Video Is Hisense 43 inches 4K QLED Google TV 43U6K a good buy at 26K ?

So, what is the best option to play 4K Video (with Atmos) on TV stored in a NAS? I have Nvideo Shield Pro (latest), Fire TV Stick 4K Max and MiTV 75 QLED Android TV.
don't worry, only the kodi gui is capped at 1080p. Videos play at 4k. Librelec uses gbm display manager or something which supports hdr and 4k resolution now so it supports 4k gui i think.
you have every device that can play 4k resolution videos properly so you can use anything which is faster or more powerful.
i don't know about atmos. maybe set audio to stream pcm to an atmos compatible audio player? I can't say since I don't have experience with playing atmos audio.

i don't know about atmos. maybe set audio to stream pcm to an atmos compatible audio player? I can't say since I don't have experience with playing atmos audio.
Kodi+Nvidia Shield play Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby True HD, DTS-HD-MA smoothly.

Any starters guide for this specific setup?
It's fairly simple, no guide required.

You want to play your media through network or USB?

Just install Kodi, add sources (USB/Network folder) in "files" and play. I can share share screenshots of Kodi Audio setup page if needed but it is not too complex you will understand when you see the menu options.

It's fairly simple, no guide required.

You want to play your media through network or USB?

Just install Kodi, add sources (USB/Network folder) in "files" and play. I can share share screenshots of Kodi Audio setup page if needed but it is not too complex you will understand when you see the menu options.
I do have Plex setup but Kodi is long pending in my check list... Tried a decade ago and remember it did not work for me.... I plan to use through network only, will try as you suggested, thanks.

Did anyone ordered this TV? On paper this looks good but not sure about the refresh rate
There is a unboxing and review video, must me HiSense sponsored unit.

But reviewer didn't just praise it. Hisense advertised 600+ nits but reviewer tested and it does not go beyond 337 nits.

This is 8bit + FRC panel. Not true 1.07 Billion colors because FRC = frame rate correction. It jumps between colors extremely fast to give color difference perception.
Lot of the Hisense and other brands selling their HDR tv's are using 8bit + frc panels. The better brands are no better. Samsung and LG are using edge lit panels on HDR tv's.
Display Type ‎8 bit | VA

I'll wait for this sale to start and buy 43' TV, I guess there is no point talking about anything other than QLED + 120Hrz Refreesh rate

This is 8bit + FRC panel. Not true 1.07 Billion colors because FRC = frame rate correction. It jumps between colors extremely fast to give color difference perception.
Lot of the Hisense and other brands selling their HDR tv's are using 8bit + frc panels. The better brands are no better. Samsung and LG are using edge lit panels on HDR tv's.
You won't get true 10 bit in budget TVs.

Did OP buy something? Even i'm on the lookout for a 43" HDR tv and frankly nothing is good. All rubbish tv's imo. Either brightness is 200-300cd or around that figure or panels are low end frc type. None of them are true HDR panels. 8 bit panels cannot produce 1 billion colours and even Samsung is lying in their marketing material.

Did OP buy something? Even i'm on the lookout for a 43" HDR tv and frankly nothing is good. All rubbish tv's imo. Either brightness is 200-300cd or around that figure or panels are low end frc type. None of them are true HDR panels. 8 bit panels cannot produce 1 billion colours and even Samsung is lying in their marketing material.
I bought this and more than happy with my purchase. Yes, I didn't get QLED and a couple of more things maybe but this is my other room TV anyway and I got good brand/service and picture quality is superb.

Paid Rs.23232.

PS: I have been using Mi QLED 75" with Q990B soundbar, Nvidia shield pro and Fire TV 4K Max. since oct'2021 as my living room TV.

Last edited:
Back