LG P500 Discussion Thread

Well, the thing I'm worrying is, I guess after flashing v19.4 it lags sometimes. Very little though.

And ya, it takes more than 2sec. I wouldn't have worried if it had took few sec to re-draw.

Now I did both the things at same time, flashed v19.4 and installed Launcher Pro, now I really not getting what's causing this lag. It used to be complete lag free with Mik's 6.5.7 + v19.2

blueren said:
Why no frills? its redundant. CM settings > performance > cpu

Ya, I know that path, but no-frills because, once you suggested the same..!! :p

blueren said:
Chuck setCPU and start using nofrills. I find it a LOT better and simple. If you still want to use setcpu, Turn on the "set on boot" option. Mind you, setcpu always runs in the bg --> leads to batt drain no matter how small it is. NoFrills doesn't.

Now you are saying no-frills is redundant :p

Anyway, is there any app, using which I can see the freq, it's set to?? I mean after I OC, is there any way I can verify that it got applied??

Today I have updated my Optimus One to Gingerbread using LG Software Update tool. Biggest update for me is that Hindi font is working perfectly now. Now I can see all Hindi posts by friends on facebook and can read Hindi newspapers/blogs. I have not tested but I think Hindi SMS should also be visible now.

Tech Savy said:
can p500 works on landscape mode ?

yes it can.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

krishnandu said:
Well, the thing I'm worrying is, I guess after flashing v19.4 it lags sometimes. Very little though.

And ya, it takes more than 2sec. I wouldn't have worried if it had took few sec to re-draw.

Now I did both the things at same time, flashed v19.4 and installed Launcher Pro, now I really not getting what's causing this lag. It used to be complete lag free with Mik's 6.5.7 + v19.2

Ya, I know that path, but no-frills because, once you suggested the same..!! :p

Now you are saying no-frills is redundant :p

Anyway, is there any app, using which I can see the freq, it's set to?? I mean after I OC, is there any way I can verify that it got applied??

Oops :p I only recently moved to cm7. I didn't know that option existed. I suggested no frills while on froyo :D

solanky said:
Today I have updated my Optimus One to Gingerbread using LG Software Update tool. Biggest update for me is that Hindi font is working perfectly now. Now I can see all Hindi posts by friends on facebook and can read Hindi newspapers/blogs. I have not tested but I think Hindi SMS should also be visible now.

Me too updated today ...video playback s****...Wi-fi hotspot is not working for me now...:( Also lost 13MB of precious INTERNAL MEMORY..lost dictionary..even no FB app in gingerbread!!!!!!

@blueren It's Ok, No problem ;)

Use Mobo Player for video.

And for god's sake, ditch that Stock GB and stop Complaining :p

Use Void #forever or Mik's CM7 along with Franco's Kernel.

I upgraded to V20B via PC Suite last friday. everything went smooth, just that after upgrade phone didnt start, i had to manually turn it on to see it was on gingerbread 2.3.3

Nothing much has changed, except for the black notification bar, everything else is same.

Also I did not notice any great performance improvement or battery save(it was always performing ok, and battery was lasting 2+ days)

Somethings like taskkiller went missing, but then i dont need them anyway.

Rest is fine, yet to see any strange bug, day to day functionality works the same way(camera, call, SMS, browsing using wifi,GPRS etc)

So To summarize, I did not see any major bugs on v20B, but then there is hardly any difference between the two versions

Edit: So for those whose fingers are itching to upgrade to v20B, go ahead.. no major problems(atleast i didnt notice for 4 days). For those who are expecting a whole new experience with the phone, you can keep it on 2.2 or go for custom ROM or wait some more time. to an end user there is hardly any difference between the two versions

krishnandu said:
GO to Contacts > Press Menu / Properties button > Go to Import Export > Import from SD Card :)

Is there a way to edit .vcf files ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

rajshenoy said:
I upgraded to V20B via PC Suite last friday. everything went smooth, just that after upgrade phone didnt start, i had to manually turn it on to see it was on gingerbread 2.3.3

Nothing much has changed, except for the black notification bar, everything else is same.

Also I did not notice any great performance improvement or battery save(it was always performing ok, and battery was lasting 2+ days)

Somethings like taskkiller went missing, but then i dont need them anyway.

Rest is fine, yet to see any strange bug, day to day functionality works the same way(camera, call, SMS, browsing using wifi,GPRS etc)

So To summarize, I did not see any major bugs on v20B, but then there is hardly any difference between the two versions

Edit: So for those whose fingers are itching to upgrade to v20B, go ahead.. no major problems(atleast i didnt notice for 4 days). For those who are expecting a whole new experience with the phone, you can keep it on 2.2 or go for custom ROM or wait some more time. to an end user there is hardly any difference between the two versions

I was also very eager in updating to 2.3.3 and the speed has improved a little bit for me..My only concern is video playback...When watching video, I think I shouldn't have updated :( Also, from no where I am getting FC stating some android.mms!!!!!

Back