L.A Noire - Discussion Thread

^Maybe physical copies are reaching them late? Or they are yet to revise the dates.

Who's importing it? Milestone? Call them up! :p

As expected, the L.A Noire PC version is an extremely poor console port. The optimization for the PC is just horrible (worst than GTA 4). Even at low settings the performance was choppy as hell. The game doesn't look that good on PC either, funny how Battlefield 3 with its awesome graphics runs so much better than this. Rockstar has to be the worst publisher when it comes to PC ports. I am extremely disappointed, I left the game mid way on the console because I thought playing it on a PC would be a much better experience. I strongly advice against purchasing this game for a PC. You are better off with the console version.

Bluffmaster said:
As expected, the L.A Noire PC version is an extremely poor console port. The optimization for the PC is just horrible (worst than GTA 4). Even at low settings the performance was choppy as hell. The game doesn't look that good on PC either, funny how Battlefield 3 with its awesome graphics runs so much better than this. Rockstar has to be the worst publisher when it comes to PC ports. I am extremely disappointed, I left the game mid way on the console because I thought playing it on a PC would be a much better experience. I strongly advice against purchasing this game for a PC. You are better off with the console version.

Well, thanks for the warning. I kinda of had a sneaking suspicion this would happen. Now, I think it was a good thing they hiked the price to Rs 850/- At least, I escaped from wasting money on this.

Getting the following DLC's for the 360:

Reefer Madness Case

'A Slip of Tongue' Case

Nicholson Electroplating case

'The Naked City' vice case

I hope my saves are still preserved on the hard drive. :(

Thank god i completed the game on PS3, the PC port indeed looks like a disaster! I wonder how bad the Max Payne 3 / GTA 5 PC port will be :/

Bluffmaster said:

Good that I saw this, no buy for me.

Yep, no doubt the game lagged horribly even at lowest settings on my decently specced rig. However, after adding "-str -npd" as command-line parameters in the Launcher options, the game is very much playable. Enjoyed playing/solving the first couple of cases. From what I have read, this unplayable experience is due to CPU usage hitting 100% on rigs with dual-core processors (I noticed this before I added command-line parameters).

Completed the 'The Naked City' DLC this morning and it was very good (and lengthy). The storyline was pretty engaging and it reminds me how awesome this game felt, back when it released, and it still does. Roy's conversations were just hilarious. One of his cocky quotes from this case: "If they locked up all the doctors in this town, Vice would be able to work half-days." :rofl:

I picked the game again a couple of days back.

Question:
If i have 2-3 locations to visit in a case and these locations have people to be interrogated, i dont have to proceed to the locations in the chronological order, right ? Or will the random visits will hamper/impede my progress..?

Another question:
Picked my first Golden film reel.

Pretty much like the treasures like in Uncharted series. Correct me if i am wrong.. these are rather difficult to find as they are not in plain sight all the time, nor do they glimmer like in UC games.. making it difficult to notice them.

Edit: Nevermind.
The assumption seems to be correct. But they dont contribute to the game experience so wont be too bothered. Just to be searching for the pale yellow reels and w.o the hints/clues is just plain silly. Should have taken a leaf from UC people.

Didnt like the GTA games, but this one is pure winner tbh.
Songs are terrific. Esp:
1) "MURDER, HE SAYS" (1943) by Dinah Shore
2) "I'M CONFESSIN' (THAT I LOVE YOU)" (1947) by Peggy Lee
3) Stone cold dead in the market (1946) by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Jordan

http://sharemyplaylists.com/lanoireradiosongs

Just started this yesterday evening. The first thing that caught my attention is the amount of facial details of people who you talk to and also interrogate in the game. The details are actually so crucial to also judge sometimes whether the witnesses are lying or not. Brilliant touch this. Loving the gameplay so far. I have decided to complete the story driven missions first and then get back to the Street Crimes later in free roam mode. :)

I picked the game again a couple of days back.

Question:
If i have 2-3 locations to visit in a case and these locations have people to be interrogated, i dont have to proceed to the locations in the chronological order, right ? Or will the random visits will hamper/impede my progress..?

Sometimes it does matter. Some hard questions only pop up when you've visited the case locations in a more appropriate manner. You'll have to figure out yourself which ones are important and which ones are lesser. ;)

@Spacescreamer Sometimes it does..cause sometimes in one location you find an evidence and in the next scene you might have to show it to prove someone wrong...although main part of this showing evidence and stuffs mostly happens in the end.
and be sure to answer some strong questions correctly(in fact you'll know for yourself which ones they are) cause they might lead to case failure. Also try out free-roam. That's fun too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back