LG P500 Discussion Thread

govigov

Disciple
Jan 20, 2009
he he i just love this new app. Tapatalk

Ok. Where to download the gingerbreak keyboard on froyo?

Direct links would be helpful.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

blueren

Adept
Jun 1, 2009
works fine for me. Using it since day one... U need to register for their open beta, then navigate and download the swype installer from their website (via phone only), then download the proper swype version.

hotshot05

Skilled
Sep 11, 2008
Kolkata
hotshot05.page.tl
bought my optimus one last saturday. :)
was so busy with it that i forgot to post here :p

i have a few questions -
1. what are the best music player and video player for P500? (mention both free ans paid apps)
2. best PDF reader (mention both free and paid app s)
and if you know, please mention the maximum file size of the PDF file that the specific app can open.
3. i installed the LG PC Suite provided in the memory card. I added my contacts in the Contact Manager of the PC Suite and then I synced the contacts to my phone.
but now I want to backup those contacts to my google account too.
how to do that????
and how will i know if the contacts have been propwrly synced to my account or not????

blueren

Adept
Jun 1, 2009
best music player and video player for P500? - powerAmp for music. 30days free trial, $4 later. Worthy. Mobo player for video, free.

2. best PDF reader - adobe pdf, free. You already have thinkfree office preinstalled. That does the job of ms word/ppt/excel/pdf. Else "buy" quick office pro.

PDF file that the specific app can open. - no idea, haven't tried.

3. i installed the LG PC Suite provided in the memory card. -get rid of it. Useless Junk

but now I want to backup those contacts to my google account. - add your gmail a/c on your phone. Phonebook > menu > accounts > your gmail a/c > sync contacts. Note that ALL your contacts in gmail will get synced on ur phone and viceversa. So if u have an orkut account with 64596985598 friends, beware! ;) You can also export ur contacts to sd card

and how will i know if the contacts have been propwrly synced to my account or not???? - you'll know when it does :D

unixguru

Disciple
Jan 2, 2010

messi4lyf

Disciple
Mar 27, 2011
I would like to upgrade my sd card..is class 6 sd card available in any shop in mumbai? what is the cost?
I enquired in one shop and they are saying that normally shop keepers won't take the stock as class 6 card is double the cost of class 4. Is it so?

ankxxs

Adept
Dec 2, 2009
Guys , please help me out , my phone is not detecting any memory card. I have tried different memory cards & its notrecognizing them & just says checking card for error.

Tech Savy

Disciple
May 16, 2011
1. As the lg optimus net revealed should i wait for it ?
2. When lg optimus net will be available ?
3. lg optimus net comes with GB & will get ice cream . Thats the reason am not getting op1 now.
What u think.

blueren

Adept
Jun 1, 2009
govigov said:
help!!!! i am trying to get to see those contacts on google for months now. :(

phone book > menu > accounts > your a/c > contacts. It'll take its time and sync. You may not be able to see contacts that have been synced from your gmail because you'd have chosen not to.

phonebook > menu > display options > untick only contacts with phones (most contacts on gmail will have an email address only, so if you wanna see them, you untick this)

Also, scroll down ti choose contacts to display > you'll find sim/phone/gmail options. Tap on each one of them and set whatever you want to see and what you don't wanna see.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

For the other way around, take a backup of all your gmail contacts as .csv or something, delete all the contacts, then sync. Something must show up...

Parix

Disciple
May 8, 2008
Not sure if this was posted earlier.. I have updated my Optimus 1 to the official ginger bread European release :eek:hyeah:, which i found at this link Manually Installing Gingerbread 2.3.3 Official Firmware - Android Forumshttp://androidforums.com/lg-optimus...ling-gingerbread-2-3-3-official-firmware.html

the phone seems to be running well, seems a bit fast, the icons are different.. and best part is that all the junk applications are removed..
Since this is an official ROM.. the upgrade was non destructive.. my contacts, configuration, messages were not deleted.

I had to reinstall Ndrive and install a new file manager (Astro) from the market.. otherwise the phone is working without issues.

Need to run it for a while before commenting on battery life..

thegame

Adept
May 16, 2010
messi4lyf said:
I would like to upgrade my sd card..is class 6 sd card available in any shop in mumbai? what is the cost?
I enquired in one shop and they are saying that normally shop keepers won't take the stock as class 6 card is double the cost of class 4. Is it so?

Bought Class4 16GB SanDisk microSD from dvdstoredelhi dealer and have been using it for the last 2 weeks and so far no issues..

http://www.techenclave.com/dvdstoredelhi/sandisk-16gb-class-4-micro-sd-187225.html

rajshenoy

Disciple
Dec 3, 2010
I am facing a silly issue . i have replaced the home screen bottom bar SMS and browser icons with the custom App that i got(Go SMS and Dolphin browser). every time i reboot, i see that they get reset to default LG app icons.

I am pretty happy with the simplistic looks of LG Home but this issue is annoying me. any solution ?

mail2abhi81

Disciple
Jun 21, 2011
guys,

what this "dust issue" is all about? I am kinda made up my mind to get this phone, however this has been a deterrence. So, if I order one from LB, how are the chances of getting a "dust-free" OP1? :)

Also my second query: Is there anmy procedure to get rid of the crap preloaded apps, without rooting it? I am a noob in android and dont want to tinker with my new 9 grands fone, scared of bricking it.

Thanks for your patience to answer my question.

Abhishek