L.A Noire - Discussion Thread

Question:
If i have 2-3 locations to visit in a case and these locations have people to be interrogated, i dont have to proceed to the locations in the chronological order, right ? Or will the random visits will hamper/impede my progress..?

Certain cases require a proper set of locations to be visited first, before it comes to a conclusion. The game won't give you a hint for it. So you're on your own. This also means that you'll probably miss out on certain clues which could possibly aid you in interrogating the next suspect.

Ethan_Hunt, Altair, jojothedragon

Thanks for replying to the query.

What to say about the hunch..

I was on the Secretary Murder case..

Got one question wrong from the Theka owner and the damn 4/5 star rating and foolproof conviction slipped out of my hands.
Worse thing being that i never faced any such situation till now. I knew for a surety that who the culprit is, but the evidence list just didnt had anything to nail his lies. Then i return back for second round of interrogation, notice just two options of either charge him or back out.. i ofc happily pin the murder on him.. and then the Cap'n blasts me as if i stole his wife.
Only then i understood what has gone wrong. :mad:

Oh dam! Looks like the spoiler tags have screwed up again.

Nah works just fine. Just that we need to enter some value for the spoiler like the one I've demonstrated below:

spoiler content [//spoiler]

PS: Remove the additional slash.

Just completed all of the Homicide cases... the last 2 cases really did take long specially with the multiple interrogations in the the Studio Secretary murder case.

Now onto the Vice cases... :)

Which case is this? The Studio Secretary Murder case?
Whom did you charged?
I hope this is the case:
The Studio Secretary Murder - L.A. Noire Wiki

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes, it was the very case as mentioned by you.

I charged that repair guy. And then got blasted by the chief.
Thing is, charging any guy would have been fine, but the chief had some bone to pick up with the commie guy.. hence the no 5* rating.
One thing which irked me was, if after investigating location 1, gamewell provides me another destination.. i am supposed to visit that first according to one case. But in the following case, i went on with the location 2 and then with the gamewell one. And that was how it was supposed to be. So this was at the back of my mind before i responded and then the game became just unputdownable. Finished it off now :p

Finished the game.
Brilliantly done finale. I wasnt expecting the epilogue to be this nicely done.
With those addictive jazz numbers, now i really do feel that i shd have indulged in this game only when the sequel was ready to hit the mkt :) Past few days been really good with the fav genre's game keeping me busy and soaked. After credit Cutscene was the final piece in the story.
Producer's name was a surprise.

Only gripe: Lack of ammo status and auto fixing of the cross hair on enemy could have been avoided.

Game is not perfect, but Rockstar did made a very very good game. Would def like this to turn into a franchise. US has a lot of states :D

Completed the game yesterday evening. Loved it. The way the missions evolved along with the well woven story of the characters, impeccable. My only gripe lay in the shooting mechanism in the game, mouse movement felt severely sluggish at times while in combat. A minor flaw that.

Spacescreamer: Did you finish the DLC's as well mate? I will be starting the DLC's today. Have the street crimes left to do as well.

@Black_Hawk

Nope. Dont have the means to get the DLC at the moment.
Will get them at a later date sometime. Will be nice revisiting the LA city.

Btw, LA Noire fan or not.. this is a must see :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you play it on PC or PS3?

PS3.

Strange thing observed: I completed the game, waited till after the credit roll for the final cut scene.. allowed it to finish.. when the screen returned to the neon sign i think.. only then i made the exit from the game. But now as i return to complete the side missions, i am again chasing Kelso.
Is this a glitch or something ?

Interesting read: Why Did L.A. Noire Take Seven Years to Make?

I played it on the X360, so no idea about any such incident. BTW, if you had played the PC version, all the DLCs would be included in it, by default, since it's the "complete edition". I managed to grab every other DLC, except 'The Consul's Car' DLC, as that was only available for PSN and part of the complete edition package. They sure do add a lot more bonus time to the game. Wish they came out with some more. :)

IMO, all of them were pretty interesting. My personal favourites were 'The Naked City' & 'A Slip of the Tongue'. Didn't get a chance to play 'Consul's Car'.

IMO, all of them were pretty interesting. My personal favourites were 'The Naked City' & 'A Slip of the Tongue'. Didn't get a chance to play 'Consul's Car'.

I heard The Naked City was the best case of the game.
True ?

I liked 'A Slip of Tongue', 'Consul's Car' and 'Reefer Madness'. Haven't played 'Nicholson Electroplating Disaster'.

So i think you got the best chance to help me out here. :)
Play the case soon and do post your rating for all the cases in here.

@Spacescreamer:

Here are the DLC's I have played in order of my liking:

The Naked City
A Slip of the Tongue
The Consul's Car
Reefer Madness

This is not to say that Reefer Madness is a weak DLC, It's just that I liked the other 3 DLC's more. The Naked City was probably the longest DLC in the list and took a nice long time to solve the entire thing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back