LG P500 Discussion Thread

mail2abhi81 said:
guys,
what this "dust issue" is all about? I am kinda made up my mind to get this phone, however this has been a deterrence. So, if I order one from LB, how are the chances of getting a "dust-free" OP1? :)

Thanks for your patience to answer my question.
Abhishek
Some of the phones have some gaps which is leading to dust entering from the corners of the LCD panel. you can use the phone but the dust is very much visible when you hold the phone in the sun(looks bad like dandruff :eek:hyeah: )

I bought the Worldcup edition phone in may from LB and so far twice had this problem(yes, even after service center fixed it, it was back within two weeks) second time i have given proper bashing and so far it looks ok.

What i heard last is one of my friend got a june make from LB(mumbai) and these newer models seem to have fixed the problem. sadly for my phone, i have to just pray it does not repeat again.

So if you dont go for the world cup edition, chances are that you might get a newer model.

I have rooted the phone now :D Don't really need Gingerbread mod unless it offers superior battery life and better performance. Which kernel/rom is the best for battery/performance for LG? Only use the fone for wi-fi browsing and video playback so looking for a rom that doesnt break any of this.. Also dont use gps, navigation, sms.... Please pour out your ideas! I saw OpenOptimus/FinalFroyo and Franco Kernal. Hows this combination?

Official GB for India out now,check PC suite/LG mobile update software...........Will update after hearing from somebody because the Proximity Sensor issues in Romanian GB.....

It's finally here :)

Edit:Now it has disappeared from the update notification,seems some bugs in the update,it should be out within two weeks.

y2karthik said:
Official GB for India out now,check PC suite/LG mobile update software...........Will update after hearing from somebody because the Proximity Sensor issues in Romanian GB.....

It's finally here :)

Edit:Now it has disappeared from the update notification,seems some bugs in the update,it should be out within two weeks.

Its official now as told by lg service center..android 2.3 is available from the service centers now :) About updating using PC suite, Idk

messi4lyf said:
of course... I think so...

I dont think the official update would erase all the data, i used an official European ROM and did not lose any of the data or installed apps...

Best bet would be take a backup before upgrading.

techno_guy said:
does updating to gb erase all phone data ?
You always have the option to backup the data. I think data on SD card are pretty safe anyway.

Any updates on GB ? i dont want to go all the way till service center .. but the PC suite still says no update

Parix said:
I dont think the official update would erase all the data, i used an official European ROM and did not lose any of the data or installed apps...
Best bet would be take a backup before upgrading.
When I updated to 2.2.2 from service centre,I lost all the data in the phone...

is ginger break working with the new official ROM? as per XDA it does not. will hang out for some more time till they have an easy root solution for this.

Now the LGMobile Update software is working with the GB(V20B).

After updating contacts,calender,call log nothing was erased but the internal memory got lowered,Aldiko reader,LG app installer,LG app adviser,OI File Manager,dictionary are all got deleted.But after updating the phone got snappy and smooth.The another downside was the video playback was bad along with little lag in games(others told no such prob in games).Batterylife was not as good as V10E.

If you want stock ROM stay in V10E - 2.2.2

else CM7 but no official GB.

muzux2 said:
Guys, my brother's O1 is not getting detected by PC suite. He bought the phone couple of days ago. I tried the following ways

1) Uninstalled PC suite (that he downloaded from net) and restarted the laptop.
2) Installed the Suite supplied with the phone memory.

Still no luck, when i tried to connect the phone with USB cable, the phone shows up only USB storage option and there is no Phone Suite option likewise we have with Nokia and other phones. Have some one faced the same problem? Any solutions

Also, the phone don't play .FLV files. is flash supported on Android 2.2? Also the phone couldn't played movies with resolution > 600 x ***. Movies with resolution like 576x240 worked fine though. Please help

TIA
(1) You have to install Usb cable driver first which setup comes with your original 2gb memory card. After this setup & then pc suit setup phone will be detected in both pc suit & mass storage mode.

(2) LG P500 O1 don't have support for flash / flv, this is limitation of processor architecture. Except these couple of unsupported things, this phone is really great & working fine. I really thankful to TE expert guys to makeup my mind for this value for money phone.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

messi4lyf said:
anybody have connected to internet using P500? I just tried now..the screen went blank and a white screen appeared with some lines!!!!! and it remained like that.... I restarted phone...anyone have this experience?
Once I faced this same problem, but after restarting phone, solved & not faced second time.

Installed NoFrills, using SmartassV2 729/480, getting 1294 in Quadrant with Mik's 6.5.7 + Franco's V19.4 :)

Any better suggestions, I guess Quadrant scores are low as vsync has been enabled.

One more thing, I replaced ADW with Launcher Pro Plus, now accelerometer hangs sometime. I mean when I turn the screen, the gadgets takes sometime to re-draw.

So I OC'd. Now lets see if it helps or not.

BTW anything else I need to keep in mind while OC'ing my phone??

I know the basic rule, take 1 step, test, take another :p

Anything else??

One more thing, I guess as like PC's OC'ing also decreases Mobile Proccy's Lifetime. Am I right??

krishnandu said:
Installed NoFrills, using SmartassV2 729/480, getting 1294 in Quadrant with Mik's 6.5.7 + Franco's V19.4 :)

Why no frills? its redundant. CM settings > performance > cpu

krishnandu said:
One more thing, I replaced ADW with Launcher Pro Plus, now accelerometer hangs sometime. I mean when I turn the screen, the gadgets takes sometime to re-draw.

typical. Nothing to worry. Unless it takes more than 2 seconds to redraw. More widgets on homescreen, more time it takes.

krishnandu said:
One more thing, I guess as like PC's OC'ing also decreases Mobile Proccy's Lifetime. Am I right??

Unlike a pc's proccy, no matter what freq you set, the voltage doesn't vary. So whether u set 801Mhz or 122Mhz, the batt drain will be the same cos the voltage drawn is the same. I wonder why I said that :p anyway, keep within the stable freq and you'll be fine. In fact it doesn't matter much cos you won't be using this phone for the next 5 years! :p

729/480 smartassv2.

Back