and drones.

I am male again so a 'certain something' that others were disappointed with is going to happen to me again, ah well. ):

Just started my renegade (mirrored decisions) playthrough. I gibbed-edited my ME2 save to be level 80, so in ME3 I started out with enough talent points to max out the whole Engineer tree save for the last two upgrades of one skill. I am playing on insanity and its a LOT of fun, enemies are relentless and I love using turrets and drones.

I am male again so a 'certain something' that others were disappointed with is going to happen to me again, ah well. ):

I am playing on insanity as a biotic, game is no doubt fun, but for a player like me and lot of others who have invested more than 100 hours into earlier two games, and also many many hours in the three good novels (latest one was crap), ME3 was a pure let down. Just when I thought story was picking up game was over as if the ending was hurried up. I wouldn't have cared if bioware took another three years to make ME3, it was supposed to be epic and best among the series, unfortunately it was a huge let down story wise and I will rate it well below both ME1 and ME2.

Look at the renegade and paragon actions, they were awesome in ME2, they are hopeless in ME3, no fun at all.

Loyalty missions were awesome in ME2, No such emotional missions here except may be the one on tuchanka involving the genophage.

Also as some one already pointed out I found background score to be mediocre, ME2 score was epic, especially the main theme and the suicide mission, why no jack wall in ME3 damn it, he was awesome in ME2.

More frustrations after some time

This is what ME2 music was ...it was epic

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xblM1zPBWDg[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2z28mutY1E[/media]

even the menu music was awesome

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtj38KQxm4[/media]

Mass effect 1 menu music

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuXOr1CcZsk[/media]

Back